Rumor from Teppanyaki on Norwegian Escape

Daghis

Our last cruise in June was our first (and possibly last) Haven experience. I had the Surf and Turf with Lobster in the Haven twice and Cagney's once. Haven Restaurant was the best, but I still enjoyed Cagney's. Perhaps the Haven atmosphere and better appetizers added more to the meal.

We live in a state that just has 'Red Lobster'....so please let me continue to enjoy my lobster rolls from Ocean Blue on my cruises! They are a great treat to those of us who don't live near real lobster restaurants.

NCL Haven prices are ridiculous and you deserve that lobster in my worthless opinion. lol But that being said, now back up please. Even the Haven does not get bottled water included????????????????????????? For a minimum of 3 grand per? LOL!!!!
I don't cruise in the Haven, but in an aft penthouse and I've always received a liter of water and on one of my cruises when I went through that bottle, they gave me another one.

I agree. I'm from Boston so Maine lobster is readily available and it is truly its own thing on its own level. I have had lobster on ships and it is clearly Caribbean lobster no matter what they might tell you. (Perhaps it is different in something like the Haven)

P.S, even Gordon Ramsay went off on some lobster shop owner who claimed he was selling Maine lobster rolls. Gordon took one bite, called BS then went searching. It was from Canada. So, yes, "real" lobster is much different.

That being said, the majority of the population don't have access to Maine lobster so to them they enjoy what the ship offers and I am sorry yet another thing has been taken from them. Sigh. Come on NCL. Soon we'll be down to plastic utensils. lol

Canadian lobster is still cold water lobster, it is only a few miles from parts of Maine. The lower quality can come from it being canned or frozen. It stays fresh but the texture and taste are not the same as a freshly cooked lobster.

I don't cruise in the Haven, but in an aft penthouse and I've always received a liter of water and on one of my cruises when I went through that bottle, they gave me another one.

I have not had that priviiedge and I am platinum and have sailed in the haven 3x. Once i consume that one free bottle it was never replaced. I usually replenished at port but now that is not allowed so I guess we are all SOL.

Sorry for slight digression, but Haven doesn't have a concierge lounge arrangement where you can get bottled water and sodas and that sort of thing?

Have to say it's looking more and more likely that the next time I want to throw money away on a cruise it'll be the concierge level on Disney.

I usually cruise in the Haven, but my last was an aft suite (except for twice in DOS - so no comparison on those). My "hit" ratio on the free replacement of water is probably less than 50/50. Doesn't personally matter; however, I guess it could start to get pretty pricey.

Sorry for slight digression, but Haven doesn't have a concierge lounge arrangement where you can get bottled water and sodas and that sort of thing?

Have to say it's looking more and more likely that the next time I want to throw money away on a cruise it'll be the concierge level on Disney.

No, the Haven area on NCL is nothing like the Concierge Lounge on DCL. Yes you can get water and soda on NCL in the Haven but you pay for it unless you get it from the water jug thingy on the table with some small treats (like short breads/cookies/candy).

But at least NCL Haven does have a pool unlike the Dream/Fantasy. I know Magic/Wonder they are doing something more with a lounge but really haven't paid much attention.

DCL shoreside concierge also rocks.

No, the Haven area on NCL is nothing like the Concierge Lounge on DCL. Yes you can get water and soda on NCL in the Haven but you pay for it unless you get it from the water jug thingy on the table with some small treats (like short breads/cookies/candy).

But at least NCL Haven does have a pool unlike the Dream/Fantasy. I know Magic/Wonder they are doing something more with a lounge but really haven't paid much attention.

DCL shoreside concierge also rocks.

The thing is, almost the only time I ever hear about the Haven pool, it's when people are talking about how it's full of unruly kids. So the adults only pool on Disney still sounds like it might have the upper hand.

(Not a DCL cheerleader at all--their prices are crazy. But the one time we did concierge there we were spoiled rotten, and we practically could have eaten nowhere else but the concierge lounge.)

I think Magic at least has the full concierge lounge deal, but haven't seen it.

The thing is, almost the only time I ever hear about the Haven pool, it's when people are talking about how it's full of unruly kids. So the adults only pool on Disney still sounds like it might have the upper hand.

(Not a DCL cheerleader at all--their prices are crazy. But the one time we did concierge there we were spoiled rotten, and we practically could have eaten nowhere else but the concierge lounge.)

I think Magic at least has the full concierge lounge deal, but haven't seen it.

Yeah, the Haven pools are small and can be crowded with kids since it would only take like 10 adults or kids to make it full just by them standing in it. Yes, the adults pools on all the DCL ships I've been on (all four of them) have always been very quiet even though it is an area families have to walk through to get to the forward stairs/elevators.

I hear you about the prices but some off-season dates aren't too bad.

Pretty interesting thread you folks got going. The title is Rumors about Teppenyaki, and the posts are about the Haven pools. Anyone been tested for ADHD? LOL.

No lobster in Teppanyaki > not even any lobster in Haven > (I don't know how it switched to bottled water in Haven) > Haven V DCL Concierge amenities.

These things happen.

We had dinner at Teppanyaki last night. At the end of the meal, the chef mentioned to me that this was the last week that lobster would be available in Teppanyaki.

I have no confirmation of this, but I wanted to share it in case it matters to anyone sailing on Norwegian Escape starting next week.

Nothing like starting a good Lobster rumor.

Seems like it got confirmed by multiple sources?
Just off the ship today....it is confirmed. I did have a piece of lobster in my seafood combo appetizer at Le Bistro and the lobster entree there without the awful sauce. A squeeze of lemon did the trick.

IMO there are much better values than the nickel and dime product NCL is now offering.

More nickel and dimeing....the premium liquor classification that used to be 14.95 and covered under the UBP is now 16.95 and not covered. Included in this group is Patron Silver, Tangueray 10 and the flavored Grey Gooses. What makes no sense at all is that regular Grey Goose is still covered and all four varieties are the same price in the duty free shop on board.

I ate there tonight for dinner on the breakaway and I got the fillet and lobster tail combo. I asked them if they are discontinuing the lobster and I was told they were not told anything as of today. You can still get Lobster at LaBistro, Cagneys and Ocean Blue.

Harriet

You can book an interior for $399 on MSC Divina and get as much lobster as you want in the MDR at no charge. I've heard their Yacht Club beats Haven hands down. Time to vote with your wallets people...

Hmmm....but our DS and DIL were bored on their Divina cruise. Wasn't the Caribbean type cruise they thought it would be. But they did get a good deal on the week. Next cruise they want to go back to NCL.