Getting tech savvy on the Mozart

cruisr

I trust/hope that Crystal provides access to daily newspaper through Press Reader on Mozart as it does on SS. Could someone please confirm?

Hi Observer,

Yes Press Reader is available (both on the iPad provided in the cabins and also if you bring your own).

I personally found the iPad only really useful as an easy to see in the dark clock :) and while innovative, perhaps redundant. I used the conventional tv control and the light controls, and when I wanted to call the butler I picked up the phone. I did use it once or twice to read the news.

There are light controls by the entrance to the suite as well as by the nightstands so no matter where you are it's just easier to push the button on the wall than reaching for the iPad and navigate a few steps to do the same.

On the cabin lighting issue, I really liked the fact that you can set the intensity of the lights from a mere glow to fully bright (5 different levels) but what I found incomprehensible is that you cannot just turn on one or two lights, it's all or nothing.

With respect to Toto, I grew fond of it :) but yes, the unnecessary greeting every time you enter the bathroom, whether you are there to use Toto or not is a bit much (even if you're taking a shower it may trigger the sensor). The question is whether not having to touch the toilet lid ever is worth the mild annoyance of having it open and close for no reason. Another nice thing about the toilet is that the flush button is set above the top of the lid when it's open unlike the regular toilets which you must close to access the flush button.

Another nice thing about the toilet is that the flush button is set above the top of the lid when it's open unlike the regular toilets which you must close to access the flush button.

Once upon a time in the history of cruising, this was a feature and not a bug. Placing the switch behind the lid helped to ensure that the person wasn't seated on the toilet when they flushed it, which was labeled as an injury risk with vacuum toilets -- at least back then. Are Mozart's toilets vacuum flushed?

Vince