Iron in cabin?

stitchcreek

I don't understand why Celebrity can't provide laundry rooms like other lines. Both Cunard and Oceania have several - roughly one per cabin deck- with washing machines, dryers, an ironing board and a good quality iron. I think it's just a money making scam to have to send out clothes for pressing.

3 hours ago, Csardas said:

I don't understand why Celebrity can't provide laundry rooms like other lines. Both Cunard and Oceania have several - roughly one per cabin deck- with washing machines, dryers, an ironing board and a good quality iron. I think it's just a money making scam to have to send out clothes for pressing.

This is a three-year-old thread that was resurrected.   

They dont because it costs them revenue, it doesnt fit their image of their line, it causes a lot of probms when people don’t use the laundry equipment properly, and that’s that.  

Edited by Alakegirl

5 hours ago, Csardas said:

It is what it is.

Plus if they did have laundry rooms, then there would be threads here debating about why anyone wants to do laundry on a cruise, much like the threads debating about the IV cabins on the Edge.

I have been on lines which had laundry rooms. Passengers unfamiliar with laundromats, and most of the Cruising population is unfamiliar with laundromats, didn’t follow directions and pretty soon there was water running down the hall.  One passenger decided to dye some clothing blue. The next passengers who used that washing machine ended up with blue clothing.  Passengers forgot to come get their washing and move it to the dryer, the next passenger took the clothes out of the washing machine, and a fight ensued.  Celebrity has chosen to avoid all that hassle.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Csardas said:

"like other lines"?  No laundry rooms on NCL.  None on the RCI and HAL ships I've been on.

I'm very glad there are none on Celebrity, for all the reasons people have just mentioned above, as well as the fact that they would constitute more noisy public spaces to be avoided in choosing a stateroom.

• Like 1

As I stated in my post, both Cunard and Oceania have them.

Their clients seemed perfectly  able to read and follow simple instruction.

Both lines also have set opening and closing  times (the doors are locked outwith theses hours) so they don’t provide any disturbance to those opposite or next to them.

14 minutes ago, Csardas said:

Both lines also have set opening and closing  times (the doors are locked outwith theses hours) so they don’t provide any disturbance to those opposite or next to them.

Except when they are open. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

"like other lines"?  No laundry rooms on NCL.  None on the RCI and HAL ships I've been on.

I'm very glad there are none on Celebrity, for all the reasons people have just mentioned above, as well as the fact that they would constitute more noisy public spaces to be avoided in choosing a stateroom.

They are also on Princess and Carnival.

Not hard to figure out where they are based on published deck plans.

As opposed to people posting on cruise critic asking about "white space" next to or across from their cabins and being concerned about is it a crew stairwell or store room for room stewards to restock your cabin.

As I said before, "it is what it is."  For each individual guest, there are pro and cons about having laundry rooms on board a ship.