So the Once Free Fish and Chips on the Conquest are now $6.

Je Souhaite

I am so glad this option is available. I would rather have better quality. When carnival charges for something the quality goes way up and these items are so much more on land. I am assuming they will be very good quality as every other item I have paid for has been excellent but I haven't tried it yet. The free fish was just ok. I don't spend money on drinks on a cruise but we love to eat so I am excited for the better quality choices. There will still be free food though if I have a budget pinch so all is good.

This is how they get away with all the cutbacks and charge for things that used to be included. But hey Carnival is cheap to cruise right??

The free fish and chips had a very limited menu and never carried the majority of these items. This is a new venue. Which I won't be trying.

I will just sadly miss my bouillabaisse. :(

Welcome to the new way to Cruising We will never return to what it was. Still somewhat of a value . I think it is time to look for alternatives or move up to a cruise line that resemble what a cruise should be.

Are there still "free" aka "included in your fare" burgers on a RC ship?

There are mystery meat "patties" that float in a vat of grease most of the day in the Windjammer if you want to call that a burger :) They are NASTY! :o:eek:

Johnny Rockets use to be included on RC. Then it went to 3.95, then 4.95, then 5.95 and now I understand its 6.95. Guys blows JRs away. JRs on a cruise ship is a fun atmosphere for one time but I dont need dancing and singing waiters that bring me my food :) Our waiter gave us free soda though which was not supposed to be included. I tipped him nicely at the end

Edited by ryano

There are mystery meat "patties" that float in a vat of grease most of the day in the Windjammer if you want to call that a burger :) They are NASTY! :o:eek:

Johnny Rockets use to be included on RC. Then it went to 3.95, then 4.95, then 5.95 and now I understand its 6.95. Guys blows JRs away. JRs on a cruise ship is a fun atmosphere for one time but I dont need dancing and singing waiters that bring me my food :) Our waiter gave us free soda though which was not supposed to be included. I tipped him nicely at the end

True enough on the "meat patties". My wife took one look at them in the Wind Jammer on Oasis and said "pass".

I was looking at a youtube video of a Princess buffet. It included lobster, crab several ways, escargot, mussels. All kinds of goodies.

I remember an extra charge seafood dinner on Princess that usually occupies part of Lido - Crab Shack.

This is how they get away with all the cutbacks and charge for things that used to be included. But hey Carnival is cheap to cruise right??

You can try to be smirky but I am sailing in a roomy porthole for 7 days with all my grats and insurance paid for less than 1300. I will eat at the chefs table and the steakhouse. I love higher quality food. If they can't give that away and still have a growing thriving business without raising tickets then charge some for a few upgrades but keep the free too because sometimes I can't spend extra. They still have just as many free places. They didn't take any away they just replaced with bbq. I sail out of Galveston and it is the least expensive. Carnival ships are beautiful, the free food is mostly good and sometimes great, the staff is gracious, and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

You can get burgers, good ones, in the MDR at lunch also.

But yes, Johnny Rockets is not worth paying for and there is no quick/counter service outdoor burger/hotdog/chicken sandwich type grill on RC and there should be.

You can get burgers, good ones, in the MDR at lunch also.

But yes, Johnny Rockets is not worth paying for and there is no quick/counter service outdoor burger/hotdog/chicken sandwich type grill on RC and there should be.

Been a few years since we sailed on RC and ate at Johnny Rockets but remember the rings and fries were awesome

Hi guys,

I haven't had time to read the entire thread, so apologies if anyone has already shared this info, but I contacted Carnival's PR folks, and here's what I was told:

Fish 'n' Chips (the eatery) has been replaced with a free BBQ restaurant (not Pig & Anchor).

A new for-fee venue, Seafood Corner, has been added to the ship. While Seafood Corner does sell fish 'n' chips for $6, free fish 'n' chips will still be offered in the lido buffet line on select days.

When I asked if this would be happening on other ships, I was told that, for now, it's a pilot program on Conquest only.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi guys,

I haven't had time to read the entire thread, so apologies if anyone has already shared this info, but I contacted Carnival's PR folks, and here's what I was told:

Fish 'n' Chips (the eatery) has been replaced with a free BBQ restaurant (not Pig & Anchor).

A new for-fee venue, Seafood Corner, has been added to the ship. While Seafood Corner does sell fish 'n' chips for $6, free fish 'n' chips will still be offered in the lido buffet line on select days.

When I asked if this would be happening on other ships, I was told that, for now, it's a pilot program on Conquest only.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone

...in the "SEAFOOD CORNER"

New England Clam Chowder in Bread Bowl....... $4

Lobster Roll................................................... $12

Lobster BLT.................................................... $12

Crab Cake Sliders............................................$8

Fish and Chips................................................$6

Fried Seafood Platter......................................$10

(Fish, Shrimp, Clams, Calamari and Fries)

Buckets

Fried Buffalo Shrimp........................................$6

Fried Clam Strips............................................. $5

Fried Shrimp & Clam Strip Combo...................$6

Market

Steamed Lobster by the Pound.......................MP

Snow Crab by Pound......................................MP

Steamed Peel & Eat Shrimp by the Pound.......MP

*Raw Oyster by the each.................................MP

MP= Market Price

Gosh, seems they don't have FRIED oysters! :(

Johnny Rockets use to be included on RC.

Really? I missed that. Our experience was on the first ever sailing of the Freedom of the Seas and we paid the fee. Do you remember when it went in place?

Edited by BallFour4

Really? I missed that. Our experience was on the first ever sailing of the Freedom of the Seas and we paid the fee. Do you remember when it went in place?

It was free from the inception of Voyager class until maybe around 2004 roughly; before Freedom class.