Rumor from Teppanyaki on Norwegian Escape

Daghis

You can book an interior for $399 on MSC Divina and get as much lobster as you want in the MDR at no charge. I've heard their Yacht Club beats Haven hands down. Time to vote with your wallets people...

Sorry was on the Divina twice and the food is disappointing. The ship is impeccably clean but the food was subpar, even the pasta.

Unfortunately, the one removed from the Haven menu was a 1.5 lb whole cold water lobster. I have had it before and it was very good and I get them fresh caught here in NJ all the time. Is it a big deal that we can no longer get them? NO. But when I spend 9k on a cabin and they start to take stuff away and throw a couple of lousy shrimps in its place I no longer care to spend my hard earned dollar on a diluted product. Geez, I can't even get a comped bottle of water for 9 grand? I just came back from a week at an all inclusive in Mexico that was less than half the price and it included lobster, filet mignon and UBP and low and behold all the bottled water I could drink!!!!!!!!

IMO there are much better values than the nickel and dime product NCL is now offering. Once my cruise certificates run out we will no longer be using this cruise line in the future.

:rolleyes: MY thoughts exactly. Its not this thing or that its the sum of all things taken away that depreciate the experience, but not the cost. Esp when you have cruised before and know how much has changed. Cruising is starting to feel like a visit to a floating mall. With mall quality food instead of a floating vacation destination. We too are finishing up a couple of prebooked cruises then we are also looking into all-inclusive island destinations.

If the food was so disappointing on the Divina, why did you go back on her for a second time?

I could understand that question if you were asking about a restaurant, but aren't we talking about a cruise? Is the food the only thing that matters? What an odd thing to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry was on the Divina twice and the food is disappointing. The ship is impeccably clean but the food was subpar, even the pasta.

If the food was so disappointing on the Divina, why did you go back on her for a second time?

I could understand that question if you were asking about a restaurant, but aren't we talking about a cruise? Is the food the only thing that matters? What an odd thing to ask.

Lrgpizza....I was responding from my cell phone and forgot to quote Taszmom. Since she already had a disappointing time on the Divina regarding the food, I was just curious as to why she chose to cruise on her again?

Lrgpizza....I was responding from my cell phone and forgot to quote Taszmom. Since she already had a disappointing time on the Divina regarding the food, I was just curious as to why she chose to cruise on her again?

The question is still odd. Lots of people continue to cruise while referring to cruise food as "cafeteria style".

I'm a New Englander and can't understand the hoopla over lobster on cruise ships, any cruise line. They're frozen and are not Maine/New England lobster. Once you've had Homarus Americanus-North American lobster, you can understand what the ships serve don't come close. Stick to the shrimp.

It all depends. We have had Maine lobster on the Epic and the Escape. One was free, the other was an upcharge. It all depends on what is available to them at the time.

The question is still odd. Lots of people continue to cruise while referring to cruise food as "cafeteria style".

Taszmom said that she sailed on the Divina twice, but that the food was disappointing and subpar. If I was disappointed with the food on a ship and thought it was subpar, then there had better be many other positives about that ship that would counterbalance the negatives of the food and cause me to sail on her for a second time.

Taszmom said that she sailed on the Divina twice, but that the food was disappointing and subpar. If I was disappointed with the food on a ship and thought it was subpar, then there had better be many other positives about that ship that would counterbalance the negatives of the food and cause me to sail on her for a second time.

Food is a part of the cruise experience, perhaps not the most important part, but it is an important factor. Our DS and DIL went on Divina and said it was a beautiful ship but somewhat boring. They did get a great deal, but were disappointed with the experience overall.

I guess what I found odd was your inherent assumption in your question that people sail merely for food. "If the food was subpar, why would you sail again?" or whatever you said like that just seems odd. Many people have other priorities when sailing other than food.

I guess what I found odd was your inherent assumption in your question that people sail merely for food. "If the food was subpar, why would you sail again?" or whatever you said like that just seems odd. Many people have other priorities when sailing other than food.

She had said that she sailed on the Divine twice, even though the food was sub par. I was curious as to why she chose to sail on her a second time. Obviously there had to be other positives that counterbalanced the negatives about the food. I never meant to imply that food is the only reason that people cruise. Sorry that you inferred such.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on the availability of lobster in Teppenyaki? thanks

Disembarked yesterday and was in Teppanyaki Saturday for dinner. Lobster was on the menu. Friends on either side of me got it. I ordered the Filet & Lobster and asked them to sub shrimp for the lobster. I got 5 huge shrimp and much more meat then the lobster would have provided. But that's just my personal taste. If I'm going to get Lobster I want a nice piece, not half a small to average tail.

Disembarked yesterday and was in Teppanyaki Saturday for dinner. Lobster was on the menu. Friends on either side of me got it. I ordered the Filet & Lobster and asked them to sub shrimp for the lobster. I got 5 huge shrimp and much more meat then the lobster would have provided. But that's just my personal taste. If I'm going to get Lobster I want a nice piece, not half a small to average tail.

I always get the filet and lobster, but have them also add the shrimp. :D

I'm a New Englander and can't understand the hoopla over lobster on cruise ships, any cruise line. They're frozen and are not Maine/New England lobster. Once you've had Homarus Americanus-North American lobster, you can understand what the ships serve don't come close. Stick to the shrimp.

Well, that's the thing. You're from New England, so you're used to good lobster. You can get it all the time and it's no big deal to you. Someone from the South might be used to fantastic fried chicken and not understand why others rave about some fried chicken when the chicken they can get back home is miles above any fried chicken anywhere else. Someone from Chicago might not understand why people not from Chicago go crazy over the deep dish pizza.

Everyone comes from different backgrounds. To many, lobster represents a luxury that they don't usually eat on land, whether due to affordability/cost or availability. While on a cruise ship, people tend to live more extravagantly and I can easily understand why people love to have lobster while on a cruise.

Well, that's the thing. You're from New England, so you're used to good lobster. You can get it all the time and it's no big deal to you. Someone from the South might be used to fantastic fried chicken and not understand why others rave about some fried chicken when the chicken they can get back home is miles above any fried chicken anywhere else. Someone from Chicago might not understand why people not from Chicago go crazy over the deep dish pizza.

Everyone comes from different backgrounds. To many, lobster represents a luxury that they don't usually eat on land, whether due to affordability/cost or availability. While on a cruise ship, people tend to live more extravagantly and I can easily understand why people love to have lobster while on a cruise.

Yep, we didn't catch too many lobsters in Southwest Oklahoma! And where we lived at, Long John Silvers was the nearest seafood place.

I was just on the Escape and my son ordered the seafood combo which comes with lobster, scallops and calamari. He's only 11 but loves hibachi yet he couldn't finish his lobster or calamari so mom and dad came to the rescue to eat that up! I'm used to cold water lobster so this wasn't as sweet as I'm used to but it was still good. Had a great lobster roll in Boston back in April at Yankee Lobster.