Booking beverage package

A week ago, when going into cruise planner, you were no longer able to book a beverage package. My cruise isn't until April, 2017. I know you cannot make dinner, activities or entertainment reservations until 90 days prior, but for something requiring payment you were able to at any point in time. I wrote to RC and they said you were unable to book the beverage packages until 90 days before. I just think this is odd.

Marg

A week ago, when going into cruise planner, you were no longer able to book a beverage package. My cruise isn't until April, 2017. I know you cannot make dinner, activities or entertainment reservations until 90 days prior, but for something requiring payment you were able to at any point in time. I wrote to RC and they said you were unable to book the beverage packages until 90 days before. I just think this is odd.

Marg

Not in the least bit true. I can book a beverage package for cruises that are much farther out than 90 days.

There is either a glitch for your particular cruise, your particular reservation, or they are adding or removing discounts.

A week ago, when going into cruise planner, you were no longer able to book a beverage package. My cruise isn't until April, 2017. I know you cannot make dinner, activities or entertainment reservations until 90 days prior, but for something requiring payment you were able to at any point in time.

Specialty restaurants require payment and those don't open early. Internet packages don't show up till about 6 months out.

Not sure what's the rush to pay for the package - it's not like they will run out.

... I wrote to RC and they said you were unable to book the beverage packages until 90 days before. I just think this is odd.

Marg

Just another of the many inaccurate responses from RC.

Specialty restaurants require payment and those don't open early. Internet packages don't show up till about 6 months out.

Not sure what's the rush to pay for the package - it's not like they will run out.

One good reason is for people paying in currencies other than US$ taking advantage of a more favourable exchange rate

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, the beverage package prices also disappeared from our cruise planner for our April 2017 cruise. It was there until the 20% off promo started. I called Royal too and was told a similar story regarding the booking window, however the prices were listed on our cruise planner before the sale. I suspect the beverage prices will reappear after the 20% sale ends.

Our next cruise is only next March. I purchased the kids soda packages several months ago (Last december), back when they had the cheaper pricing and the kids packages prices were lower than the adults price. Now Kids and adults are priced the same. Saved $65. Reason number 1.

Last week, I purchased my wife an I the ultimate packages at 20% discount on the first day the discount appeared, The very next day, the packages had gone up $3 each per day, but still advertised at 20% discount. Saved $50 Reason #2. Reading on these forums, I notice that the on board pricing on many occasions is slightly higher than pre-purchase, Also, I have not read about 20% when purchasing on board, but maybe there is... If not: Saved $420 Reason #3.

I also read on a few threads, some people were complaining that they were charged an extra tax on the packages because they purchased the package while the ship was still in port. Perhaps saved some money... not sure how much. Reason #4.

The packages can be cancelled at anytime before your cruise and repurchased if they are actually cheaper, so I wonder, why not pre-purchase them. I know some will want to use their OBC, but there are a thousand ways to use OBC on a cruise.

dp

Edited by dpostman

Our next cruise isn't until January and nothing was available until the 20% deal last week. Still though, only the premium and ultimate packages that were on sale were available. The beer/wine package was not on sale and not available yet.

I would wait until last second to book drink packages. We have received various discounts leading up to our upcoming cruise..20%. You can always get the package when you board but there is no benefit of booking early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree why let them hold your money and maybe they will offer 20 percent sale later ( we are also sailing next April), There is one benefit to booking early that is if the price goes up you will have old price locked in. WE did jump on the 20 percent off sale for September cruise

I called C&A about this and was told this was an early booking incentive and that at present staff have not been provided with an end date for this promotion. My next is April 2017 and beverage packages are not yet available to book for me or the C&A staff. I was told to keep checking.

Hoping it lasts!

The only advantage I can see for booking it early is to avoid a price increase. If a discounted price is offered, one could always cancel and then re-order w/ the discount.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin