Freedom of the Seas questions

We're sailing 10/23. This will be our first cruise on RCCL. We sailed the Carnival Valor 6 years ago and the Carnival Breeze 3 years ago. I think I've got the basics down. So here goes:

One formal night or two?

Are the specialty restaurant packages worth it?

Traditional dining or flexible dining time?

How will the tenders be handled in Grand Cayman?

We're sailing 10/23. This will be our first cruise on RCCL. We sailed the Carnival Valor 6 years ago and the Carnival Breeze 3 years ago. I think I've got the basics down. So here goes:

One formal night or two?

Two

In my opinion, yes. Or individually if preferred.

My Time Dining - flexible.

Suite guests and early excursions off first. Tenders will be in rotation until to assure all off as quickly as possible.

See my answers in red. Where asked it is is my opinion only.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Suite guests and early excursions off first. Tenders will be in rotation until to assure all off as quickly as possible.

See my answers in red. Where asked it is is my opinion only.

I'll second your opinion. Love the specialty restaurants and the dining packages. :)

I'll second your opinion. Love the specialty restaurants and the dining packages. :)

Ken, on recent cruises we've eaten almost exclusively in the specialty restaurants. :)

To the OP - not that there is anything wrong with the MDR. Just personal preference.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Ken, on recent cruises we've eaten almost exclusively in the specialty restaurants. :)

To the OP - not that there is anything wrong with the MDR. Just personal preference.

Us as well. Our last 2 cruises we didn't go to the MDR once and the 2 before that we only went once. If the new menus that are currently on the Oasis get rolled out soon we may give it a try again on a couple of nights on the Allure this January.

Us as well. Our last 2 cruises we didn't go to the MDR once and the 2 before that we only went once. If the new menus that are currently on the Oasis get rolled out soon we may give it a try again on a couple of nights on the Allure this January.

We are kindred spirits! :D

One formal night or two?

Two. Night #2 & probably Night #5

Yes.

Your choice.

Well. What do you mean?

One formal night or two?

Formal nights are not very formal anymore, so that doesn't concern us personally much.

To us, the only specialty restaurant we go to is Izumi, because Japanese food is an option off of the MDR menu. Personally, I can't see going to a specialty steak house onboard or an Italian restaurant. Generally there are some types of choices from a steak or Italian menu in the MDR. If you want a more expensive steak or lobster each night you can order it from the MDR menu and pay an extra fee.

We enjoy traditional dining times being seated with other cruisers that we will see each night -- that is just our preference.

Suite guests and cruisers with early excursions off first. Getting off the ship generally happens relatively quickly under normal circumstances.....not much of an issue....and if you have an early excursion, accommodations are made to have you off the ship early and quickly.

I just sailed last week and we went to chops for my birthday dinner. The MDR is fine, but we had the most amazing dinner there. To me and who traveled with us, we all thought it was an amazing dinner, well worth it for sure!