when can I print boarding pass and pick my staggered check in time

fluffluf

We will have a family group leaving out of Baltimore on the Pride where we will be car pooling so a kid might be riding with a different family (and who are in a different cabin) than theirs. I want therefore to choose the same check-in times as soon as possible so we don't have say a kid and their parents at different times. It would appear that we can print out our boarding passes as soon as we make our final payment even if that might be months before the sailing date?? Once we do that, will we then be able to choose our check-in times Is that correct that we can print our boarding passes as soon as we make our final payment and can we then choose our check-in even if it is a few months before sailing or does Carnival make one wait until close to the sailing to choose one's check-in time?

We will have a family group leaving out of Baltimore on the Pride where we will be car pooling so a kid might be riding with a different family (and who are in a different cabin) than theirs. I want therefore to choose the same check-in times as soon as possible so we don't have say a kid and their parents at different times. It would appear that we can print out our boarding passes as soon as we make our final payment even if that might be months before the sailing date?? Once we do that, will we then be able to choose our check-in times Is that correct that we can print our boarding passes as soon as we make our final payment and can we then choose our check-in even if it is a few months before sailing or does Carnival make one wait until close to the sailing to choose one's check-in time?

You can pick your time before final payment, at least that's my understanding. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/staggered-check-in

If you have made your down payment for everyone thats cruising you can fill out your cruise documents for each person. There is a box that allows you to choose a time. The earlier you do it the better choice of times you will be able to choose from. Good luck.

You can still pick your check in time before.

I didn't say anything about picking check in time. It's amazing what you read into my reply. I ONLY commented on the boarding pass part of the question. :rolleyes:

Edited by MtnDweller

I didn't say anything about picking check in time. It's amazing what you read into my reply. I ONLY commented on the boarding pass part of the question. :rolleyes:

Gotcha, just didn't want the OP thinking the two were tied together.

You can pick your check in time as soon as you've booked your cruise - you don't need to fill out any of the other boarding information, you can bypass all of that and just go in and pick your check in time.

Edited by meatloafsfan

No way to think they were tied together by my reply because I didn't discuss both. Stop overthinking things. ;)

Speaking of overthinking, perhaps you are over-reacting to being "quoted".

Many posters hit the quote button out of habit. The poster who did so has already conceded your point.

Where is the screen to select check in time? I have a cruise in November 2017 sailing from Galveston and don't see a place to choose a check in time on the website.

Part of online check-in (there is a link back in post #2)

Edited by lizardhowson

Speaking of overthinking, perhaps you are over-reacting to being "quoted".

Many posters hit the quote button out of habit. The poster who did so has already conceded your point.

Speaking of over-reacting. No I don't care if I'm quoted. Doesn't bother me one bit. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest that you print your boarding pass as soon as possible. Last year, I received an email stating that I had not picked a boarding time and I would need to log in and do this before the day of embarking. I knew I had picked a time. I even had my boarding pass to prove it. Our time was early, like 11:00 to 11:30. Anyway, when I logged on, just to see what the email was all about, the only time available was 2:00 to 2:30. It was a good thing that my boarding pass was already printed or I think I would've been stuck with a late boarding time.

I have two cruises booked right now, same boat, same port, one 198 days out and one 462 days out.

I was able to pick my check in time for the first cruise when I booked at 267 days. The 2nd cruise still does not show the ability to choose a check in at 462 days. I check often. So, it shows up somewhere between 462 and 267.

I just did this. We are a group of 20 people with 10 cabins booked for the Pride.

Once everyone was paid in full, I completed all the online check-in and picked the same time for everyone for the check-in, and printed the boarding passes. I did this in mid July (final payment was July 19th), and our cruise is October 2nd.

Had no issue whatsoever.

We're on PRIDE for the 23 Oct sailing. I just started on-line check in and all time slots were available for check in on our sail date. I'm not sure if that's because folks just haven't started to pick slots yet (we are 65 days out!) or if all slots are available to me because we're sailing in an Ocean Suite. Can anyone else comment on their experience?

I have two cruises booked right now, same boat, same port, one 198 days out and one 462 days out.

I was able to pick my check in time for the first cruise when I booked at 267 days. The 2nd cruise still does not show the ability to choose a check in at 462 days. I check often. So, it shows up somewhere between 462 and 267.

We also are about 400 days out from a cruise and haven't had the option to pick a check in time yet :) can't wait to go out of Galveston. :)

I just tried to do this for our Ecstasy cruise in February. I couldn't get past the passport info. is the check in time passed that point? We are a group of 21 and I would like our check in times to be the same.

When I got to the page to start on-line check in it showed two choices - All Guests, or Just Me - in the middle of the page. But down the left hand side of the screen there were links for Check in Times, Stateroom Preferences, Onboard Expenses, and Contract. I was able to click on the My Check In Time link and do just that part without having to run thru the other stuff.

Thanks for all the quick replies and knowing that I don't have to wait until final payment for check-in times, I will fill out information for everyone and then pick check-in times (hopefully it will come up on the web site). This board was a lot more informative that Carnivals site!

I just tried to do this for our Ecstasy cruise in February. I couldn't get past the passport info. is the check in time passed that point? We are a group of 21 and I would like our check in times to be the same.

I didn't have everyone's passport information when I went in to do it. I just selected the birth certificate option to proceed. You can go back in and enter the passport information once you have it.

I just want to thank people for their helpful responses. I am not a stranger to cruising and have cruised several different lines, but even a seasoned cruiser can have questions. Staggered check in is new for me and I wasn't sure how the processed worked to get your check in time.

The last time I posted a question I got some surprisingly rude responses. I was trying to understand the guidelines about the Cheers! program and not being able to use it at HMC. I feel like I was attacked for asking.........

I joined CC so I could get useful information and share some if someone needed it. I still am astounded how snarky people can be. you've restored my faith in these boards!!

Selecting a check in time is also new to me. We will be driving to the port from 400 miles away (no way to avoid it) so will be there later in the day. Is there any problem choosing a time---say noon--- just in case, if we don't get there until 2:00?