free gratuties are in next promo!!! wow

luckyinpa

Im still holding out for the 3rd - 8th guest free sale. I still haven't seen that one this year....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Same! Gave up on waiting and booked a future cruise with Carnival.

The price for our next cruise went up by a fair amount a few weeks ago. Now free gratuities offers no real savings.

The price for our next cruise went up by a fair amount a few weeks ago. Now free gratuities offers no real savings.

I'm in the same boat. Even if the DSC for all 4 guests in the stateroom is waived, there's no real savings for me since the price has jumped from booking to now.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I'm in the same boat. Even if the DSC for all 4 guests in the stateroom is waived, there's no real savings for me since the price has jumped from booking to now.

Some people are influenced with "free and sale" that is why NCL is always playing around with it.

Nothing is really "free" it is somehow /somewhere built into the fare.

Hmmm... At first glance this sounded like a good deal, if it's true. If we got this as our promo and bought and equivalent sdp we would save $36 pp... However, the prices on our two rooms are way up, $100 pp on the interior and $600 pp on the balcony. Not sure if it's worth the risk of switching promos at the danger of getting re-priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's not a "danger" of being repriced. You will definitely be repriced if you want the new promos.

i put a hold on it. but would they honor todays prices and tomorrows perks?

also regarding other posts above: my room has stayed the same price for 6 months. it has not moved. i check every single day

so a bump of 200 bucks would be very noticeable for me.

also regarding the booking it has to be done thru phone call as id need other reservation canceled without penalty and then new haven booked.

I think you would need to decide between the 2 prices. Whichever is best for you just grab it

FYI. When you check pricing for the perks just don't log into your ncl acct. because your hold will show up there so just do it as a shadow booking

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same! Gave up on waiting and booked a future cruise with Carnival.

How many people were you intending to have in a cabin?

I'm just curious, since guests 3 & 4 free (which is happening right now, and has been for a while) covers the vast majority of the cabins on the ship. Very few hold 5 to 8 people, which is what would require the other promo that was mentioned.

I think you would need to decide between the 2 prices. Whichever is best for you just grab it

FYI. When you check pricing for the perks just don't log into your ncl acct. because your hold will show up there so just do it as a shadow booking

i've done this at least once a day since feb to check out the total prices. i'm way to familiar with the booking screens and even noticed at one time if you wanted free internet you had to call in. unsure why that was. but the spa rooms have been constant pricing for 6 months. i hope tomorrow is not a day for increases. i also know the other haven prices by heart by now and the daily inventory of rooms. sad i know

How many people were you intending to have in a cabin?

I'm just curious, since guests 3 & 4 free (which is happening right now, and has been for a while) covers the vast majority of the cabins on the ship. Very few hold 5 to 8 people, which is what would require the other promo that was mentioned.

We are a family of 5 and normally book the 2 bedroom family suite.

i've done this at least once a day since feb to check out the total prices. i'm way to familiar with the booking screens and even noticed at one time if you wanted free internet you had to call in. unsure why that was. but the spa rooms have been constant pricing for 6 months. i hope tomorrow is not a day for increases. i also know the other haven prices by heart by now and the daily inventory of rooms. sad i know

I hope you are also familiar with the "rules" as you are within final payment/cancellation period. I'm pretty sure you are not automatically entitled to new perks.

I hope you are also familiar with the "rules" as you are within final payment/cancellation period. I'm pretty sure you are not automatically entitled to new perks.

i told her to check and recheck. she said yes. she had my reservation up and of course if i do book id never get off the phone until had email confirmation of all and taht there are no penalties.

i'm assuming id get back the 24 SDP charge i already paid as well. i hope.

i put a hold on it. but would they honor todays prices and tomorrows perks?

also regarding other posts above: my room has stayed the same price for 6 months. it has not moved. i check every single day

so a bump of 200 bucks would be very noticeable for me.

also regarding the booking it has to be done thru phone call as id need other reservation canceled without penalty and then new haven booked.

I hope you get that spa suite! I also cannot wait to read your review when you get back. Let's us know how it works out tomorrow!

NCL's website is now showing the change to Pre-Paid Service Charges. Just copied this from their homepage:

CHOOSE UP TO 5 FREE OFFERS

1. Unlimited Open Bar

2. Specialty Dining

3. Pre-Paid Service Charges

4. WiFi

5. Family & Friends Sail Free

Oceanview and Above Choose 2 or More

Couldn't book...the website browser kept saying, please wait....:mad:

then nothing..:mad:

doesn't the free stuff end today? :(

The change is that the Shore Excursion Credit promo choice is being dropped and Pre-Paid Gratuities are being added as a promo choice. Terms and conditions haven't nene updated yet but last time it applied to guests 1 and 2.

I've got three cruises booked, all before final payment. Just checked the prices. No price change at all and the new promo is now being shown for each. Will check about converting all three to the new offer.

Edited by roger001

The trip/cabin I'm looking at had no price change. We probably would only have used one $50 excursion credit, so the DSC being included benefits us by almost $170. I'm glad the new deal runs through 9/18 -- no need to make a decision about this until we return from our trip that starts in 19 days!

The trip/cabin I'm looking at had no price change. We probably would only have used one $50 excursion credit, so the DSC being included benefits us by almost $170. I'm glad the new deal runs through 9/18 -- no need to make a decision about this until we return from our trip that starts in 19 days!

The deal may run until 9/18 but that doesn't guarantee that the price of the cruise won't go up

I hope you get that spa suite! I also cannot wait to read your review when you get back. Let's us know how it works out tomorrow!

thanks for your well wishes.

CONFIRMED!!! i have it recorded about the perks today (including free service charges) and the online account shows the perks added and under service charges it says not available where 217 would be. i saw this change in front of my eyes when i refreshed.

they are very slow with the computers and i havent gotten email yet but since my account was updated and i have screenshots and all calls are recorded i feel confident my choices are permanent.

releasing the room and booking under my old reservation number took them a few minutes but they did it.

also i'm a spreadsheet nut and the math just worked out. i hadnt factored in spa pass in my room. the haven spa is 5400. my old MA was 2800. however, you must had 400 for the spa passes we were going to buy and then 200 for service charges. this means true cash outlay of 3400ish. which means the haven spa is only 2000 additionally. since this is our one and only cruise and i've been working a lot of OT, i felt it was worth it and I"m very happy I'm in the spa room.

also no spa rooms were even there this morning so i'm glad i put a hold on it. for some reason the week after me there are 10 available. unsure why this week is so popular. also from reading on this forum i realized the best i could do is 500 PP for an upsell and it was worth 1000 PP to have my guaranteed cabin. i value the spa passes and even if i got one of the 2B for 1000 bucks, id be out 400 for spa passes still.

Now can i stop looking at spa room and courtyard videos to justify the expense and figure out what to do in bermuda. that part is overwhelming still.

It sounds like you've already made the decision. If it were me, I'd take the 10 minutes now to make the phone call, just in case the price changes.

If I booked a complimentary stateroom through CAS and chose SDP would I be able to change my "choice" even if we are two months from sailing?

No I was not able to change promos for someone that cruises next month but CAS changed 4 others outside of final payment saving over $1100.00 today. I had to give up Internet on the 2 week cruise but well worth it as the DSC was 378 per room. The other was the useless shore credit that no one wanted anyway.