Soda Machines for Beverage Package

secrui

My wife and I bought a beverage package for an upcoming cruise on ALLURE. The package contains soda and apparently, a COCA COLA cup will be in the cabin upon arrival. I remember reading, that cans of soda are not included in the package, but that one can use the cup at a self service machine that is activated by an embedded chip in the cup.

Two questions:

1. Where is (are) the soda machine(s) located?

2. Where else on the ship can you get soda for the cup?

Thank you!

Besides the Royal Promenade, soda machines are located in the Windjammer and Wipeout Cafe.

You can get soda at any bar or restaurant, though the choices will be around 6 different flavors as opposed to over 100 at the Freestyle machines.

The machine in the Promenade is next to the pizza place. There is a chip in the cup that tells the machine you are valid and will turn the machine on.

Your sail pass card will have a coca-cola label printed on it, you can show it to any bar or wait staff and they will bring you soda. The staff in the MDR will ask to see your card first night and then bring you soda at dinner each night if you wish.

The soda package is for fountain drinks only, not cans, and especially not from the mini bar. We were on a cruise with someone who drank everything in the mini bar because she had the soda package, was an ugly wake up for her.

My wife and I bought a beverage package for an upcoming cruise on ALLURE. The package contains soda and apparently, a COCA COLA cup will be in the cabin upon arrival. I remember reading, that cans of soda are not included in the package, but that one can use the cup at a self service machine that is activated by an embedded chip in the cup.

Two questions:

1. Where is (are) the soda machine(s) located?

2. Where else on the ship can you get soda for the cup?

Thank you!

Haven't sailed Allure, but on Oasis, a sister ship, there were two machines outside Sorrentos on the Royal Promenade, machines at the entrance to either side of the Windjammer and on machine in the arcade on the pool deck. There were not any machines in the Wipeout Cafe on Oasis. Allure should be similar.

We have those machines in a bunch of fast food restaurants on Long Island and I love them. Does anyone know if they are available on anthem?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are great for the variety of drinks they offer, but that is also their downfall. We have them in a couple of fast food restaurants. The most machines I've seen in any restaurant is two of them. There's usually a line as people who've never used them, try to figure them out, and them browse through the 12 cola selections, 8 lemonade selections, etc. Give me the old-fashioned dispenser with maybe 5 or 6 choices; much faster.

Besides the Royal Promenade, soda machines are located in the Windjammer and Wipeout Cafe.

You can get soda at any bar or restaurant, though the choices will be around 6 different flavors as opposed to over 100 at the Freestyle machines.

Not that it matters that much to me with no anticipated return to Allure for at least 3 years, I wonder if that machine is still in the Wipeout on Allure. Oasis had two softserve machines in there and no Freestyle.

To me these machines are an initial novelty the drinks really don't taste that nice

If its been awhile since you tried them, try it again. Here in Columbus the first generation machines had a problem where you could get a small amount of the previous customer's combo in your drink and with gen 2 they fixed that. Otherwise if you aren't in too adding some particular flavor the sheer variety of basic flavors is impressive.

Not that it matters that much to me with no anticipated return to Allure for at least 3 years, I wonder if that machine is still in the Wipeout on Allure. Oasis had two softserve machines in there and no Freestyle.

So there is no Freestyle machine on the pool deck on Oasis?

They are great for the variety of drinks they offer, but that is also their downfall. We have them in a couple of fast food restaurants. The most machines I've seen in any restaurant is two of them. There's usually a line as people who've never used them, try to figure them out, and them browse through the 12 cola selections, 8 lemonade selections, etc. Give me the old-fashioned dispenser with maybe 5 or 6 choices; much faster.

That is fading as they are becoming more common. Coke has also updated the software to make it more intuitive. Though sometimes you can't fix stupid. I once stood behind someone with a Michigan Wolverines shirt on. He put up his cup and it said, "Refill not available for 1 minute 15 seconds" I thought he would step aside and wait, but he kept trying to get a refill every 10 seconds or so. I tried to engage him in conversation do he would know I was there. Didn't help and I was enjoying the spectacle so I didn't say anything

Haven't sailed Allure, but on Oasis, a sister ship, there were two machines outside Sorrentos on the Royal Promenade, machines at the entrance to either side of the Windjammer and on machine in the arcade on the pool deck. There were not any machines in the Wipeout Cafe on Oasis. Allure should be similar.

Boy, its been almost 4 months, so I have to stop and think! I believe put on a shirt , pool shoes and went into the WJ from the pool deck. I can only remember 4 in the WJ, 2 at Sorrentos. I don't go into Adventure Ocean.

Allure had a freestyle soda machine in the Wipeout Café on our May cruise.

It is odd that Oasis and Allure would be different for the Wipeout Café.

Oasis has two soft serve machines in the space where some have seen the freestyle machine on Allure. There is a machine just inside the arcade, near the door from the elevator lobby that leads out to the pool deck.

That is what I thought. But without any specific knowledge of why, I have seen were individual ships do things "there own way" Did Oasis ever have one in Wipeout? I went on Allure twice before trying Oasis. In case it wasn't clear Oasis has two soft serve machines in that spot.