New promo

Susandt

The service charges associated with the dining and drinks packages are only included with suites, and that has nothing to do with the recent daily service charge promo anyhow. Other than suites, the 18% will be charged with those two promo packages regardless of whether you have the daily service charge promo selected.

I understand it includes the $13.50 x 2 people but does it include gratuities for the ubp? Price of my cabin hasn't changed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FREE PREPAID SERVICE CHARGE

Choose this option and we'll cover the prepaid stateroom service charges for the first two stateroom guests.

I understand it includes the $13.50 x 2 people but does it include gratuities for the ubp? Price of my cabin hasn't changed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It ONLY cover the DSC for two people in the cabin.

Ncl is actually quite brilliant in offering free Dsc as a promo

They of course repriced the majority of their cruises to increase by the value of the dsc for 2. (Yes I'm sure not each and every cruise was repriced but you can bet most were repriced)

So....

1. Increase the cruise price by dsc

2. Tell the pax it's a "free" perk

What happens is in essence....

3. The pax winds up paying for the dsc anyway but of course will not be able to remove it or request a refund of dsc.

And yes I know it's a pax choice "freebie" but again it's a genius freebie on Ncls part

They of course repriced the majority of their cruises to increase by the value of the dsc for 2. (Yes I'm sure not each and every cruise was repriced but you can bet most were repriced)

How much do you want to bet? How many cruises did you actually check?

We have three booked, one mini suite and two SF suites cruises. The mini had gone up $52 total since I booked 3 months ago. The tw o SFs hadn't changed. I switched the two $50 per port and one wifi promo ( which we would have never used) to the new prepaid DSC. Saved an additional $90, $220, and $270 on what were already excellent prices. Hell of a deal.

I have two cruises booked and checked two others. None went up in price.

I guess that means with free dsc that Ncl is paying the crew what they normally would anyway even with free dsc

And at this point the price increases will be difficult to spot anyway unless you had a screen shot of every other price

My cabin category is supposedly sold out so no way to tell but the interesting thing is that the prices on what's still available have shot up

It's all a moot point anyway because Ncl is not giving anything for free in the first place.

Both of my spring Cruises have increased in price from last December's booking. The current price has been the current price for about 5 months. So it really depends on when you are checking prices.

However, the bottom line, is if you're happy with the price and the promos you are a happy Cruiser.

Ncl is actually quite brilliant in offering free Dsc as a promo

So....

1. Increase the cruise price by dsc

2. Tell the pax it's a "free" perk

What happens is in essence....

3. The pax winds up paying for the dsc anyway but of course will not be able to remove it or request a refund of dsc.

And yes I know it's a pax choice "freebie" but again it's a genius freebie on Ncls part

Nope mine stayed the same for the sailing i have changed.. :):):D:D AND SAVED around $250 on the new promo!!

Yup - rebooked mine - same price and traded in the measly $50/port excursion perk for the DSC ($279 for my 9-day). No price increases here - and this is the third re-booking in a month....

Edited by Chuck2810
MisPell...

I just sent my TA an email. We have the UBP but interested if we can get the second free promo ?

I did it today but you have to cancel your original reservation, then your room goes back into inventory, and then book a new reservation and keep fingers crossed that your room is still available (only if you care about the exact room) ......

Unless you have a generous NCL reservations manager who will allow for the new promo to be applied without going through all this. The NCL PCC do not have that authority in the system.

Yup - rebooked mine - same price and traded in the measly $50/port excursion perk for the DSC ($279 for my 9-day). No price increases here - and this is the third re-booking in a month....

I did the same yesterday. My H5 on Escape for July was same price. My dh and I would never use the excursion credit and the $31 a day x 7 worked much better for us. I loved I was able to change and save some money since I only had the cabin booked two days. My dh thinks Im a cruise guru but I really get all my info here [emoji6]