Concierge Class vs. Regular Veranda Room on Eclipse

sammygeorge

We're in the process of booking a cruise on Eclipse next summer. We really wanted a Sky Suite but the only ones available are on Deck 12, under the buffet and I don't want the noise.

So we're looking at regular veranda rooms. Hubby asked me if we should consider a Concierge Class room but I can't find information about the difference in the 2 types of rooms. What are the advantages?

Thanks!

The rooms are the same size

Concierge Class has an embarkation day lunch

Concierge Class has afternoon canapés

concierge Class gives extra Captains Club points

Look on the Celebrity website for other features of each.

I would not book one on an S class ship, but might on an M class because the rooms are slightly larger than standard verandas.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

We usually book Concierge class. Not because that is the only cabin category we like, in fact, we usually start looking at regular veranda cabins. But, by the time I pick a cabin on a floor I like and a location on the ship, it is usually just a little bit less than concierge class. We the perks are worth the small increase in price.

Some of the perks we like are the priority embarkation, embarkation lunch in the MDR, Champagne in our cabin on embarkation day, daily fruit, daily afternoon savories (we ask for a cheese plate because of food allergies) just to name a few.

You have to decide for yourself if you think those things are worth it or not. Either way, you will have a great trip. :)

We usually book Concierge class. Not because that is the only cabin category we like, in fact, we usually start looking at regular veranda cabins. But, by the time I pick a cabin on a floor I like and a location on the ship, it is usually just a little bit less than concierge class. We the perks are worth the small increase in price.

Some of the perks we like are the priority embarkation, embarkation lunch in the MDR, Champagne in our cabin on embarkation day, daily fruit, daily afternoon savories (we ask for a cheese plate because of food allergies) just to name a few.

You have to decide for yourself if you think those things are worth it or not. Either way, you will have a great trip. :)

Just so others know, priority embarkation is just a separate line, very often the regular lines are shorter.

We have booked Concierge class simply because of the 123 Go perks offered in the past. Not sure if we would book it the future. Cost will be the determining factor. Are the few extras worth it? Only you can decide.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Until recent Summit cruise, I would not have had anything to add to the previous posts. However there were some additional benefits to concierge class on this cruise. Our concierge Ann had desk hours on our deck, deck 8. She helped me with plans for two of our three days in Bermuda. She told me that X is working on enhancing the concierge class experience. She arranged two special events for CC: a private destination talk and a cocktail party on the helipad. The canapes were much improved from when we'd been CC or Aqua before and you did not have to order them daily.

I'd still weigh the cost, location, and points when choosing between regular balcony and CC..but this CC experience was a very good one.