Michaels Club Questions

Lastdance

As someone who is not a wine connoisseur, I do appreciate a nice glass of chardonnay.

Our experience on Summit in a suite (non-sky :p) was not that great.

We both looked forward to the venue, pretty easy to please. I'm the lover of the grape, my husband is just a Coke Zero kind of guy. Their choice of chardonnay was what was available in the classic package, not that good. They never asked me what I preferred when I asked what was available, I just didn't ask for the glass of wine. The bartender was aloof, not in any way wanting to serve or please us. We had the premium drinks with our suite so being able to get a nice glass of wine there was not a priority. I wonder if I had asked for a certain brand if they would have gotten it for me? I didn't even want to bother asking the bartender.

If you don't ask you're saying "no" to yourself. Always ask and if it is available in MC you will receive. One passenger prefers Whispering Angel and I've seen a bottle put away for him.

We've been in a CS several cruises. Luminae has breakfast everyday with many choices on the menu, healthy and otherwise.

I don't recall restrictions for children in MC, but the cruises we were on had few children.

We have our first Sky Suite coming up in October. Because it is a TA, we were unable to get any promo that includes a beverage package. Nice to know the concierge of Michael's Club can get my favorite martini: the chocolate.:) Thanks for the info.

Why can't you get the packages? We have used TA's and always get the promo plus any TA bonus. While we love Michael's club, sometimes we enjoy spending time at other bars, especially the Martini and pool bars.

Why can't you get the packages? We have used TA's and always get the promo plus any TA bonus. While we love Michael's club, sometimes we enjoy spending time at other bars, especially the Martini and pool bars.

Different meanings for "TA". In this case "Trans Atlantic", not "Travel Agent". Celebrity doesn't normally offer perks including beverage packages for Trans Atlantic cruises.

Different meanings for "TA". In this case "Trans Atlantic", not "Travel Agent". Celebrity doesn't normally offer perks including beverage packages for Trans Atlantic cruises.

True...but we were able to obtain both free gratuities and a very nice OBC by booking our next TA while on board our last one!! So there are ways for some perks....haven't seen a beverage package perk for TA's in a couple years now..

True...but we were able to obtain both free gratuities and a very nice OBC by booking our next TA while on board our last one!! So there are ways for some perks....haven't seen a beverage package perk for TA's in a couple years now..

Within the last year they've been doing a special promotion on TAs for future TAs. I didn't do the onboard booking with the offer since I believe that prices will drop more than the value of the perks and I can always used stockholder credit. It's always a risk. I too, have not seen a beverage package offered and perhaps that one reason why MC is so busy on TAs. I should add that many, including me enjoy MC even without drinks. Just enjoy the people and conversation especially on longer cruises when you have a chance to really meet people. Silhouette crossing is next.

Within the last year they've been doing a special promotion on TAs for future TAs. I didn't do the onboard booking with the offer since I believe that prices will drop more than the value of the perks and I can always used stockholder credit. It's always a risk. I too, have not seen a beverage package offered and perhaps that one reason why MC is so busy on TAs. I should add that many, including me enjoy MC even without drinks. Just enjoy the people and conversation especially on longer cruises when you have a chance to really meet people. Silhouette crossing is next.

Oh, I agree with you about Michael's Club. We've been fans of the venue for years! Absolutely loved the ones on the "M" class ships, very cozy.

I found the one on Reflection FAR more comfortable than the one on the Eclipse. Same location but the furnishings on Reflection (and Silhouette) are more comfortable. But we still enjoyed on the Eclipse, just found ourselves staying longer, chatting longer on the Reflection. Have a wonderful time on Silhouette, we will be on the Equinox TA in October!!:)

We were in an SS and agreed Michaels is much more comfortable on Reflection vs. the other ships. The MC concierge actually encouraged us to take out water bottles especially for excursions on port days. We took sodas and some non - alcoholic

Drinks. Everyone was very respectful in the lounge and if they took a drink it was never a problem. Even before dinner MC was never crowded, but this wasn't a TA so that's probably why.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, I have a new question on the Michael's Club Concierge (first time in Suite on upcoming Summit Cruise). We have a large cruise credit that will be available to us so I am planning on booking some excursions directly through Celebrity once I get on board. Is the Michael's Club Concierge usually available in the early part of the Embarkation Day to help assist us in making these reservations. I have an idea on what tours we would like to do from the Celebrity website. Will the MC Concierge have a list of tours available similar to how the shore excursion desk has to view? As you can see, I am more of a planner and will usually pre-book any tours that I really want but with my GO Best package booked, I am actually struggling to spending the cruise credit I have on file since most of the items (Prem Bev Package, TIPS, Internet, etc is already taken care of. (I know, if I could always have these problems :). TIA

Hi, I have a new question on the Michael's Club Concierge (first time in Suite on upcoming Summit Cruise). We have a large cruise credit that will be available to us so I am planning on booking some excursions directly through Celebrity once I get on board. Is the Michael's Club Concierge usually available in the early part of the Embarkation Day to help assist us in making these reservations. I have an idea on what tours we would like to do from the Celebrity website. Will the MC Concierge have a list of tours available similar to how the shore excursion desk has to view? As you can see, I am more of a planner and will usually pre-book any tours that I really want but with my GO Best package booked, I am actually struggling to spending the cruise credit I have on file since most of the items (Prem Bev Package, TIPS, Internet, etc is already taken care of. (I know, if I could always have these problems :). TIA

The Concierge will take care of your excursions. Just tell them what you want.

Depending on what time you board, the MC concierge may be quite busy greeting guests and explaining the services but will be able to book excursions for you sometime that day.

You raise a very good point. The MCC is very, very busy the first day. They must greet all the passengers as the enter Michael's Club. They also need to prepare for Muster Drill. They are also the supervisor for the Butlers. Good to wait until the evening to make requests. They secured reservations for me on shore excursions that we were told were "sold out".

I'm not sure about embarkation day, but the concierge has a shore excursions agent come to Michael's during the cruise to work with people privately. We've always pre-booked, but if we had wanted to book a shore excursion, it would have been a nice way to do it (sipping a drink in MC in comfy chairs with a private agent :)).

Maybe you could ask about that when you receive your pre-cruise email asking about your wants and needs.

I'm not sure about embarkation day, but the concierge has a shore excursions agent come to Michael's during the cruise to work with people privately. We've always pre-booked, but if we had wanted to book a shore excursion, it would have been a nice way to do it (sipping a drink in MC in comfy chairs with a private agent :)).

Maybe you could ask about that when you receive your pre-cruise email asking about your wants and needs.

Does the pre cruise email only apply to royal suites and above?

Does the pre cruise email only apply to royal suites and above?

I don't know for sure.....we were in a CS on last year's Eclipse spring TA and never heard anything....

But we were also in a CS on THIS year's Reflection spring TA and received an email about a week or so before the cruise from the shoreside concierge.

So hit or miss I guess...

We are again in a CS on the Equinox this fall so we'll what happens this time....:)

I don't know for sure.....we were in a CS on last year's Eclipse spring TA and never heard anything....

But we were also in a CS on THIS year's Reflection spring TA and received an email about a week or so before the cruise from the shoreside concierge.

So hit or miss I guess...

We are again in a CS on the Equinox this fall so we'll what happens this time....:)

Thanks. I just wondered. We are in a CS on Sunday but haven't heard anything. Not a big deal- I'll just be happy to get on board :)

Thanks. I just wondered. We are in a CS on Sunday but haven't heard anything. Not a big deal- I'll just be happy to get on board :)

We are in a Sky Suite and this cruise never got a pre call from any concierge Previously on other ships, we did certainly when in a CS. We are also sailing on Sunday. Michaels club on the summit isn't very large, but it is nice- when it was limited to CS and above, it was mostly empty most days. I recall we were the only couple adding a special tea one afternoon in Michael's- with a staff of people serving and preparing our tea and snacks. I guess because it was so underutilized, they opened it up to Sky and above. On the reflection in March, no problem with crowds at any time of day- most people in Suites had drink packages and didn't depend upon Michaels.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Celebrity Suites and above are suppose to be contacted by the shore side concierge pre cruise. Sky Suites are not contacted according to Celebrity.

and as I said in my previous post it seems to be "hit or miss" in the Celebrity Suites..... I'm not concerned for our next cruise as we aren't taking care of any large groups as we did on the last one....it was nice having the early contact for that one because we took care of a slot pull with 120 people and a dinner in Qsine for 30 and a few others things...... this one we're not doing any of that so if we don't hear from them it won't be a big deal.....

I've been contacted as much as two months before a cruise. I've also been contacted 2 days prior to a cruise. Not a big deal since anything you need you can get once aboard. I'm also on some Social Media sites where some of the MCCs are "friends" and I can contact them directly if I really must. I've never used these sites for that purpose, but I do use it to stay in contact and find out where they will be when I cruise.