Complimentary meal @ Sabatini's-can you swap it for the Crab Shack?

CMM

We have a complementary specialty meal given to us by Princess because there were problems with our billing for the Alaskan cruise we have booked on the Star next month. My travel agent said it was for Sabatini's. I read on these boards that other have been able to swap these for the Crown Grill.

Is it possible to use this for the Crab Shack????

We've dined in the past @ Sabatini's and it just wasn't our thing & we really enjoyed the Crown Grill, but I never had the opportunity to try the Crab Shack.

I think they are all valued the same. Anyone every done this?

On our last cruise we had a problem which was quickly resolved. Princess offered us a specialty meal of our choosing as a good will gesture. It was near the end of the cruise, and frankly we were tired of eating. I asked if we could have the value of the meal in OBC. They very happily gave us $50 in OBC. I feel almost certain they'll let you exchange Sabatini's for Crab Shack. :)

I almost asked my TA at the time, but there was so much confusion over my billing it seemed petty then.

Thanks for all the posts. I will give a switch a try.

Would I go to Sabatini's or the sign up place (wherever that is) for the Crab shack, or would I go to the customer service area?

Edited by CMM

Why would they not swap:

Crab Shack charge is $20 pp

Sabatini's/CrownGrill are $29 pp

Call the DINE line after boarding, there is no crab shack sign up place. You should have the chit for Specialty Dining in your cabin. If not see the dreaded passenger services desk.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

When I was at the university, I was a Burger King Night Manager! We use to swap Whoppers for Chinese Food across the street. When the waiter takes your order see if you can swap with an order from the Crab Shack! You never know until you ask!

When I was at the university, I was a Burger King Night Manager! We use to swap Whoppers for Chinese Food across the street. When the waiter takes your order see if you can swap with an order from the Crab Shack! You never know until you ask!

Does not work that way.

If this is the free first night suite specialty dinner I know for sure you can swap for the Crown, but if they say has to be used first night there's no crab shack first night, that is the only problem I can see with swapping. If its open to any night shouldn't be a problem as we have swapped for share which is more money.

On our Ruby Alaska cruise in May we had no problem swapping our free Crab Shack dinner for the Crown Grill. We did that on the Royal TA last fall, too. You should do it as early in the cruise as possible because the premium dining rooms often book up for the "prime" dining times.

Edited by FritzG