Caribe Deck?

Bases5

Caribe Deck on Caribbean Princess

My TA got us a upgrade to a Cat BD on Aloha deck (12)

I see there are cat BD on Caribe deck (10)

If she could move us to Caribe deck should we move?

I have heard Caribe deck is the place to be.

Is this true and would you move there?

Or would you stay on Aloha deck

Love the Caribe balconies on Caribbean Princess. But... Which ship are you sailing?
The OP stated CB...

The OP should be aware when booking a balcony cabin that those located on Caribe deck generally have the largest balconies of any regular cabin on the ship at about 9'x9' vs 9'x5' for cabins on other decks. The interior of the cabin will be the same as other regular (non-suite) cabins. The balconies on Caribe deck are half covered so you can be out in the sun or in the shade as you desire.

Our preference is a cabin from about mid-ship toward the aft end for the smoothest ride. Cabins aft of the aft elevator are very quiet since there is very little hallway traffic.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

On any Grand class ship the Caribe balcony will be larger as well as half covered/half uncovered. Caribbean Princess has the Riviera deck so that negates the issues many have with Aloha deck cabins - Lido deck directly above. In your case either deck will have cabins both above and below. I wouldn't be at all unhappy with the Aloha deck balcony but, if I was given my choice, I'd take the Caribe deck just for the larger balcony. However, it may have a higher price tag...

Edited by Thrak

I would most definitely opt for the Caribe deck balcony cabin! BD cabins on Caribe are our favorites for location and price. The price will be the same as the BD cabins on any other deck, so that shouldn't be an issue for you. My fear is that Princess will soon reclassify these cabins on Caribe to make them more expensive!

Go for it! And enjoy your cruise with that nice, large balcony!

I would most definitely opt for the Caribe deck balcony cabin! BD cabins on Caribe are our favorites for location and price. The price will be the same as the BD cabins on any other deck, so that shouldn't be an issue for you. My fear is that Princess will soon reclassify these cabins on Caribe to make them more expensive!

Go for it! And enjoy your cruise with that nice, large balcony!

They are already considered premium balconies and are more than the upper decks. Check the prices..

The negative is that's it's a l-o-n-g hallway walk to get to most other things.

On CB having a cabin with a balcony close to the mid-ship elevator lobby is a very good thing. :)

We also prefer the midship. Feels like a short walk to any place on any deck from the midship elevator.

If you're aft, you'll have less flights of stairs to get to the buffet. That could be a plus.

rofl

As to having to walk further to get to the majority of public areas, this is a plus after being so close to the HC. :D (exercise)

We always book a cabin on the Caribe deck for the reason stated of the larger balcony. (note: only applies to grand class ships). We prefer just forward of the aft elevator bank mostly due to cost but also it seems to be quieter (personal evaluation subject to reader's opinion). While the HC is not a danger to us, the pizzeria is - love that pizza - so the added distance is good.

I can't comment on Deck 12 cause I've never stayed there, but I've been on Caribe deck on the Golden and the Diamond. As others have said the balcony is much much bigger, and is half covered. That works beautifully for me to stay in the shade with my Scottish skin, and for my Aussie husband to be getting a tan! Our favourite cabins are the very 2 last aft cabins (without being completely aft) which have even larger balcony's, or the two completely aft cabins which have a brilliant view. We had a balcony dinner last year and I can't imagine doing it on a smaller balcony.

Trish

The Caribe deck on Grand class ships is our favorite as well.

Our last three cruises have been in PH Suites on the Caribe deck midship (center) where there is less motion. The half-covered 9' x 17' balcony is the best of both worlds as well, imo. There is plenty of room for two teak loungers, small end table, dining table, and 4 chairs.

Edited by cflutist

They are already considered premium balconies and are more than the upper decks. Check the prices..

Really? I was on the CB in January when Caribe BD cabins were the same price as other decks. I am on the Ruby this next January where Caribe BD cabins are the same price as other decks. They have been the same for as long as I've been booking them, which is quite some time now. It appears to me that a BD is a BD is a BD and priced accordingly, no matter which deck it is on.

Not here to argue with you, but I do hate for someone to dismiss booking on Caribe based on faulty information.

On any Grand class ship the Caribe balcony will be larger as well as half covered/half uncovered. Caribbean Princess has the Riviera deck so that negates the issues many have with Aloha deck cabins - Lido deck directly above. In your case either deck will have cabins both above and below. I wouldn't be at all unhappy with the Aloha deck balcony but, if I was given my choice, I'd take the Caribe deck just for the larger balcony. However, it may have a higher price tag...

Op said the cabins on Caribe deck are the same category as the ones assigned on another deck.

So if any are still available in that category on Caribe deck, the price would be the same.

We always book mid ship cabins. Once we took a guarantee because it was a late booking, and we ended up in D105. It was the first and only time I was seasick--and that was an Inside Passage Alaskan cruise. We've taken several ta's in some pretty nasty storms that never bothered me a bit in my mid ship cabin.

For warm weather cruises we always stay on Caribe deck, but for ta's and cooler climate cruises we prefer Baja. The partition walls on Caribe are obviously longer because the balcony is bigger, and that narrows your view from inside the cabin. When it's cold and/or stormy I like to sit and look out, and the Baja balcony gives me a better view.

The deck above you is the Riveria deck and above the Riveria is the Lido. If you have a midship balcony cabin you will hear MUTS (Movies Under the Stars). IMHO not all upgrades are REAL upgrades but downgrades. IMHO, I would not change the Caribe deck for an Aloha cabin balcony. The balconies on the Caribe deck are larger than the other decks. If it were me I'd stay on the Caribe - which is what we have booked on the Caribbean Princess in October. We've always been happy on that deck.

I can't comment on Deck 12 cause I've never stayed there, but I've been on Caribe deck on the Golden and the Diamond. As others have said the balcony is much much bigger, and is half covered. That works beautifully for me to stay in the shade with my Scottish skin, and for my Aussie husband to be getting a tan! Our favourite cabins are the very 2 last aft cabins (without being completely aft) which have even larger balcony's, or the two completely aft cabins which have a brilliant view. We had a balcony dinner last year and I can't imagine doing it on a smaller balcony.

Trish

On Caribe deck

Do you mean the last 2 cabins aft still facing port or starboard?

The deck plan show the same size, Are they really that much bigger.