Diamond member question

Hi, soon will be my first cruise as a diamond member. My housband is NOT a diamond member. I understand that I will be getting 3 drinks per day between 5-7 PM. Will he be getting the same or we will have to share mine? In a diamond lounge can he come along?

Hi, soon will be my first cruise as a diamond member. My housband is NOT a diamond member. I understand that I will be getting 3 drinks per day between 5-7 PM. Will he be getting the same or we will have to share mine? In a diamond lounge can he come along?

Contact Crown & Anchor and ask them to link your husband with you. Then you will both be at the same level and get the same perks.

Bob - do you know this answer?

How long does it take to replicate your status with C&A? Some of my husband's credits weren't on his status and so I called C&A. I just wanted to know how long it takes them to appear. We are Emerald and we should be Diamond. Thanks!

How long does it take to replicate your status with C&A? Some of my husband's credits weren't on his status and so I called C&A. I just wanted to know how long it takes them to appear. We are Emerald and we should be Diamond. Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know how long it takes C&A to do a manual correction.

Sorry, I don't know how long it takes C&A to do a manual correction.

Did you call this number? 800-526-9723? They generally work pretty fast.

I know you didn't ask and it probably does not apply, but also note that C&A status may carry over but points are not cumulative. This has bitten us at least once (because I generally don't think too deeply about it) and I assume it's still true (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong ;)).

For example, let's say that Persons A and B get married. Person A has never cruised before. Person B was emerald with 75 points. After marriage, their accounts are linked an both A and B are Emerald. After that, Person A goes on a 7-day cruise with friends. Even though Person A gets Emerald status on that cruise, A's point total aftward is 7. Those 7 days are not added to the 75 points Person B has. In other words, Person B's point total will be what drives A&B to the next levels unless Person A cruises so much without B that Person A has earned enough points to move to the next level alone.

In a diamond lounge can he come along?

Guests are not permitted in the Diamond Lounge nor does anyone who is not D and up get the three free drinks, so definitely get your husband linked to your account so he can share your status (I assume you live together at the same address! :p ).

I know you didn't ask and it probably does not apply, but also note that C&A status may carry over but points are not cumulative. This has bitten us at least once (because I generally don't think too deeply about it) and I assume it's still true (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong ;)).

For example, let's say that Persons A and B get married. Person A has never cruised before. Person B was emerald with 75 points. After marriage, their accounts are linked an both A and B are Emerald. After that, Person A goes on a 7-day cruise with friends. Even though Person A gets Emerald status on that cruise, A's point total aftward is 7. Those 7 days are not added to the 75 points Person B has. In other words, Person B's point total will be what drives A&B to the next levels unless Person A cruises so much without B that Person A has earned enough points to move to the next level alone.

............:eek:...........this just gave me horrible flashbacks to my high school SAT math question of " A train leaves station A at 11:45. Another train leaves station B at 1:15. If.......blah, blah, blah.......:eek:.....excuse me I need to rid my mind of this "problem"......I wish I had 3 free drinks NOW......

............:eek:...........this just gave me horrible flashbacks to my high school SAT math question of " A train leaves station A at 11:45. Another train leaves station B at 1:15. If.......blah, blah, blah.......:eek:.....excuse me I need to rid my mind of this "problem"......I wish I had 3 free drinks NOW......

3-drinks.jpg

Hahahahhahaha... I have a MS in Statistics (I know, lies, damn lies and statistics) and I thought exactly the same thing!!!

Save

Save

What happen if I cruise with my mother? Can I link her for the one cruise we go together? She and I cruise together at times.

No, but she can join you for a drink in one of the lounges where you will still have your 3 free drinks. She cannot go into the DL with you. The reciprocal status is for spouses, and children under 18 living at the same address.

What happen if I cruise with my mother? Can I link her for the one cruise we go together? She and I cruise together at times.

No you cannot link accounts. Only spouses, domestic partners and minor children residing in the same household can be linked.

Did you call this number? 800-526-9723? They generally work pretty fast.

Thank you Merion_Mom and silentbob007 - Yep, that's the number that I called. My husband and I have taken the same cruises and have the same amount of points, but for some reason, he had 13 pts on another C&A number. So, I guess I will call back and ask again. Thank you both for your help!

Thank you Merion_Mom and silentbob007 - Yep, that's the number that I called. My husband and I have taken the same cruises and have the same amount of points, but for some reason, he had 13 pts on another C&A number. So, I guess I will call back and ask again. Thank you both for your help!

Hi, Deana! Yes, you three should all have the same amount of points, unless one of you has gone without the others.

John and are are cruising August 21 on Freedom....seeing a couple we met 10 years ago on Freedom! I'm sure we'll cruise with y'all again, sometime!:) Was that the same cruise when we met y'all? October 2006 Freedom? Other couple is Sara and Ron..

Edited by cruising grandma

No, but she can join you for a drink in one of the lounges where you will still have your 3 free drinks. She cannot go into the DL with you. The reciprocal status is for spouses, and children under 18 living at the same address.

I'm cruising 11/12 for the first time as Diamond. It looks like from your post you don't have to get your free drinks in the Diamond Lounge. How does it work if you don't go to the Diamond Lounge? We will probably be dining early. Can I use one of my free drinks in the dining room?

Sandy

I'm cruising 11/12 for the first time as Diamond. It looks like from your post you don't have to get your free drinks in the Diamond Lounge. How does it work if you don't go to the Diamond Lounge? We will probably be dining early. Can I use one of my free drinks in the dining room?

Sandy

You can't use your free drinks in the dining room however you can get a drink from a nearby bar and bring it in with you.

Sandy

When you arrive in your cabin, there will be a letter letting you know of all the perks loaded onto your Seapass card and any restrictions associated with those perks. It will explain the lounge hours and drink voucher restrictions. Generally, you are not permitted to use the vouchers in any of the dining venues. You may however stop at a bar, pick up a drink and take it into the dining room, speciality restaurant, or Windjammer.

Enjoy

Edited by cruisegirl1

Is that behind the scenes though? I have sailed for 9 more points than my wife has. But when she logs onto her account and looks at her C&A numbers, it shows the same number of points that I have. Is it the software just showing the hightest point total between us then?

Is that behind the scenes though? I have sailed for 9 more points than my wife has. But when she logs onto her account and looks at her C&A numbers, it shows the same number of points that I have. Is it the software just showing the hightest point total between us then?

Yes, the software does only show the points for the highest person, however they do keep individual totals at C&A

On 2 different RCCL cruises we have taken non Diamond C&A members with us to the Diamond Lounge. The host required us to pay for their drinks. We explained that they were traveling with us and politely asked permission for them to join us. In each instance the lounge was not crowded.

On 2 different RCCL cruises we have taken non Diamond C&A members with us to the Diamond Lounge. The host required us to pay for their drinks. We explained that they were traveling with us and politely asked permission for them to join us. In each instance the lounge was not crowded.

That seems so unusual to me. In many instances, I don't recall seeing any way to pay for drinks. There is no payment terminal in many lounges.

M

Based on your cruise history, looks like you haven't been on Royal for awhile. I'm not sure something like this would be allowed now.