free gratuties are in next promo!!! wow

luckyinpa

We remember those days fondly as well! But now handle it by leaving the DSC charges on our account and going to the purser's desk to add additional gratuities to those that have taken care of us on our cruise. Each of these crew members receives a printout of what you have given them as it shows directly on their accounts.

I know this is how it works as I just did this 6 days ago and asked two of the five crew members that I had given "extra" to how much their account indicated that we had given them and the amounts matched.

Why not just hand them cash?

Steward at the end of week

Waiter/bartender upon service

Just wondering

Btw who were the 5 you gave extra to? I just give extra to my steward

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Why not just hand them cash?

There are a couple of reasons you might want to give them extra gratuity via the service desk:

1) you can use non-refundable OBC for extra gratuities and, more importantly,

2) NCL knows the person was given an extra gratuity and is an employee valued by the customer.

#2 helps them keep their jobs, and gives them money. That's a good thing.

(I have to put in a disclaimer about #1; I don't know if you can STILL use non-refundable OBC for extra gratuities. It was possible in the past if not today).

Do you think there is a way they will put in a gratuity charge on the gratuity promo . :D:eek:

Im still holding out for the 3rd - 8th guest free sale. I still haven't seen that one this year....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Are there suites that can accommodate up to 8 ?

sorry if this was posted elsewhere but i called to find out if i get haven perks if i upgrade and pay full fare.

she said tomorrow they are getting rid of shore credits and doing the free gratuities.

this is a pretty good deal if you ask me . so now i need to run the spreadsheet to see about doing that upgrade to the spa room i always wanted. :eek:

got it changed from sdp to free grats for my thanksgiving cruise.

too bad my Halloween cruise is within penalty phase. :(

I think this promo is what people like the most at least is been my experience. :D

yes, free grats is the best promo out of the 5 they currently offer.

but back when it was UDP (unlimited dining package), i think that was better.

i had appetizers at moderno, dinner at le bistro, and dessert at Cagney's all the same night! :D

(I have to put in a disclaimer about #1; I don't know if you can STILL use non-refundable OBC for extra gratuities. It was possible in the past if not today).

We were able to do this on our cruise in November and plan to do it again in October. Our experience has been that the first person we speak with at the front desk says it isn't allowed and then when we ask them to clarify the policy with their supervisor, it is gladly done.

Excursion credit is still a good deal for me. Credit of up to $200 and my svc charge is $95. If I had a second passenger svc charge is $10 less crefit, but would take away push to book excursions at all 4 ports.

One of our booked cruises is in penalty phase but we already have Pre-Paid Grats, UBP, UDP and $300 OBC for it from when the promo was offered in 2015. I was able to switch two other cruises from SDP-3 and UBP to UBP and Pre-Paid Grats and another in a suite to the new promos including the Pre-Paid Grats plus everything else too! Got it all done on the first day of the new promos plus booked two of our sons in an OOV on the Jade with us too! No price changes on any of them.

Got lucky staying in the Haven H3 next October. I called today and the price is the same so I was able to get the new promo. I was on the phone for less than 5 minutes.

We won't use the excursion credit since we will stay on the ship in Florida, then GSC and we are getting a resort for a day pass in Bahamas. So good deal for us.

The prices fluctuate up and down all the time! Your "they better not" statement is the only thing absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed its called dynamic pricing and used industry wide.

However do they build a higher cost for promos - I do not know