free gratuties are in next promo!!! wow

luckyinpa

sorry if this was posted elsewhere but i called to find out if i get haven perks if i upgrade and pay full fare.

she said tomorrow they are getting rid of shore credits and doing the free gratuities.

this is a pretty good deal if you ask me . so now i need to run the spreadsheet to see about doing that upgrade to the spa room i always wanted. :eek:

Thanks so much for this thread! I booked the Escape Haven for next July while onboard the Breakaway this week and will check this all out tomorrow! I only care about the Dining and Alcohol package and we would have not used the excursion $50. Thanks.

Thanks so much for this thread! I booked the Escape Haven for next July while onboard the Breakaway this week and will check this all out tomorrow! I only care about the Dining and Alcohol package and we would have not used the excursion $50. Thanks.

Usually, the included DSC is for the first 2 guests. If that is true, it's about a $217 difference for me (family of 4).

Last year, all 4 were included and I saved double that amount ($15.50 x 4 x 7).

They ran the free service charges this time last year. It's the best promo for some (like us).

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

My favorite promo! Hope they keep it running for awhile so we can figure out some more cruises to book:cool:

You have to watch for price increase at same time.

I booked a short cruise less than 2 weeks. Two days ago, the cheap inside I booked jumped $80. pp which was about 20%. DSC is far less and got 3 meal SDP. But, for our upcoming 13 day TA that I booked a year ago, it's a great promo. At that time, only one promo was offered for all non-suite bookings.

do new perks start right t 1201 am if you call in.. are they open 24/7?

The NCL website is open 24/7 unless you get the OOP's page and they are doing maintenance !

Watch the booking TIME - NCL is on Miami time EDT.

Doing a complicated booking may require a personal transaction with an agent to avoid the website from overlooking a specific promo that has caught your eye !

Working through you own TA may be a better deal making sure the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" crossed and hint even more OBC or bonuses !

The NCL website is open 24/7 unless you get the OOP's page and they are doing maintenance !

Watch the booking TIME - NCL is on Miami time EDT.

Doing a complicated booking may require a personal transaction with an agent to avoid the website from overlooking a specific promo that has caught your eye !

Working through you own TA may be a better deal making sure the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" crossed and hint even more OBC or bonuses !

Nonsense.

I'd trust my own eyes, ability to read the T&Cs, and the booking engine on the website before I'd ever trust what an NCL phone rep says. They are notoriously stupid. TAs can be equally inept and lack any customer service beyond what the computer (and you) can do on its own.

Bottom line is only you looks out for you. One may choose to use a TA or an NCL PCC, but that doesn't mean one should just blindly follow them into the dark.

Edited by triptolemus

well i know all the prices by heart so they better not increase..or else...that would be so absurdly unfair to do that.

The prices fluctuate up and down all the time! Your "they better not" statement is the only thing absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hmmm... At first glance this sounded like a good deal, if it's true. If we got this as our promo and bought and equivalent sdp we would save $36 pp... However, the prices on our two rooms are way up, $100 pp on the interior and $600 pp on the balcony. Not sure if it's worth the risk of switching promos at the danger of getting re-priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

well i know all the prices by heart so they better not increase..or else...that would be so absurdly unfair to do that.

You can pretty much count on them to go up the amount of the gratuities. There is no such thing as a free ride. It most certainly is fair. NCL needs to stop all of this promo junk and leave the prices alone.

You can pretty much count on them to go up the amount of the gratuities. There is no such thing as a free ride. It most certainly is fair. NCL needs to stop all of this promo junk and leave the prices alone.

Whether savvy consumers like it or not, retailers have trained Americans to value a "deal" more than regular low prices.

Look at what happened to JC Penney when they stopped having sales and just lowered all their prices. New CEO (the god from Apple) was gone in about a year and the sales were back. I was listening to the CEO of Macy's give an interview earlier this week, and he said very bluntly that sales are not going away.

Does this make sense? Not necessarily. But that's how it is.

I have my eye on a trip for next year that I may put a deposit on if they are including the grats. I know what the price is today -- will see what it is tomorrow. After our trip in September, I'll either cancel or talk to DH about it. The gratuities are definitely worth more than $150 shore excursion credits for next year's trip.

ETA: One reason I'd jump on the included grats is that they are one of the things that would likely go up between now and next year when we'd be cruising. If they are included, you won't have to worry about them going up. One less change to get annoyed by.

Edited by jm485

We're booked for the Getaway for next September 2017 and would have loved to switch our current dining promo for free gratuities, but just looked at our cabin rate and it's gone up $240 pp since we booked! I'll look again tomorrow, but it looks like we'll be staying with the SDP [emoji41]

Whether savvy consumers like it or not, retailers have trained Americans to value a "deal" more than regular low prices.

Look at what happened to JC Penney when they stopped having sales and just lowered all their prices. New CEO (the god from Apple) was gone in about a year and the sales were back. I was listening to the CEO of Macy's give an interview earlier this week, and he said very bluntly that sales are not going away.

Does this make sense? Not necessarily. But that's how it is.

I have my eye on a trip for next year that I may put a deposit on if they are including the grats. I know what the price is today -- will see what it is tomorrow. After our trip in September, I'll either cancel or talk to DH about it. The gratuities are definitely worth more than $150 shore excursion credits for next year's trip.

ETA: One reason I'd jump on the included grats is that they are one of the things that would likely go up between now and next year when we'd be cruising. If they are included, you won't have to worry about them going up. One less change to get annoyed by.

Alternately if grats do go up by then just lower them to today's grat number

Yep happens most of the time. Lol

I would put a hold on your cruise at today's prices just in case

i put a hold on it. but would they honor todays prices and tomorrows perks?

also regarding other posts above: my room has stayed the same price for 6 months. it has not moved. i check every single day

so a bump of 200 bucks would be very noticeable for me.

also regarding the booking it has to be done thru phone call as id need other reservation canceled without penalty and then new haven booked.