Jade itineraries changed

I can't get the attachment to come up, can someone please tell me the details about any changes to the July 16 (14 day Iceland, Scotland, UK cruise) or what the new Iceland cruise dates are? I was researching these for next July and wondered why the Jade summer itineraries suddenly disappeared from the NCL website yesterday. Now it makes sense.

July 16 stays the same as it was. The two new Iceland itineraries are roundtrips out of Southampton in August (19th) and September (11th). Same basic itineraries as the one out of Hamburg with slightly different order, except the one in August is a 15-day and adds Newcastle.

Edited by Regguy

My itinerary on ncl.com has changed to "default itinerary name."

I'm not a Del Rio hater as much as some, but I have to say that my new itinerary title does not sound as fun as my old one.

If DH likes our Gem trip, maybe I can sell him on the Aug 15-day Norway/Scotland/Iceland trip. Anything that is described by someone as "too cold" would be right up his alley. And with the way the world is today, the summer cruises in Europe next year may be priced nicely for Americans. We leave 6 weeks from today, and then I can start thinking about next year seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jm485

My itinerary on ncl.com has changed to "default itinerary name."

I'm not a Del Rio hater as much as some, but I have to say that my new itinerary title does not sound as fun as my old one.

My Easter 2017 cruise has been described as that for ages now. :)

I suspect those 7n rotations with mutli embarkation were a problem.

We would have waited and picked up any late deals as would a lot of locals they were not that appealing with air from US.

New may still throw up bargains(ncl has historically had trouble filling Norway) but Iceland and round britain have a lot of appeal.

Prices on the May need to be competitive celebrity and Princess run that route in may.

Not too sure what is going on with the June departures out of Southampton next year. Currently we are booked on the 11 June Norway out of Southampton but the "my NCL" is a mess for it, but really hoping it is still on as booked because there are no other dates we can make.

I am really confused now. I know NCL are famous for having no links between left hand, right hand and corporate brain, but I have had an email flyer this morning pushing both 2nd and 11 June 2017 Fjords from Southampton!!!!!

What on earth is going on.

Not too sure what is going on with the June departures out of Southampton next year. Currently we are booked on the 11 June Norway out of Southampton but the "my NCL" is a mess for it, but really hoping it is still on as booked because there are no other dates we can make.

I am really confused now. I know NCL are famous for having no links between left hand, right hand and corporate brain, but I have had an email flyer this morning pushing both 2nd and 11 June 2017 Fjords from Southampton!!!!!

What on earth is going on.

Whilst the 2nd and 11th Norway aren't listed on the itinerary list, they are both possible given where the ship will be, so I'd be very surprised if they don't remain available.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Whilst the 2nd and 11th Norway aren't listed on the itinerary list, they are both possible given where the ship will be, so I'd be very surprised if they don't remain available.

The list linked in post 11 shows a reposition from Southampton from June 2 to 4 and then two 9-day Norway cruises out of Hamburg. Are we thinking that's not accurate?

Edit -- sorry, I see -- the question is whether they will pick up from Southampton when they are there on the 4th and 11th. I would be surprised if not.

Edited by Regguy

Before all this lot starts.

I'm not sure exactly, but I think it was being done before the Summer 2017 season starts.

Thanks. From what my impression was it was after the TA and was going to be done somewhere in Europe late Spring/Early Summer.

Thanks. From what my impression was it was after the TA and was going to be done somewhere in Europe late Spring/Early Summer.

You can relax Dexddd, the Jade will be in drydock immediately following the Pearl's return from DD in early March. Jade is scheduled to do 1 last sixthman music cruise Apr. 4-9th and then returns to complete the Caribbean cruises. The TA was scheduled Apr. 30th but no longer posted on NCL.

Could it be due to changes to that itinerary or is it Sold Out? No idea. Apparently no one knows anything about that change either.... :eek:

You can relax Dexddd, the Jade will be in drydock immediately following the Pearl's return from DD in early March. Jade is scheduled to do 1 last sixthman music cruise Apr. 4-9th and then returns to complete the Caribbean cruises. The TA was scheduled Apr. 30th but no longer posted on NCL.

Could it be due to changes to that itinerary or is it Sold Out? No idea. Apparently no one knows anything about that change either.... :eek:

I wonder if the TA will be cancelled since the drydock is in Bermuda on the way to Southampton according to the article linked above. Or will you have to embark in Bermuda? :confused:

"The 2,402-passenger ship will homeport in Southampton after a two-week overhaul in Bermuda, the first time NCL has based a ship in the UK since 2010.

In addition to one European Capitals cruise it will sail two Norwegian Fjord itineraries as well as a whole new 11-night British Isles cruise departing Southampton in May and two 14-night Norway, Iceland & UK itineraries in August and September.

But the ship will also sail from Hamburg next summer, the first NCL ship to be based there, reflecting the even greater demand for cruise holidays in Germany.

From Hamburg it will sail three Norwegian Fjord itineraries and two 12-night North Cape sailings plus one 14-night Norway, Iceland & UK cruise. Norwegian Jade will also call in to Hamburg on September 9 as part of the Hamburg Cruise Days and join the spectacular River Elbe parade."

Now I've looked at the changes. I'm seeing the positives. I'd be very happy to do an England/Scotland cruise. I guess I'll have to wait until they're posted on the NCL website. I'm still interested in the original itinerary too and Getaway's itinerary. ( I'll just have to work out the 'hottest' time to travel. As the past few years I've been in the much warmer Med/Adriatic etc. )

Thanks for the latest.

I've just received an email from our PCC. It does seem as though this could be a bit of an issue.

I asked about pricing for the Iceland trip on the 19th, as we are considering transferring to it instead of staying with the Norwegian Fjords.

It seems that what NCL are doing is asking people to confirm what they want to do by the 3rd of August, at which point they will make the adjustments and then put the cruises on general sale.

This is quite sensible, but it does raise some issues:

If we decide to transfer, we would be doing so without knowing the cost of the Iceland trip.

I'm not sure when the rebooking would take place, but if it is after the 3rd of August then I would be taking a risk with the Free at Sea perks, as the current promo ends on the 31st July.

We don't know what cabins would be available. We are currently booked in a room we particularly like, and would obviously retain that if we stick where we are. However, if we transfer then we could find that it isn't available.

Obviously, if we did transfer and then found that we weren't happy with something about the Iceland trip (price being most likely) then moving back would be a cancellation and rebooking, so we would potentially lose out significantly.

I've asked for some clarification on some of the points, and some are not a massive problem (we can wait until 1st August to confirm and see how the promos renew, and even if we can't get our selected cabin, there should be some aft minis available), but the price is a potential show stopper.

I'll see what they come back with. I've always found NCL to be pretty good in these situations, so I think it should get resolved OK, but it's bit inconvenient at the moment.

My guess is Iceland pricing is going to be about the same as the 14-day Iceland July 16 cruise was selling for when they pulled it, plus another $100 or so because it's a 15 day, and then a little more in port charges because of Southampton instead of Hamburg. I think part of this whole change is specifically designed to add those Iceland cruises because the July 16 Iceland cruise was selling off the charts. No RCCI or Celebrity to Iceland this year. NCL is the only game in town, though MSC has an 11-day that is dirt cheap at the moment.

Anyway, when NCL pulled the schedule, these were some of the prices for the 14-day July Iceland. These are about $200 across the board higher than opening day prices, having just been raised a couple of weeks ago and I imagine the new ones will start out in this range. Port charges are about $215pp. I don't have regular haven pricing because they sold out almost immediately, as did aft mini-suites (which is what we booked on day 2 after schedule release). I also don't know about OV.

Inside $2099pp

Balcony $2799 to $3399 pp

Aft Balcony $3599pp

Mid mini $3799pp

Aft mini $3849pp

2br owners $7599pp

I don't have non-haven suite prices but we priced an SF for four when the schedule first came out and it was right around $12k for 4 with port charges.

I've just received an email from our PCC. It does seem as though this could be a bit of an issue.

I asked about pricing for the Iceland trip on the 19th, as we are considering transferring to it instead of staying with the Norwegian Fjords.

It seems that what NCL are doing is asking people to confirm what they want to do by the 3rd of August, at which point they will make the adjustments and then put the cruises on general sale.

This is quite sensible, but it does raise some issues:

If we decide to transfer, we would be doing so without knowing the cost of the Iceland trip.

I'm not sure when the rebooking would take place, but if it is after the 3rd of August then I would be taking a risk with the Free at Sea perks, as the current promo ends on the 31st July.

We don't know what cabins would be available. We are currently booked in a room we particularly like, and would obviously retain that if we stick where we are. However, if we transfer then we could find that it isn't available.

Obviously, if we did transfer and then found that we weren't happy with something about the Iceland trip (price being most likely) then moving back would be a cancellation and rebooking, so we would potentially lose out significantly.

I've asked for some clarification on some of the points, and some are not a massive problem (we can wait until 1st August to confirm and see how the promos renew, and even if we can't get our selected cabin, there should be some aft minis available), but the price is a potential show stopper.

I'll see what they come back with. I've always found NCL to be pretty good in these situations, so I think it should get resolved OK, but it's bit inconvenient at the moment.

Edited by Regguy

Anyway, when NCL pulled the schedule, these were some of the prices for the 14-day July Iceland. These are about $200 across the board higher than opening day prices, having just been raised a couple of weeks ago and I imagine the new ones will start out in this range. Port charges are about $215pp. I don't have regular haven pricing because they sold out almost immediately, as did aft mini-suites (which is what we booked on day 2 after schedule release). I also don't know about OV.

Inside $2099pp

Balcony $2799 to $3399 pp

Aft Balcony $3599pp

Mid mini $3799pp

Aft mini $3849pp

2br owners $7599pp

I don't have non-haven suite prices but we priced an SF for four when the schedule first came out and it was right around $12k for 4 with port charges.

That's seriously good money, Iceland is a good draw.

That's seriously good money, Iceland is a good draw.

Yeah, they are high for sure. I'm booked for the July Iceland and I'm hopeful the extra capacity on the two new cruises reduces demand and drops the prices eventually but I'm not optimistic.