NOROVIRUS - CRUISE LINE "GUILTY" - compo to pax

Watties,baked beans or spaghetti.mmmh the best.

Watties 1

Heinz 2

spc 3

homebrand ya doing it tough son.

I'll agree with you there as far as baked beans go ... except since the Heinz ones are made in NZ that means they are produced by Watties (which is now owned by Heinz). Logic says they should taste the same but, I don't know why, the Watties ones do taste better.

Can't comment on the spaghetti - once I discovered real spaghetti I could never eat the tinned stuff again. On our last cruise I ordered a spaghetti appetiser one night. It tasted like it was fresh out of a tin. :eek:

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I'll agree with you there as far as baked beans go ... except since the Heinz ones are made in NZ that means they are produced by Watties (which is now owned by Heinz). Logic says they should taste the same but, I don't know why, the Watties ones do taste better.

Can't comment on the spaghetti - once I discovered real spaghetti I could never eat the tinned stuff again. On our last cruise I ordered a spaghetti appetiser one night. It tasted like it was fresh out of a tin. :eek:

Used to love the Watties spag and sausages,

The sauce is different.

Just something those kiwis do well,where the grass is grinner and the cows are futter.:eek:

Remember OAK

Edited by mrs and mrs

The sauce is different.

Just something those kiwis do well,where the grass is grinner and the cows are futter.:eek:

Remember OAK

They still make OAK, just down the road from me.

The sauce is different.

Remember OAK

I do indeed.

I think it was OAK that used to make a really awesome fruit chutney. Haven't found anything to quite match it here. It was perfect with a good strong cheddar.

Watties,baked beans or spaghetti.mmmh the best.

Watties 1

Heinz 2

spc 3

homebrand ya doing it tough son.

Watties is Kiwi.

You don't always get baked beans on Princess overseas. But on P&O UK, you can have 'em for brekkie every day, hot chips with them if you like. All smothered in HP sauce, the way the poms like it.

Edited by NSWP

I do indeed.

I think it was OAK that used to make a really awesome fruit chutney. Haven't found anything to quite match it here. It was perfect with a good strong cheddar.

OAK is dairy, flavoured milk etc. Chutney????? As for a good strong cheddar, roll on wine' o clock, merlot and cheddar.

I was in Bega yesterday, home of Bega Cheese, if you are down there, pop into the factory, just north of the town, always some different cheeses to the ones in the shops.

http://www.begacheese.com

Edited by NSWP

Certainly never been accused of being a SNAG, it has been said that I can act a bit rash at times.

The family just say I'm a nutter, always thought it was because I was good at nutting out problems, maybe it's because I like Cashews, perhaps I should start a poll and see what CCers think.;):p

yes please New Thread,Im not entering Mics domain of river cruising.

OAK is dairy, flavoured milk etc. Chutney????? As for a good strong cheddar, roll on wine' o clock, merlot and cheddar.

Different OAK. It was a company in NZ that made baked beans (among other things), in competition with Watties. Both brands are now owned by Heinz. Not sure the OAK brand is made anymore.

I was in Bega yesterday, home of Bega Cheese, if you are down there, pop into the factory, just north of the town, always some different cheeses to the ones in the shops.

http://www.begacheese.com

I love popping in for a tasting/ snack.:D

Was bound to happen, I did it last week after the spokes person said that they like them being done early.:D

I think that was the same spokesman who last week "absolutely" "guaranteed" the site would not go down, and had been thoroughly tested with much higher loads than needed.

As dodgy as the election operation this time around.

I think that was the same spokesman who last week "absolutely" "guaranteed" the site would not go down, and had been thoroughly tested with much higher loads than needed.

Quite possibly. They had several spruiking the Census qualities and security and such. As for the Census website I am not sure if it could handle it or not but the servers of all the individual internet companies may be a different matter.

Strange goings on re the census.

Able to handle 130% load they said

No risk of hacking they said

Crashed due to demand they said

Hacked they say......

What story next I wonder.

I've been stupid enough to start a Uni course online (boredom makes you do strange things), totally gave up last night the 'net was so slow.

It was fine till about 6:00 local time then slower than me.

And I love the ads this morning from ABS telling everyone who didnt complete it last night to do it now. Website still down. Sigh. Its a worry and imagine the guffaws when they release their findings of the census. Australia's population - 2 million!

Dog ate my homework excuse.

Edited by Pushka

Did he also absolutely guarantee that it would be impossible to hack? This morning on the news, 2-3 attempted hacking episodes with the final one being successful which is why the system went down. At least for the spokesperson it wasn't due to overload. :p