No more balcony/suite discount within 6 months(as of Sept 1,2016)

PH8

Allaboutsailingrc,

You are absolutely correct their program, their rules.

There is nothing wrong telling a corporation you do not like a policy change. Yes, there are other options, but removing this option was great disappointment and poor treatment of long term loyal customers.

What really infuriated my is how the notification was sent out to travel agents attached to "Customer Appreciation Week" flyer announcing the removal of the benefit. Then having Crown and Anchor reps telling us that the promotions for cruises booked after the start date will be better or equal to the removed benefit. Absolutely no true at today's booking standard.

Then respond to other postings on social media stating it was due to feedback about combinability issues, and our guest benefit more from taking advantage of in-market promotions when reserving close in sailings. When I spoke to Diamond Plus rep yesterday she admitted that balcony/suite discount was the best offer, but that will be gone soon. No other reason offered except corporate decision.

It would have been better to be truthful saying we decided to remove the benefit with no smoke and mirrors attached. It still would have upset long term cruisers, but would have more palatable then the excuses being offered.

They don't actually say that the rates will be better than the discount, just that they'll offer "more" C&A rates close in. I'm unaware of any rates exclusive to C&A at the moment...

They don't actually say that the rates will be better than the discount, just that they'll offer "more" C&A rates close in. I'm unaware of any rates exclusive to C&A at the moment...

And when they do "promise" things that are "exclusively" for C&A members...........it doesn't happen that way.

Remember the opening of reservations? C&A were supposed to get first dibs.

Some of those emails went to C&A members 24, 48, 72 hours after bookings opened..........for everyone.

First, I want to thank the OP for bringing this to our attention. I really was not sure I was going to do this, but I wrote a letter to Mr. Bailey this morning. My surprise was that I just received a call from the executive office within the past hour, not even six hours after I sent it. I was informed that Mr. Bailey had read the letter and had one of his people return a call to me to discuss it. It would seem that they are getting a large amount of feedback on this issue and it was impressed upon me that the amount is such that they are planning meeting on this to see what is next. Of course the person I spoke to would not go into details, but I did get the impression that they are "getting the drift" so to say that the level of discontent is extremely high.

I made sure they understood that I was not complaining because this affected me directly at this time, but it was a trend that I could no longer stay silent on.

My recommendation to everyone is send letters to Mr. Bailey and let him know how you feel.

Edited by hac82

travelgoddess1,

It is a shame how corporations treat customers today. I have read many of your posts and looked at your past listing of your cruises. One begins to wonder how the rest of us will be treated in the future if a group of loyal cruisers, such as Pinnacle Club members (started by Ricahrd Fain and promoted by him) are starting to be treated poorly. Another Pinnacle member we met recently is posting on Royal's social media site how poorly she has been treated on a past cruise and this how this change will negatively impact her.

What is in store for the rest of us as Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum Crown and Anchor members?

I foresee a further erosion of benefits for all C&A members. Other than that, I can't say -- I wish I had a crystal ball. :) I worked for a large corporation in an industry that used to be well-respected. Due to the erosion of service and benefits, that is no longer the case.

I foresee a further erosion of benefits for all C&A members. Other than that, I can't say -- I wish I had a crystal ball. :) I worked for a large corporation in an industry that used to be well-respected. Due to the erosion of service and benefits, that is no longer the case.

Would you like to borrow mine?

crystalball.jpg

Kathy, i haven't heard back either....

Rita

Once again,those higher up get less:rolleyes: (upgrades, replies back,etc.)<-----says the cynic in me..

Edited by PH8

Good stuff. I did create a new discussion topic. So far, just me ;)

Took me awhile to find that..I don't think many people use that area......try posting on visitors posts.....that's where the others have been posting..

Although the C&A Balcony Discount within the last 6 months look like they may disappear 1 Sep, there is still a chance for a last minute score.

The 15-17 August Going, Going, Gone sale includes the 18 Sep 2016 Allure President’s Cruise with D3s at $899 and B1s at $849.

Book this and get the Customer Appreciation Week enhanced Balcony Discount.

But wait; that’s not all!

Since it is the President’s cruise you can tell Michael Bailey how much you appreciate the “enhancement” to C&A Balcony Discount benefits.

(I wonder if he is beefing up security:confused:)

Thom

Although the C&A Balcony Discount within the last 6 months look like they may disappear 1 Sep, there is still a chance for a last minute score.

The 15-17 August Going, Going, Gone sale includes the 18 Sep 2016 Allure President’s Cruise with D3s at $899 and B1s at $849.

Since it is the President’s cruise you can tell Michael Bailey how much you appreciate the “enhancement” to C&A Balcony Discount benefits.

Thom

So, all is not lost! :D :D Thanks, but no thanks.

Thom

The fact that this cruise is advertised on the GGG sales speaks volumes - I remember a time not all that many years ago when C&A member cruises were in high demand and sold at a premium.

Just received this from my TA after double confirmation from RCL of the new policy. Changes have to be done before Sept 1st in order to keep the balcony discount. After Sept 1st if any rates or sailing changes take place you will be under the new policy.

Carla

Just received this from my TA after double confirmation from RCL of the new policy. Changes have to be done before Sept 1st in order to keep the balcony discount. After Sept 1st if any rates or sailing changes take place you will be under the new policy.

Carla

Says your travel agent or RCCL?