FLL to Port Everglades Transfers

dizluv

Our flight into FLL arrives at 11am which seems to be plenty of time to get to the Port. Is it reasonable for us to consider a taxi going to/from the port? Carnival seems pricey and Super Shuttle is even worse. Has anyone used a taxi and/or Uber?

Our flight into FLL arrives at 11am which seems to be plenty of time to get to the Port. Is it reasonable for us to consider a taxi going to/from the port?

Well, not going to say anything about flying in on embarkation day as that is a whole other subject (!), but a taxi between the two points is a good idea. We have done this many times and it has never been more than $14 on the meter, plus tip (there is NO flat rate, don't let the driver tell you there is). A couple of the times in the past the fare was $11.30 and $12.50, plus tip. It is very reasonable, in my opinion.

In response to flying down on embarkation day....Got airfare we couldn't turn down...$242 for BOTH of us, thus flying in on that day. First flight of the day so the plane is sitting there. Although we know there could always be a problem we feel confident we'll be ok with an 11:00 arrival time in September. January maybe not...but September hopefully so.

Our flight into FLL arrives at 11am which seems to be plenty of time to get to the Port. Is it reasonable for us to consider a taxi going to/from the port? Carnival seems pricey and Super Shuttle is even worse. Has anyone used a taxi and/or Uber?

Do you think that is a good idea?

Last time I've been at Port Everglades, traffic was at a total gridlock. Taking over 2 hours from my hotel (halfway between the airport and the cruise terminal) to the pier.

Nevertheless, a taxi might be the most effective way and there's plenty of them available at FLL. Now just hope there's not too many ships in port and traffic runs smoothly.

Yep, count this as another vote for the taxi. It's a short distance between the airport and the cruiseport.

You can see the ships in port from the airport terminals 1 and 2 - that's how close they are.

Do you think that is a good idea?

Last time I've been at Port Everglades, traffic was at a total gridlock. Taking over 2 hours from my hotel (halfway between the airport and the cruise terminal) to the pier.

Nevertheless, a taxi might be the most effective way and there's plenty of them available at FLL. Now just hope there's not too many ships in port and traffic runs smoothly.

Port Everglades usually does a fine job handling lots of ships in port but traffic can sometimes become a nightmare due to off port activities. When these activities are known in advance, a warning notice will appear upon logging on to the official website (http://www.porteverglades.net). You might want to check it out a couple of days before sailing.

In response to flying down on embarkation day....Got airfare we couldn't turn down...$242 for BOTH of us, thus flying in on that day. First flight of the day so the plavvvne is sitting there. Although we know there could always be a problem we feel confident. we'll be ok with an 11:00 arrival time in September. January maybe not...but September hopefully so.

Understand the cheap airfare, but still a risk! Look at recent Delta happenings! Also, don't let weather give you a false sense of security. I have been delayed several times by thunderstorms in Florida, not to mention crew/equipment delays, and possible baggage delays.

Take a cab from airport. As others have said, very easy. Not sure who you are cruising with, but you normally have to be on board around 2 hours prior to sailing.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

Flight arrives at 11:00 and have to be on board by 3:00. Going with Carnival and it says boarding is between 1:30-3:00. I'm still pretty comfortable with our decision to fly down that morning but then I'm a seasoned flyer. Maybe as we get closer I'll have reservations but so far no valium needed! ;)

Taxi, Taxi, Taxi, part deux! The port is spittin distance from the airport. You barely get on the freeway before you're getting off to the port. Generally it's $15, and a transfer is probably more.