Barcelona: Airport to Hotel transportation

Lady Arwen

Could someone recommend a private car service to pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel (close to the cruiseship terminal).

I've been checking online, but hesitant to book and pay in advance to someone we don't know and has not been recommended.

Would you suggest that we just wait and take a cab? No experience with Barcelona airport taxis, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Could someone recommend a private car service to pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel (close to the cruiseship terminal).

I've been checking online, but hesitant to book and pay in advance to someone we don't know and has not been recommended.

Would you suggest that we just wait and take a cab? No experience with Barcelona airport taxis, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Taxis are plentiful at the Barcelona airport. Very easy to get.

We normally just get a cab when we arrive. Just have your hotel name and address written down for the cab driver to be safe ;)

No need to pre-arrange transport at all IMO :)

Thanks, everyone! I think we'll just get a cab, since it seems quite easy to do so. I had no idea if cabs were plentiful and reliable. I also like the idea of pre-booking a private car, but if cabs are not an issue, then it's probably the most economical way to go.

Just a caution. Confirm the price as you show the name of the hotel in writing. I had my printout from the Eurostars Hotel at the port. The taxi driver indicated he did not know the hotel and quoted a high price and pointed at the meter. We said no thank you. There was a taxi facilitator there but she just looked the other way. We walked away for a few minutes to let that cab and a couple others go and then tried again. Next driver indicated yes and 30 Euro fixed price. Had a nice and unexciting ride to the hotel.

Having had a few problems over the years we have found this plan works well for us. Guess I have gotten a little cautious but better than a misunderstanding later.

The line for taxis was very short and lots of taxis this past April.

Just a caution . Confirm the price as you show the name of the hotel in writing. I had my printout from the Eurostars Hotel at the port. The taxi driver indicated he did not know the hotel and quoted a high price and pointed at the meter. We said no thank you. There was a taxi facilitator there but she just looked the other way. We walked away for a few minutes to let that cab and a couple others go and then tried again. Next driver indicated yes and 30 Euro fixed price. Had a nice and unexciting ride to the hotel.

Having had a few problems over the years we have found this plan works well for us. Guess I have gotten a little cautious but better than a misunderstanding later.

The line for taxis was very short and lots of taxis this past April.

Very good advice. We always confirm the price when travelling. It's a very smart thing to do ;) Glad you mentioned it.

Edited by kazu

Just take a cab - it is easier and probably cheaper

DON

Thanks, Don, I think that's what we'll do. Sounds like cabs are plentiful and since we have 3 days in Barcelona prior to our cruise, there really is no rush to get to the hotel. We land at 9:00am, so we will be really early for check-in, anyway.

Suggest paying the taxi driver in cash or be very careful of the credit card amount charged. Our driver in Barcelona tried to charge us 330 Euros rather than 30 Euros from the airport to our hotel. It could have been a mistake but it seemed more like he was trying to rip off tired tourists. The charge was corrected before we left the taxi.

Suggest paying the taxi driver in cash or be very careful of the credit card amount charged. Our driver in Barcelona tried to charge us 330 Euros rather than 30 Euros from the airport to our hotel. It could have been a mistake but it seemed more like he was trying to rip off tired tourists. The charge was corrected before we left the taxi.

Wow......how awful! Thank goodness you were on the ball and he didn't get away with it. We were planning on using cash anyway, but I'm glad you shared this with us. I'd rather use cash as much as possible and not use our credit cards, unless necessary.

We booked our private pickup through Barcelona Day Tours and it is 59Euros for the 2 of us with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons down to Les Rambles where our hotel is. After flying all night I want to be able to just get in a car and go to our hotel. We paid ahead of time with our credit card with no problems. For tipping we were told that in Europe tipping is not a requirement like it is in Canada/U.S. Just round up and that is fine.

We booked our private pickup through Barcelona Day Tours and it is 59Euros for the 2 of us with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons down to Les Rambles where our hotel is. After flying all night I want to be able to just get in a car and go to our hotel. We paid ahead of time with our credit card with no problems. For tipping we were told that in Europe tipping is not a requirement like it is in Canada/U.S. Just round up and that is fine.

We've booked a group tour with Barcelona Day Tours for our second day in Barcelona! I had no idea they also did airport/hotel transfers. I know these people to be very professional and reliable. I might just change my mind and use them instead of a cab.

Thank you so much for this information....exactly what I needed!

I have a question. If you use a car service, how do you let them know you are ready to be picked up? My cell doesn't work in Europe and I really don't need it to. I know you tell them your flight number but surely they aren't waiting outside the whole time after your plane lands. It can take awhile to get luggage etc. Are they really there when you need them? Seems like a taxi would be easier.

I have a question. If you use a car service, how do you let them know you are ready to be picked up? My cell doesn't work in Europe and I really don't need it to. I know you tell them your flight number but surely they aren't waiting outside the whole time after your plane lands. It can take awhile to get luggage etc. Are they really there when you need them? Seems like a taxi would be easier.

I just this minute booked our airport/hotel transfer with Barcelona Day Tours for $59.00 Euro total. We have also booked them for a Barcelona tour for the following day. They came very highly recommended to us, so no worries.

Yes, they needed our flight number and airline and arrival time. He said that it takes approximately 1 hour to get through customs and retrieve luggage. They do monitor your flight for delays, etc. He guaranteed he would be waiting outside of customs with a sign. He also gave us a phone number to call in case of emergency. We are not taking our cell either, but he said that we can use any public phone in the airport to call. He said that they do airport transfers all the time and that their service is guaranteed.

I like the idea of just grabbing our luggage and having someone waiting to take us to their car. No worries about the fare and no waiting.

I just this minute booked our airport/hotel transfer with Barcelona Day Tours for $59.00 Euro total. We have also booked them for a Barcelona tour for the following day. They came very highly recommended to us, so no worries.

Yes, they needed our flight number and airline and arrival time. He said that it takes approximately 1 hour to get through customs and retrieve luggage. They do monitor your flight for delays, etc. He guaranteed he would be waiting outside of customs with a sign. He also gave us a phone number to call in case of emergency. We are not taking our cell either, but he said that we can use any public phone in the airport to call. He said that they do airport transfers all the time and that their service is guaranteed.

I like the idea of just grabbing our luggage and having someone waiting to take us to their car. No worries about the fare and no waiting.

Yes, thanks, sounds nice.

I am so glad I was of help to you. We to have a tour booked with them the next day also so I was pleased to see they do pickups to. I am the one usually asking the questions, not giving out the advice lol.

By any chance are you taking the cruise on the Oosterdam on the 4th? If so there is a roll call you could join and maybe get in on sharing some tours with other Oosterdam cruisers.

Edited by cormike1
spelling

I am so glad I was of help to you. We to have a tour booked with them the next day also so I was pleased to see they do pickups to. I am the one usually asking the questions, not giving out the advice lol.

By any chance are you taking the cruise on the Oosterdam on the 4th? If so there is a roll call you could join and maybe get in on sharing some tours with other Oosterdam cruisers.

We're on the Oosterdam sailing April 29-May 11/2017 Western Med - Barcelona/Venice! Again, thanks so much for posting your info. I'm really happy to not be worrying about racing through an airport with luggage and trying to find a cab. Jet lag will be bad enough! Have a wonderful cruise!

In Barcelona the private transfer drivers are using waiting inside the terminal after you get your luggage holding a sign with your name. They will grab your luggage cart and lead you to the car. Very convenient.