Loyalty Desk? What exactly is it?

I understand the Loyalty Desk is for enrolling C&A and current C&A travellers, but what exactly service does it provide that would be any different than Guest Services? I looked on RCI's website but couldn't find clarification.

They also handle issues with the loyalty program that Guest Services would not handle, such as not getting amenties, correct C&A level, milestone distribution, behind the scenes tours, meal with an officer, Painacle maintenance, etc.

Edited by clarea

I understand the Loyalty Desk is for enrolling C&A and current C&A travellers, but what exactly service does it provide that would be any different than Guest Services? I looked on RCI's website but couldn't find clarification.

At times they can provide the same services as Guest Service without the line.:)

Not sure but our son was showered with colouring books, crayons, key rings etc every time we walked past the desk on our last cruise.

Made a good impression [emoji846] ....... the loyalty ambassador wasn't interested in mum and dad though [emoji20][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone. I never had a reason to visit and I thought it would be nice to know in case I should find myself in need of assistance, exactly where I should go (in case I could skip the mega lines at Guest Services!).

They also handle issues with the loyalty program that Guest Services would not handle, such as not getting amenties, correct C&A level, milestone distribution, behind the scenes tours, meal with an officer, Painacle maintenance, etc.

You are SO bad! ;) :D

On my last cruise I found an empty desk the first 3 or 4 times I showed up to try to get my crystal block. The Loyalty Ambassador was also on the Compass schedule to be in the Concierge Lounge, but she never showed up there either! Made a super poor impression on me, but I did finally get the block. What really surprised me was the "ambassador" was MIA on a cruise with lots of pinnacles - top cruiser had 2100+ points.

I would never try to argue with Bob, but did they separate the Next Cruise Desk and Loyalty Ambassador on all ships? I remember it was one place on Jewel in 2012 and 2014, but when I went on Freedom in 2015 those two were separated.

On Oasis, we used the Loyalty Ambassador for fixing my wife's status and making her card work in the Diamond Club.

I would never try to argue with Bob, but did they separate the Next Cruise Desk and Loyalty Ambassador on all ships? I remember it was one place on Jewel in 2012 and 2014, but when I went on Freedom in 2015 those two were separated.

On Oasis, we used the Loyalty Ambassador for fixing my wife's status and making her card work in the Diamond Club.

Yes, the Next Cruise and Loyalty Ambassador jobs were separated not that long ago, maybe a year?

Yes, the Next Cruise and Loyalty Ambassador jobs were separated not that long ago, maybe a year?

Glad I read this. We are planning to do an onboard booking and have not sailed since the change. Good to know!

I understand the Loyalty Desk is for enrolling C&A and current C&A travelers, but what exactly service does it provide that would be any different than Guest Services? I looked on RCI's website but couldn't find clarification.

Frequent cruisers may have a general idea of how a Loyalty Ambassador can help Crown & Anchor members. We have never seen a publicized brochure explaining some top key points of how they may assist you.

Besides publishing hours in the Compass and on an easel on their desk, they should also list some key items that they cover......

Generally, Loyal Ambassadors are also present at Royal events held throughout the sailing...

We mainly use the Loyalty Ambassador to find out why we did not receive our amenities, when we know our like tier Crown & member received their amenities next door... Depending on the amenity type, they are not always handled by the same department. Its hard trying to keep up with what dept is....

Presumably customer retention..to make you feel special

Frequent cruisers may have a general idea of how a Loyalty Ambassador can help Crown & Anchor members. We have never seen a publicized brochure explaining some top key points of how they may assist you.

Besides publishing hours in the Compass and on an easel on their desk, they should also list some key items that they cover......

Generally, Loyal Ambassadors are also present at Royal events held throughout the sailing...

It keeps the line short. ;)

Edited by Big_G

We asked Diamond concierge if we should contact Loyal Ambassador since we hadn't received Diamond pins. He said "Don't bother, he would just send you back to me" and gave us the pins. That had me thinking if Loyalty Ambassador and diamond & suite lounge concierges actually have some similarities in their job description; to help passengers, but depending on their "loyalty level".

You are SO bad! ;) :D

Painacle maintenance! Ha!

We visited the Loyalty Ambassador on our last cruise on FOS. We became Diamond on the first week of a B2B, and she went into the system and changed our status, then stickered our cards with the correct status.

(I didn't know they could also arrange bridge tours. We'd like one on Harmony.)

Edited by jules815

Painacle maintenance! Ha!

(I didn't know they could also arrange bridge tours. We'd like one on Harmony.)

Bridge and Galley tours are usually just offered to D+ and PC members by the Loyalty Ambassador. Back Stage tour is offered to D and D+/PC.

Can a lowly Gold Club member use the Loyalty Desk if there's a long line up at the regular Guest Services counter? Or is it only for those higher up the membership food-chain, lol?

They can use the Loyalty Desk for loyalty type requests.

• 4 weeks later...

On our last cruise I took advantage of the Diamond plus benefit of not having to stand in the guest services line for any and all questions or requests and going straight to the LA, he did more for me than any Concierge has ever done.

I always tip the Concierge and was wondering if it is customary to tip the LA?

Of course it is too late now but, I'm going to leave a glowing review for him on the survey!

Thanks!