No more complimentary soft serve ice cream on the 'Australian based' Princess ships?

NSWP

On one of Gaz'n Jo's blogs re the Pacific Circle 75 days current cruise on Sun Princess they indicated complimentary soft serve ice cream is no longer available 'up top' on Sun Princess. How about on Sea Princess? If true, it is a travesty of justice as my enquiries reveal is it still served complimentary up top in 'Scoops' ice cream bar on the 'American Princess ships. !!

What say ye? There will have to be a soft serve revolution. We need to have our daily fix of soft serve ice cream.

Edited by NSWP

On one of Gaz'n Jo's blogs re the Pacific Circle 75 days current cruise on Sun Princess they indicated complimentary soft serve ice cream is no longer available 'up top' on Sun Princess. How about on Sea Princess? If true, it is a travesty of justice as my enquiries reveal is it still served complimentary up top in 'Scoops' ice cream bar on the 'American Princess ships. !!

What say ye? There will have to be a soft serve revolution. We need to have our daily fix of soft serve ice cream.

Its true, I have been on Sun, Sea and Dawn in the past two years and 'Scoops' has been converted to New Zealand Natural icecreamery (for fee). I didnt see free soft serve anywhere onboard.

Its true, I have been on Sun, Sea and Dawn in the past two years and 'Scoops' has been converted to New Zealand Natural icecreamery (for fee). I didnt see free soft serve anywhere onboard.

International Discrimination !!! We have been short changed again !! No ice cream, no Elite Lounge.

Edited by NSWP

Soft serve was on Sun last January. Pacific Eden has NZ ice creamery, mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy. Even if I had to payfor it. K

I expect you can blame my children for this decision.

Their icecream consumption on the Sun Princess in April would have given the bean counters a panic attack.

Nope or they'd have stopped the soft drink card after my first cruise.

Been that way for a year - see

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2254471 for earlier reports.

The venue onboard the Sun+ has been replaced by a paid for outlet. Similarly pizzeria is gone. A number of changes.

Nope, see my post above, the free soft serve was definitely on the Sun in April just gone. The ship went into drydock straight after our cruise, maybe they changed it over then.

-

Have always wondered what are the main ingredients in soft serve ice cream.

It upsets my stomach, and I have a stomach made of steel. My adult daughter says that it is just in my mind that I can not eat soft serve ice cream.

Any thoughts about it. Thanks in advance.

-

-

Have always wondered what are the main ingredients in soft serve ice cream.

It upsets my stomach, and I have a stomach made of steel. My adult daughter says that it is just in my mind that I can not eat soft serve ice cream.

Any thoughts about it. Thanks in advance.

-

This Wikipedia page will give you a good run down

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_serve

as also disappointed that the free ice cream stopped But on P&O recently the $5 serving of ONE scoop was so large that it took me 3/4 hour to eat it It was superb I treated myself to just one which must be better for the waistline;);):rolleyes:

On the Diamond and I understand still on the Golden they have Scoops, so maybe it's still on the ships that are only here part of the year. Personally I would rather pay for really good ice cream than pig out on soft serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Diamond and I understand still on the Golden they have Scoops, so maybe it's still on the ships that are only here part of the year. Personally I would rather pay for really good ice cream than pig out on soft serve.

You may be right, just affecting the Princess Australia ships.

Nope, see my post above, the free soft serve was definitely on the Sun in April just gone. The ship went into drydock straight after our cruise, maybe they changed it over then.

When they refurb/change, it's not done simultaneously. Sun was the last to lose it, in the refurb. It was long gone when I sailed her in June.

Sun Princess losses 'Scoops' ice cream bar after her dry dock in April 2016.

I guess you did not see my photos from the Sun Princess ;)

All of P&O Australia ships have NZ Ice Cream bars on them as well.

You can still get free ice cream in the dinning room :)

International Discrimination !!! We have been short changed again !! No ice cream, no Elite Lounge.

The Diamond Princess, (I think Golden Princess) and the Emerald Princess should have the Elite Lounge.

Will let you know about the Emerald Princess, during our cruise :)