MSC Cruises Names New President

cruiseguyinorl

Just reading the PR, looks like it's all good. Focus on expanding in the Caribbean, with salings out of FL. New guy with successful experience, educated in the U.S. He should know our market.

And, looks like MSC is making a major push in other areas, as well as here.

All good from where I sit.

'An Argentine of Italian heritage, Fusaro holds an MBA from the University of Chicago. Early in his career he worked as an auditor for the accounting firm Arthur Andersen.'

Oh oh, another bean counter like Del Rio. Hopefully, Fusaro won't do what NCL did and mess with MSC's competitive pricing in an attempt to boost the bottom line.

Just reading the PR, looks like it's all good. Focus on expanding in the Caribbean, with salings out of FL. New guy with successful experience, educated in the U.S. He should know our market.

And, looks like MSC is making a major push in other areas, as well as here.

All good from where I sit.

I hope he doesn't Americanize MSC too much.:( The best thing about it is the European atmosphere. And the risottos :D

Unfortunately, if they feel it will attract more interest, they will Americanise the experience. It's obvious from reading reviews of Divina here that there are differences from the Med cruises due to US guests demands.

It won't matter to them, either, how loyal customers will feel - you only have to look at how their "Loyalty" programme is status-matched for those who've never even sailed MSC before, regardless of how those who had built up points over time to attain the top tier felt!

Given that they plan on expanding their footprint in the North American market, it only makes sense that they put more emphasis on more of the North American expectations.

As far as status matching, I benefited from it, and thought it was a very good business move. They want my business, they made a very bold move to claim it. They've achieved their goal. I'm planning my next cruise on MSC.

Edited by graphicguy

Sell what your customers want. If the N American market prefers cheeseburger and hot wings over Italian pizza or pasta, so be it.

The american palate is much more diverse...it's actually the recent immigrants that like the cheeseburgers and fries...I think pizza and pasta will sell well with most Americans. Bring on the sushi, falafel and Indian food too!

MSC is just beginning to address the biggest cruise market. I think what you're seeing, as far as realigning management, is in response to that.

That's a big committment. Whatever changes they plan are probably going to be made to be successful in this market.