Etickets and luggage tags online?

rgaudet

Getting ready for first Oceania cruise in a few weeks. I'm surprised that I can't see my eticket/boarding pass online nor can I print luggage tags. Every other cruise I've been on did this. .... Or am I just missing it somewhere?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than three weeks and haven't received the blue book though my TA said she sent it almost two weeks ago. I did get some e-documents from her but no luggage tags were included. Hopefully it all comes in the mail soon. I like getting the pre-cruise package.

Rob

Less than three weeks and haven't received the blue book though my TA said she sent it almost two weeks ago. I did get some e-documents from her but no luggage tags were included. Hopefully it all comes in the mail soon. I like getting the pre-cruise package.

Rob

Canada Post? :D

If you don't get it soon, have the TA send it by UPS

Edited by Paulchili

Sounds like another case of the TA not sending the booklet along as it will cost them too much

Do not worry you can take the Email Doc that come from O about 3 wks out

FINAL CRUISE SUMMERY

They will have luggage tags at the port where you drop your bags

Next time ask the TA to have the Blue Book sent directly to you from Oceania ..My TA does this it arrives FEDEX

Funny thing another poster from OTTAWA not long ago posted their TA did not send the booklet either

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2353669&highlight=booklet

Edited by LHT28

The same thing happened to us a couple of cruises ago and our TA had to send it out again maybe a couple of weeks before departure. Usually we arrive in the departure port a few days in advance but on occasion we've been in the country a week or two prior ... in that case, you would need your luggage tags right away (although you can get them at the port if necessary).

You should also receive an email "boarding package" closer to the cruise which would get you through to the check-in point as well. No luggage tags, of course.

OTOH, a few days ago we received the blue booklet for our cruise which leaves October 4th. I don't think we've ever received this material quite so early!

Mura

OTOH, a few days ago we received the blue booklet for our cruise which leaves October 4th. I don't think we've ever received this material quite so early!

Mura

They seem to come a lot earlier now that they do not put the top staff's names in it

I like the conspiracy theory against people from Ottawa!! Could be!

I did get the email with the final cruise summary docs so I'm sure I will be able to check in with that.

Still like to have the actual luggage tags and printed tickets. Just old school I guess!

Rob

They seem to come a lot earlier now that they do not put the top staff's names in it

I agree. I just got my Blue Book today for my October 16th cruise

Without the list of Officers and specialty dining reservations it isn't as exciting as previous ones. I loved to see who was going to be on the cruise even if they did make changes later,

I did get the email with the final cruise summary docs so I'm sure I will be able to check in with that.

Still like to have the actual luggage tags and printed tickets. Just old school I guess!

Rob

Lots of Conspiracy in Ottawa :D

There are no tickets anymore it is all e-docs

The booklet has the same info on page 2 or 4 that the final summary has just print that off incase the port people want to make sure you are on the cruise

Oceania only requires your Passport & credit card to check in

Enjoy

Lyn

Several posters have told you that you'll be able to pick up blank luggage tags and fill them in once you arrive at port. That's absolutely true. However, if you're the kind of person who doesn't like to leave things for the last minute or who wants to hand over the luggage without needing to wait while "Mr Luggage Tag Man" -- there's typically only one -- arrives to tag your luggage tags, you can make your own.

An official Oceania tag contains the following pieces of information:

Your name

Your stateroom number

Your Ship's name

The date of your cruise

That's it!

I've attached a thumbnail size photo of an official Oceania luggage tag in case you're clever with an appropriate program to make your luggage tag look fancy/more official.

1200888480_OceaniaLuggageTags.jpg.008d090ec5967cb3949f20a5abc87182.jpg

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Without the list of Officers and specialty dining reservations it isn't as exciting as previous ones. I loved to see who was going to be on the cruise even if they did make changes later,

I agree

I miss the old days when you got the documents in a nice leather case

even the Blue book was a little more interesting than now

maybe they will just send the luggage tags with the personal info page next & save more $$

:(

Edited by LHT28

Rob

I seem to remember that someone on this forum once created a template if the Oceania tags that you could print at home.

One time when the blue book was quite late, I called O and they sent me blank O tags.

In the worst case scenario, stevedores at the port will/should have blank generic tags.

I spoke with my Oceania Cruise Consultant today to confirm that everything has been finalized for my cruise next week. No eTicket, and you don't even need to bring the bluebook -- just your passport and a credit card for onboard account. I'm still getting e-mails though reminding me to make sure guest registration form is complete, even though it's been complete for months now.

I spoke with my Oceania Cruise Consultant today to confirm that everything has been finalized for my cruise next week. No eTicket, and you don't even need to bring the bluebook -- just your passport and a credit card for onboard account. I'm still getting e-mails though reminding me to make sure guest registration form is complete, even though it's been complete for months now.

Passengers don't specifically need the Blue Book in order to get onto the ship, but they will probably need something preprinted by the cruise line in order to get through Security at the pier.

Shoreside staff are either independent contractors or government employees, dependant on the level of security at your Embarkation Port....they don't work for Oceania.

Just relaying what I was told today that I didn't need anything but my passport. However, I always bring whatever paperwork I have to show proof of perks, restaurant reservations, etc., just in case.

Well you may want to relay back to your source

Oceania does not require anything other than Passport or CC but some port authorities DO

Miami is one where they will not let you in the building until you show the page in the blue book or equivalent documentation

we have seen people fumbling in their carry-on for the book

You're right about the port authorities. A couple of years ago, boarding in Istanbul, I produced the page I'd printed with my name on it thinking that would get us both on board. Nope! They were rather reluctant to let Mr Vee embark until some sensible looking woman went off and found his name on the passenger list. Bit embarrassing for me as we were celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary on that trip :D.

We are boarding in Southampton on Aug 15. I think/hope we will be ok. Still no blue book today but TA said she sent it almost two weeks ago. I give it two more days due to US and Canadian post!

Rob

You're right about the port authorities. A couple of years ago, boarding in Istanbul, I produced the page I'd printed with my name on it thinking that would get us both on board. Nope! They were rather reluctant to let Mr Vee embark until some sensible looking woman went off and found his name on the passenger list. Bit embarrassing for me as we were celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary on that trip :D.

Seems to me THEY should have been the ones to be embarrassed!

But the moral is bring either the blue booklet or your email last minute confirmations. Both should be sufficient.

Mura

Getting ready for first Oceania cruise in a few weeks. I'm surprised that I can't see my eticket/boarding pass online nor can I print luggage tags. Every other cruise I've been on did this. .... Or am I just missing it somewhere?

Rob

I have a reciept....and the cruise docs in hand about 45 days prior. I never print boarding pass or bag tags till I show up at the pier.... it is no big thing Many times ihave a gty cabin and dont know till I show up....

Really its no big deal, just like e-tickets for airlines, hotel res etc. All you need is photo ID in reality.

In 8 cruises I have never woried about having a E-ticket or a or bag tag....its a non issue with O...

Relax it isnt a mass market cattle boat with thousands boarding.... it's a few hundred and in reality as I arrive around 2 pm not 11 am its only 2 to 3 people in the boarding process.... I never have had to show a ticket or any more than my passport..... Relax

The blue book arrived yesterday ! Only 2.5 weeks after my travel agent sent it. No kudos to US or Canada Post!

Nice book and I have my luggage tags. Excited!

Rob

Exactly the same thing happened to us in Istanbul. It took us ages to persuade them that we were the passengers printed on the page. Then we had to go through the same thing again when we got to the Xray machine! We never did now what they really wanted to see!!