Price Checking

CanuckinSMA

I have never cruised before so not sure if this question makes sense. We have booked an Alaskan cruise on Noordam for next August. We booked a balcony with Explore 4 in VA section of Upper Verandah. We also booked a 4 day triple Denali after cruise land package which includes the meal package. I've tried to replicate this booking on HAL but can't seem to figure out how to make it the exact same as our current booking to compare pricing. I don't expect the pricing to be different today, but thinking I'd like to check it periodically over the next year in case the price changes. As well I can't figure out how to "pretend" to book BOTH with and without the Explore 4. And finally is it considered "rude" to talk to HAL agents if you have booked with a Travel Agent? Or will the HAL agent even want to talk to you if 1)you've already booked and/or 2) you've made your booking with a TA? Lots of questions but I'm hoping to start to understand how things work with a cruise!! Thanks.

The travel website with the gnome as a mascot (whose name we're not allowed to mention here because CC's "Just Say No to Gnomes" policy) lets you price both with and without E4.

However, you should be aware that once the promo ends, you won't be able to do the comparison, because the Explore 4 will not longer be available.

Because you booked with a TA, all communication with HAL must go through the TA.

To check prices, you can use a site (which also cannot be named) which sends you alerts. Just google something like "cruise price drops" and select the "fishy" site. I've only used it for the cruise portion; never tried it for a cruise tour so I'm not sure it will work for you (this time).

Because you booked with a TA, all communication with HAL must go through the TA.

To check prices, you can use a site (which also cannot be named) which sends you alerts. Just google something like "cruise price drops" and select the "fishy" site. I've only used it for the cruise portion; never tried it for a cruise tour so I'm not sure it will work for you (this time).

The Alaska CruiseTours are there. You select the ship first, and then look for the CruiseTour (20 Day Yukon+Triple Denali or whatever.)

The Alaska CruiseTours are there. You select the ship first, and then look for the CruiseTour (20 Day Yukon+Triple Denali or whatever.)

I saw that but when I clicked on a couple of them, there was no pricing data. Did you see pricing data on the one(s) you checked?

The travel website with the gnome as a mascot (whose name we're not allowed to mention here because CC's "Just Say No to Gnomes" policy) lets you price both with and without E4.

However, you should be aware that once the promo ends, you won't be able to do the comparison, because the Explore 4 will not longer be available.

What does a gnome look like or where does one find the mascot?

I saw that but when I clicked on a couple of them, there was no pricing data. Did you see pricing data on the one(s) you checked?

Yes. I was looking at the Zaandam for 2016 and the Volendam for next year. There are prices.

I'm logged in if that makes a difference.

Edited by POA1

thanks a lot. I just googled travel agency with gnome and found it. That is very helpful.

I seldom look at that site so had not noticed. The numbers do check out with a cruise I had checked with and without.

You will have to decide if the price drops and you're no longer eligible to receive the Explore 4 package if you rebook whether the difference in price would be worth it. Not just the supposed value of the Explore 4 package (the big one being the Signature Beverage Package and the second biggest being a dinner at the Pinnacle Grill--the third and fourth benefits wouldn't apply to us but may for you) but what the actual value to you would be. For me, for instance, the Signature Beverage Package does not come close to the $50 value per day that HAL gives it. I've never had the inclination to drink that many drinks in one day. It's probably worth more for some people.