Help with dining choices and prepaid grats

ikelmay

Hello all - I need help from seasoned X cruisers.

I'm looking at booking a last minute X with an online agency that is offering prepaid grats and other goodies. Trouble is, the small print seems to say that prepaid grats offered is only available for fixed dining options. We usually prefer flexible dining. Chances are, if we jump at this cruise at this late stage, only the later traditional dining option will be available.

Does anyone have experience with this requirement of prepaid grats only being available for traditional dining?

also, what would the chances be to try and change from fixed to flexible on board? These days (it's a few years since we've taken X) is flexible more popular than it used to be? We just don't want to be stuck with late night dining and no other options.

thanks very much

Hello all - I need help from seasoned X cruisers.

I'm looking at booking a last minute X with an online agency that is offering prepaid grats and other goodies. Trouble is, the small print seems to say that prepaid grats offered is only available for fixed dining options. We usually prefer flexible dining. Chances are, if we jump at this cruise at this late stage, only the later traditional dining option will be available.

Does anyone have experience with this requirement of prepaid grats only being available for traditional dining?

also, what would the chances be to try and change from fixed to flexible on board? These days (it's a few years since we've taken X) is flexible more popular than it used to be? We just don't want to be stuck with late night dining and no other options.

thanks very much

This is the second similar post in a week about this. You need to work this out with your TA as this is not a Celebrity requirement.

If it's a good deal, book it. We've switched from fixed dining to Select a few times immediately after boarding. It may take a day to be active, but it's not a problem.

Different circumstances, I would be very careful of that, we have done the same thing but this is apparently a TA perk, not Celebrity and not sure how it would be handled. Don't think anyone on this board could tell you since probably most of us have never heard of it.

I think the TA is operating under old Celebrity rules. Time was, not long ago, that if you booked Select dining, your were required to prepay grats, so I guess it was not something the TA could offer. But they could offer it for traditional dining. Celebrity changed that, but the TA apparently is not up to date...EM

Once you board, the tips have already been paid by the agency. Switching to select is getting really easy. Switching to traditional is very limited. Good lui ck.

Just curious as you why you say it is getting easier? Is it because Select dining has been expanded?