Bionic Bar

Drink packages can be used at bionic bar. Drinks cost no more than they go at any other bar so essentially it costs nothing to get your drink made by the robotic bartenders. I found it interesting but only felt the need to go once. Makes a good video opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Surprisingly, several people recently have said that their best drinks were in the Bionic Bar.

This is true! We had 6 bottles of wine on our cruise, 4 we brought on because we had two cabins and 2 were gifts from our TA. So no need for a drink package. I had two drinks of the day and we also got the 2-4-1 Margaritas, Cosmos and Bloody Mary's. The Margaritas and Cosmos were premade and had very little alcohol, didn't even get a buzz. The Bloody Mary was freshly made and I witnessed the bartender putting a little more than a full shot in it. My Gin and Tonic had a shot and a half of Gin and the right amount of tonic. It was $12.

Drink packages can be used at bionic bar. Drinks cost no more than they go at any other bar so essentially it costs nothing to get your drink made by the robotic bartenders. I found it interesting but only felt the need to go once. Makes a good video opportunity.

Just curious, does the robot give you an opportunity to add a gratutity? I would assume it would go to some general bar tender pool.

Just curious, does the robot give you an opportunity to add a gratutity? I would assume it would go to some general bar tender pool.

Yes , I am fairly sure there was an opportunity to add gratuity. On harmony there was a "human" bartender present at all times to help with ordering or any problems so maybe the gratuity went to them?

Surprisingly, several people recently have said that their best drinks were in the Bionic Bar.

True, just the fairly flimsy plastic glasses spoil it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was told by the Food & Beverage Manager on the Quantum that the 18% gratuity that is automatically added to your bill at the Bionic Bar (like every other bar on board) goes into the Crew Welfare Fund.

This is used to help crew members in times of crisis and need.

I was told by the Food & Beverage Manager on the Quantum that the 18% gratuity that is automatically added to your bill at the Bionic Bar (like every other bar on board) goes into the Crew Welfare Fund.

This is used to help crew members in times of crisis and need.

That's good to know.

Having a drink package and thus the drinks costing nothing, I was able to experiment with some recipes, some successes, some best forgotten. The menu does limit you to only three part liquor, so one can't go too crazy. On my last Anthem cruise I averaged one or two drinks there a night, that is the nights the robots were on-line.

I wonder what drink they ordered. I tried it once and it was the worst drink I had on Anthem. It was fun watching it being made but that was about it!

Since it's all computerized, I wonder what pour they have it set to. The small plastic glasses might make it seem stronger. Wasn't so great on the Quantum, however that was when it was first rolled out.

Be a good question to ask at the next Bionic Bar. My bet is 1 ounce pour. Tops ounce and a half.

If they are making a drink with more than 3 items, I would think it would be right down to the recipe put in the computer.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

I wonder what drink they ordered. I tried it once and it was the worst drink I had on Anthem. It was fun watching it being made but that was about it!

Same experience here with just a regular cocktail. Nothing fancy.

There was definitely room for improvement ... so maybe that's what they did in order for folks to utilize it more than a one time novelty.

I agree! They were consistent every time. Not only that, my wife loves a drink called "Ruby Relaxer", that is only available at Ruby Tuesday's. She was able to select "Create Your Own Drink", and pick the ingredients in a Ruby Relaxer, She was then able to Name it. It was perfect every time.

I agree! They were consistent every time. Not only that, my wife loves a drink called "Ruby Relaxer", that is only available at Ruby Tuesday's. She was able to select "Create Your Own Drink", and pick the ingredients in a Ruby Relaxer, She was then able to Name it. It was perfect every time.

Did she get to select how much of each ingredient went into the drink?

One of the good things about a robot .... get a consistent drink every time unless it goes amuck:eek:

Bionic bartender was one of the best on Anthem. No joke. And I am serious about my bartender relationships. :) but the powers that be on Anthem are serious about making bartenders do measured pours, no doubles, etc.

At the Bionic, when you create your own you can choose 3 parts of your favorite liquor. Makes for a better drink IMHO

Did she get to select how much of each ingredient went into the drink?

One of the good things about a robot .... get a consistent drink every time unless it goes amuck:eek:

Yes, it prompts you as to the amount of each ingredient. My wife did the correct amounts and the drink was perfect. My niece did the same drink but added more of one ingredient and the drink was way too strong.

I was unlucky. Tried it on Harmony, and the cocktail tasted a bit off. Also, found out that they apprently were out of orange juice, as when I tested to order just 5 parts orangejuice it was basically water that came out.

Will try it again in september to see if things have improved