Q re attire / getting to the hot tub!

georgie73

Well I got one for you guys!!!!!

We were coming back from a late nite dinner at The Pinnicale Grill maybe around 10 pm.

Going through the lido we wanted to see there menu next morning.

Decided to get a drink to take back to our room at the sea view bar.

When we started walking through the lido pool area we saw 2 people completely

Naked getting into the spa!!!!

We walked by and said have a great time and they smiled and said come join us!!!!!

By that time a lot of stewards were coming over with towels!

We laughed and said we are in Europe!!!!

I still say wear a robe or something!

👍👍😀

Denise

:eek::eek::eek:

This beats all...get them some robes! :D

There's obviously some strong "anti bath robe" opinions here. Hard to figure out why my choice of a cover up is so offensive to some.

But I've also noted some "tut-tutting" when I'm not wearing a tuxedo on gala night.

Takes all kinds, and I'll wear what I'll wear to the hot tub. Ciao!

There's obviously some strong "anti bath robe" opinions here. Hard to figure out why my choice of a cover up is so offensive to some.

But I've also noted some "tut-tutting" when I'm not wearing a tuxedo on gala night.

Takes all kinds, and I'll wear what I'll wear to the hot tub. Ciao!

U BE U!

KenNMB

Volendam: NYC to Bermuda (1978)

Nieuw Amsterdam Seattle to Alaska (2007)

Noordam: Port Everglades TA to Rome (2014)

Zuiderdam: to Panama (partial) (2015)

Veendam: Port Everglades to Montreal (Spring 2016)

Zuiderdam: Quebec City to Port Everglades (Fall 2016)

Caused some double takes when a Japanese gentleman arrived at the Neptune Lounge in his bathrobe for breakfast. Same questions - well, why not. He was "dressed".

I do sometimes see people in robes ducking into the Neptune lounge in the morning. Usually it's just to grab some coffee and pastries to bring to their cabin. It doesn't bother me at all. I've never seen anyone sit around on a couch in the lounge with a robe on. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. (but I guess I said that already :))

I do not see why we should be concerned with what other people wear its their ship too and they are on vacation.

Personally I prefer to just wear my thong bathing suit when I go to the Pool. It covers the parts of my 5'6" 59 year old 350 pound frame that I want covered and allows me to drip dry more quickly when I return to my cabin than if I am covered by a robe. It is also less confining when I am eating in the Lido. Hopefully as HAL adapts to more modern way of thinking it will allow this type of wear in the MDR as well.

I do not see why we should be concerned with what other people wear its their ship too and they are on vacation.

Personally I prefer to just wear my thong bathing suit when I go to the Pool. It covers the parts of my 5'6" 59 year old 350 pound frame that I want covered and allows me to drip dry more quickly when I return to my cabin than if I am covered by a robe. It is also less confining when I am eating in the Lido. Hopefully as HAL adapts to more modern way of thinking it will allow this type of wear in the MDR as well.

Got any pics? ;)

Please leave the bathrobes where they belong: in the bedroom.

For those uncomfortable just wearing a t-shirt, there are nice cover-ups available for sale for both men and women. The shops on board even sell some.

Shouldn't be that difficult to find space in the suitcase since a lot of people have taken their formal wear out of them now ;)

Why are bathrobes to be restricted to the bedroom - in fact, why do you need a robe if you stay in the bedroom? Cruise ships are not just floating hotels - they are recreational facilities - more like spa resorts where wearing bathrobes while going to and from spa facilities simply makes sense.

Of course only a yahoo would go to a bar, theater or dining venue wearing a bathrobe - but being afraid of wearing one to the pool or hot tub is silly.

Why are bathrobes to be restricted to the bedroom - in fact, why do you need a robe if you stay in the bedroom? Cruise ships are not just floating hotels - they are recreational facilities - more like spa resorts where wearing bathrobes while going to and from spa facilities simply makes sense.

Of course only a yahoo would go to a bar, theater or dining venue wearing a bathrobe - but being afraid of wearing one to the pool or hot tub is silly.

Very well put~! Thank you!

I love a robe after I get out of the shower/tub and towel off. I do it at home and like to do it when I travel ;)

Also, if there is a knock on the door and I am not fully dressed,it's a quick cover up. ;)

As I said earlier, I don't want a chlorine clogged/dirty bathrobe on my clean skin so I opt to wear it in the room only.

Some wear them to the Neptune Lounge, too. I choose not to.

Each to their own.

We use what we use at a high end resort...our bath robe.

Not sure why the discussion or why anyone would presume to think they are the authority on cover up attire attire worn to and from the hot tub or pool for that matter. Or anywhere else on the ship.

It is a non issue. Do what you feel comfortable with. Life is far too short to sweat the small things like this.

More importantly enjoy your cruise to the fullest.

Edited by iancal

Not sure why the discussion or why anyone would presume to think they are the authority on cover up attire attire worn to and from the hot tub or pool for that matter. Or anywhere else on the ship.

It is a non issue. Do what you feel comfortable with. Life is far too short to sweat the small things like this.

I totally agree iancal, people just need to remember, their heads can easily turn away.

+1

iancal - I'm finding your opinions matching mine more lately. Nice to have a CC comrade!

I'm not sure why a wearing a ROBE to/from the pool/hot tub/spa on a mass-market commodity ship like HAL would be any different than wearing a ROBE to/from the pool/hot tub/spa at a higher class AAA or Forbes 5 diamond/star resort hotel. Even in Europe, this is the norm. What is the problem? To me, they look more appropriate than the hideous "sundresses" women stuff themselves into over top a wet suit and sticks to their wet bodies, creating "interesting" silhouettes or the man in the now-see-through T-shirt that lets everyone know that he has "man boobs." :eek:

I've never had an issue with getting another robe from my steward.

If you do not like what people are wearing, you have a choice - charter a yacht where you can dictate exactly what your guests must wear. Until then, sit back, breathe, and let it go...

You're comfortable wearing a bathrobe on the elevator? Wow, never in a million years would I get on an elevator wearing a bathrobe. There is one and only one use for a bathrobe on a cruise ship and is to go to and from the bathroom. Bath, as in bathroom? Got it!

Would you you wear a bathrobe through the lobby of a five star hotel?

I don't wear a robe "around the bedroom" but I do put one on when I leave the bath/shower - no telling who might be on the other side of the door!

Every day??? I hope those that do tip VERY well

Why? How is a fresh robe every day a burden on the cabin steward? It is no different than requesting extra ice, or leaving a breakfast tray to be removed. It's a reasonable request.

I'm not sure why a wearing a ROBE to/from the pool/hot tub/spa on a mass-market commodity ship like HAL would be any different than wearing a ROBE to/from the pool/hot tub/spa at a higher class AAA or Forbes 5 diamond/star resort hotel. Even in Europe, this is the norm. What is the problem? To me, they look more appropriate than the hideous "sundresses" women stuff themselves into over top a wet suit and sticks to their wet bodies, creating "interesting" silhouettes or the man in the now-see-through T-shirt that lets everyone know that he has "man boobs." :eek:

I agree. Wearing a robe (usually) guarantees adequate coverage ;)

Edited by VennDiagram

Well I got one for you guys!!!!!

We were coming back from a late nite dinner at The Pinnicale Grill maybe around 10 pm.

Going through the lido we wanted to see there menu next morning.

Decided to get a drink to take back to our room at the sea view bar.

When we started walking through the lido pool area we saw 2 people completely

Naked getting into the spa!!!!

We walked by and said have a great time and they smiled and said come join us!!!!!

By that time a lot of stewards were coming over with towels!

We laughed and said we are in Europe!!!!

I still say wear a robe or something!

Denise

These two posts are hilarious! :D:D In fact I find his whole thread is hilarious..:D:D!