Microsoft Digital Workshop?

HUNKY

The other half wants a new desktop. Are any discounts or coupons distributed at the Digital Workshop classes?

Sorry not those that I attended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other half wants a new desktop. Are any discounts or coupons distributed at the Digital Workshop classes?

No coupons but lots of free advice. Each cruise also provides designated time to just to ask questions.

Since the workshops are sponsored by Microsoft and HP I would've thought with the captive audience they would be eager to sell some product.

For the past three years, all of the computers I have seen have been SONY standalones but with SONY getting out of the PC business, not sure if the PCs will be changed to HP.

I was thrilled to see this thread - It had been so long since I'd heard Digital Workshops mentioned I was afraid they'd been done away with. I have really enjoyed them in the past.:)

They always have very informative handouts that are useful for tweaking your PCs when you get back home.

On a couple of our recent cruises one could also download the info from the handouts on a flash drive. But be sure to take notes too because the instructors often share more info and hints than just what is on the sheets. Great classes - trained me on Windows 10 after I upgraded my Surface.

I don't know about others, but I, for one, would like to see some classes for iPads and Macs.

Don't think that's going to happen folks.

These classes are sponsored by Microsoft. I think the computers are supplied by Microsoft. I believe the instructors are even trained by Microsoft.

Yes, it's a partnership with Microsoft and all about MS products.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=Activities_DigitalWorkshop&showHeader=true&showFooter=true&WT.ac=brandLP_OurStory-Activities_DigitalWorkshop_img

Edited by jtl513

On a couple of our recent cruises one could also download the info from the handouts on a flash drive. But be sure to take notes too because the instructors often share more info and hints than just what is on the sheets. Great classes - trained me on Windows 10 after I upgraded my Surface.

I would LOVE training on Windows 10. Last summer they were using Windows 8. 10 hadn't been out very long at the time we cruised on the Eurodam.

You are not able to edit your own pictures on the ship computers. That is why I bring my own Surface to the classes with pics downloaded. Then I can do my own editing during the trainings. Bringing one's own device also helps when room is crowded and all computers taken. Have often sat by windows or stood in back during classes and used my computer. Trainers have always been helpful if I have needed extra help with my devise during their Q&A time.

I don't think so. Ships are very leery of removable media for fear of transferring viruses. I don't know if the computers are even left on when the teacher isn't there.

Due to thefts of things like mouse pads, they now also lock the room when the instructor leaves.

Lots of good advise about sorting & editing your photos. The hand outs after each class are great for after you get home. And if you're thinking about up grading to Windows 10 the classes are a great place to start.

Allan

Lots of good advise about sorting & editing your photos. The hand outs after each class are great for after you get home. And if you're thinking about up grading to Windows 10 the classes are a great place to start.

Allan

We're getting a new laptop with Windows 10 by September (we have Win 7 now - skipped 8 completely). I figure by the time we cruise I can learn all the "cool stuff" I missed when trying to just learn to use the new Windows 10.:D