Early Flight

FraudBroad

We have never nor would we ever book a flight that early. Our last cruise out of FLL, was Crown Princess and we were delayed getting off the ship. We were in the MDR (walking off with our own bags) at 7:20am.....it was almost 9am before we walked off the ship. We never would have made that time.

We are in the group of cruisers who never book flights that early though. Many people do book early and make it. It is not worth the stress to us to do that and we have no desire to end a vacation with a lot of stress.

If you decide to chance it, make sure you have a plan B! :)

Will be cruising Crown Princess next march. Do I dare book a 9:40AM flight home from Ft Lauderdale? Is it doable?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's doable...

As long as everything goes perfectly, the ship arrives back in port on time, gets cleared by Customs and Immigration and they start letting people off at least as early as 8:00 AM, you don't oversleep, there are no delays, you get through Customs quickly and if you catch a taxi immediately and get right to the airport.

Yeah, it's doable...

As long as everything goes perfectly, the ship arrives back in port on time, gets cleared by Customs and Immigration and they start letting people off at least as early as 8:00 AM, you don't oversleep, there are no delays, you get through Customs quickly and if you catch a taxi immediately and get right to the airport.

Waaayyyyy too many "if's" to make a flight that early.

Will be cruising Crown Princess next march. Do I dare book a 9:40AM flight home from Ft Lauderdale? Is it doable?

Thanks!

That is a REALLY easy flight to miss.

Then what are you going to do?

If customs is held up, do you think the airlines will automatically reschedule you at no cost?

[quote=FraudBroad;50673341 Do I dare book a 9:40AM flight home from Ft Lauderdale? Is it doable?

Thanks!

Yes it is "doable". That doesn't mean you will make it. :o

Since flights are always full, to then find seats on a later flight that day after missing your original one, will be another challenge. I'd book something at 11 at the earliest so I could sleep well the last night.