Is there anything you can buy at spa for $50 and under?

stefs111

Hi,

We received a gift card for the spa on our last cruise, and didn't use it, just threw it away. It was for $50. It had our name on it, so we couldn't give it to anyone else, or we would have. We don't do the spa, but maybe there are products you can buy for under $50?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Hi,

We received a gift card for the spa on our last cruise, and didn't use it, just threw it away. It was for $50. It had our name on it, so we couldn't give it to anyone else, or we would have. We don't do the spa, but maybe there are products you can buy for under $50?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Aren't they good in the salon also? For a hair wash and blow dry?

DH got a very nice Happy Birthday package - cards for a free photo, $30 towards a bottle of wine, and the spa card. It was in his name and non-transferable, and there were no spa services he was interested in , so we did not use it either (we did appreciate the photo and the wine which I think ended up costing $2) I think the spa card would have covered to cost of a manicure or pedicure, but that's about it. If a person we scheduling a spa service anyway, the card would have contributed to the cost. I am not sure if it could have been used in the salon - DH did not consider that since he is bald :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When my mother had received the $50 Spa card for her birthday I inquired about the wash, cut and style for short hair (around $55 plus gratuity). We were told it was not available using the spa card and we had to do one of the packages that included the scalp massage and hair treatment so it would be $169. We passed.

We also received one of those cards and never used it. When I first went to try and book something, they had nothing open at times I could come, or that I wanted to do. And then when I went back a second time, to see if there was a cancellation, I was given different information, which was a little annoying. Both times I was hoping to get a pedicure or manicure, and the first time, there weren't any openings. The second time I was told I couldn't use it on any of those services, it had to be the more expensive things (i.e. massages, etc...) and by then, there weren't any appointments either. But it sounds like people are able to use it in different ways, and maybe not consistent across the board with what spa workers say.

Be forewarned: if Carnival leaves you gift cards for the spa, look at them immediately and plan how to use them.

We lost out - they expired before we even gave them a second glance.

So true! We got it on the 3rd day I think, which only gave us I think 3 days to use it. It had to be used by Sunday night if I remember correctly. Maybe we got it on Wednesday evening, so the 2nd day. But still, there weren't any options really to use it. I wasn't going to spend another $125-150 just to save $50.

yep, that's what my wife did after excursion before elegant night. she got some other stuff did too but 50 bucks off was a very nice deal.

edit to add - just saw that up there about making them get other packages. Conquest spa did not require that. Wife could have just gotten the wash and dry but she did her eyebrows too. Maybe because she bought extra stuff they didn't make her do the other but I know for sure we didn't have to spend 169 bucks. She enjoyed it enough she went back a few days later to get her hair done again for pictures in the Dreams studio. they did a nice job.

Edited by originalgeek

That $50.00 card is just to get you in the door. Wife got a manicure and it was like $70.00. Plus they tried to sell her a bunch of junk.

Well yeah. My wife was going to get her hair done anyway for elegant night so the 50 bucks off was great. We knew going in that we weren't gonna pay land prices for even a wash and dry but it came out pretty reasonable with the gift card.

We were given one of those on our last cruise for our honeymoon, my wife used it to buy some kind of lotion that was like $55, so we had to pay the $5 difference.

So in the end, you bought a $5 bottle of lotion for $5...those markups are brutal :p

We also received one of those cards and never used it. When I first went to try and book something, they had nothing open at times I could come, or that I wanted to do. And then when I went back a second time, to see if there was a cancellation, I was given different information, which was a little annoying. Both times I was hoping to get a pedicure or manicure, and the first time, there weren't any openings. The second time I was told I couldn't use it on any of those services, it had to be the more expensive things (i.e. massages, etc...) and by then, there weren't any appointments either. But it sounds like people are able to use it in different ways, and maybe not consistent across the board with what spa workers say.

Yes, same experience a few weeks after you. I think the Legend "manager" was not friendly, nor knew what was going on and this happened twice in our family. Family had same offer, and found no openings except for full high priced options. Not to mention when daughter-in-law finally booked something and showed up- they had her on a different day for something else. Very first rating on the Legend in Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That $50.00 card is just to get you in the door. Wife got a manicure and it was like $70.00. Plus they tried to sell her a bunch of junk.

That price looked outrageous and I Googled Carnival's Spa manicure, it's $45

So in the end, you bought a $5 bottle of lotion for $5...those markups are brutal :p

Lol it was the same thing with the 25 dollar wine gift card we got. Used it on a 35 dollar bottle in the steak house so basically paid 10 bucks for an 8 dollar bottle of wine. (I looked it up. Can get the same bottle at Total Wine for 8 bucks)

But I ain't complaining - it tasted good anyway and now I know a decent Malbec to have around the house. And all restaurant wine is marked up so it was no big deal.

If they will let you combine the 50 dollar certificate with the 3 services spa special they give...if they still do..that would be a good deal...but not your question. that is around 129 and offered by midweek. Maybe these certificates were offered to change having to offer that to fill in.

I know not quite your question but that is a nice service...typically like a feet, scalp, back massage etc..20 minutes each.

To your direct need...I would say a blowout or product to keep as close to 50 as you can. I know more expensive than land...but less expensive than more upscale lines etc. I think the spa is a great way to add to your cruise..they are kept nice,,,the lockers are usually avbx for steam or sauna without extra payment and I adored the one on Fantasy class with this huge window ledge seat on a window looking out to sea..

If you want a massage that certificate would be lovely to reduce the cost to a land price. I regretted not doing that on my second Carnival cruise..it changes everything...for me in terms of deeply relaxing and really starting a spoil me vacation.

Edited by sjn911