Very confused booking Go Best Concierge Gratuities

Ru2on

Any help out there I'm confused

1st issue I have booked a Concierge Cabin , don't know if it always does but this cruise the Concierge comes with Go Best Promotion..

But.. My Gratuties are still showing as an amount to be paid on my booking the Celebrity consultant that I booked through today said "Oh they will come off when our revenue department gets to them it may be a week before the cruise and they will be refunded"

What?? How does this work that means I have to pay them first as they are showing on my final payment to be paid, surely not if they are a perk ?

2nd thing the confirmation reservation they sent me shows the correct amount that I thought the cruise was ( except still has Gratuties on it) and the balance with my $800 deposit I paid today.

But when I get into my cruise manager it has another few hundred added on out of nowhere and shows the cruise as being more expensive and my balance to pay a few hundred dollars more than my invoice .

3rd thing , I had a reservation on this cruise using a future cruise certificate I think it was $200 , I spoke to a cruise rep earlier in the day and said I wanted to upgrade to concierge level . He said I would have to cancel my cruise lose the deposit and rebook. Okay I decided to just rebook to get the better cabin with all the perks . So is it correct I just lose the $200 deposit I had paid using the future cruise certificate? They can't take anymore money off me can they?

My heads just trying to work out what the random amount extra is on my cruise reservation other than the invoice they sent me . It's a few hundred dollars difference .

Stressing :confused:

Yes, there is a real fail with their web based figures on your "My Reservation".

I've been seeing amounts change for an entire year and the folks we booked with us, theirs are always different from ours though we both booked conceirge cabins side by side on board over 2 years ago!

The web info shows a line that is checked for the grats but then in my confirmation document it shows them as a credit so mine have always been a minused amount.

Dont' worry about it and if you still are, go to guest services on board and have them explain it for you.

Edited by BecciBoo

What Celebrity does is add the tips to your invoice as they have done and then a week or so after booking, that amount is deducted. So you will see it on there twice (the second time as a credit).

As to the other amount you mention, could it be the taxes that are added separately?

Since you are in Australia, the rules might be different but there is no reason to have to cancel, lose the deposit and rebook to a CC cabin. You should be able to just upgrade the original reservation.

The prepaid gratuities will come off the balance due in a week or so. Unless your final payment date is now you will not have to pay them and wait for a refund.

Thanks for the replies , final payment is not till the 17th, September so hopefully the Gratuties will have been removed then. I did ask the first cruise consultant couldn't I just upgrade but he said no I would have to cancel and rebook . I think Australia may have different rules he was certainly adamant .

Will ring celebrity tomorow and try to find out what the extra few hundred dollars showing on my cruise reservations is . it can't be taxes and port fees as they are included already in my invoice amount.

I noticed on my reservation that they had automatically added the cruise insurance in and the was a few hundred dollars. I was able to go online to my reservation and uncheck the insurance box and it took the cost back down to what it was up posed to be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the exact reason I canceled my booking and referred it to a travel agent here in Europe. The final cost was a couple of hundred usd more than stated. Enough to don't trust them with my credit card. Travel agent worked it out fine. :) But it didn't give me confidence, since it was first time Celebrity for me.

This is normal for Celebrity's wonderful website. After booking the reservations will go to the"Revenue Department". They will reverse out the extra charge for Tips. If it doesn't you can call Captain's Club and they will reverse out the extra charge for you.

This was much more visible in the U.S. when prepaid tips were required for anytime dining.

I just booked my first cruise on Celebrity and the CSR I dealt with told me "with your free gratuities it'll show as being charged, but will be refunded within 3 days, if not call her."

I understood what she said, but I thought she meant it will just show up as an option to prepay on my cruise planner.

I checked immediately after booking and my reservation was there and charged about $8200(including airfare) and two days later that price was about $7850.

This is my one and only experience thus far with Celebrity but I'm pleased the lady gave me a warning. I honestly wouldn't have checked and been confused why my price dropped so I was happy with the heads up.

We booked with our TA on sat, the invoice showed up with the gratuities charged, by today the invoice had been amended to reflect the gratuities as being debited from our overall amount, hence, reflecting the correctly adjusted lower amount that we expected to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any help out there I'm confused

1st issue I have booked a Concierge Cabin , don't know if it always does but this cruise the Concierge comes with Go Best Promotion..

But.. My Gratuties are still showing as an amount to be paid on my booking the Celebrity consultant that I booked through today said "Oh they will come off when our revenue department gets to them it may be a week before the cruise and they will be refunded"

What?? How does this work that means I have to pay them first as they are showing on my final payment to be paid, surely not if they are a perk ?

2nd thing the confirmation reservation they sent me shows the correct amount that I thought the cruise was ( except still has Gratuties on it) and the balance with my $800 deposit I paid today.

But when I get into my cruise manager it has another few hundred added on out of nowhere and shows the cruise as being more expensive and my balance to pay a few hundred dollars more than my invoice .

3rd thing , I had a reservation on this cruise using a future cruise certificate I think it was $200 , I spoke to a cruise rep earlier in the day and said I wanted to upgrade to concierge level . He said I would have to cancel my cruise lose the deposit and rebook. Okay I decided to just rebook to get the better cabin with all the perks . So is it correct I just lose the $200 deposit I had paid using the future cruise certificate? They can't take anymore money off me can they?

My heads just trying to work out what the random amount extra is on my cruise reservation other than the invoice they sent me . It's a few hundred dollars difference .

Stressing :confused:

Just be patient.

The different parts of this promotion have to be adjusted manually, per the rep I booked with. It takes 7 to 10 days for all perks to show up and price to be adjusted (by revenue) In my case they added one promo a day. After 7 days all was good. Printed out copies of everything. So just give it a few days. They should have explained this to you so you do not stress.

Edited by Arzeena

This is the exact reason I canceled my booking and referred it to a travel agent here in Europe. The final cost was a couple of hundred usd more than stated. Enough to don't trust them with my credit card. Travel agent worked it out fine. :) But it didn't give me confidence, since it was first time Celebrity for me.

I did the opposite. I booked direct with Celebrity, waited for all the promo adjustments to show up on the reservation, asked for invoices, made copies of all and then transferred to TA.

I just booked my first cruise on Celebrity and the CSR I dealt with told me "with your free gratuities it'll show as being charged, but will be refunded within 3 days, if not call her."

I understood what she said, but I thought she meant it will just show up as an option to prepay on my cruise planner.

I checked immediately after booking and my reservation was there and charged about $8200(including airfare) and two days later that price was about $7850.

This is my one and only experience thus far with Celebrity but I'm pleased the lady gave me a warning. I honestly wouldn't have checked and been confused why my price dropped so I was happy with the heads up.

True. My rep also informed me how this will be done manually by revenue. Hence I was pretty confident or I too would have gone grey with stress by now!:D

When something weird is going on with my web-based invoice, I've found that paying a small amount on the reservation--even $20--will trigger someone to go in and look at it. Then whatever is weird is almost always corrected.

I made final payment on a cruise with included gratuities recently. The amount of the gratuities did show up as a balance due for a day or so after the correct payment was made. Luckily I made final payment about 5 days before it was truly due so all was sorted out in good time! It seems like they do get it right when a human gives the reservation a look.

So checked again this morning and magically the extra few hundred have disappeared , no idea what it was . My free premium Bev promo has appeared and my free wifi has appeared . No sign of gratuity reimbursement yet

Well I rang Celebrity this arvo , spoke to rep who was pretty sure I must have added something else to the booking to have the random extra few hundred added . I was adamant this was not the case so he put me on hold a few times and in the end had to agree the figures in my cruise reservation was wrong and it would be fixed . Tonight all is good when I logged in its showing the correct amount .

As far as the future cruise deposit I was told would be lost when I cancelled the other booking . I asked this rep for confirmation that I would lose it ,put on hold again but he came back with if I use I to book another cruise I won't lose it . but that I can not transfer it on to my new booking for this cruise. Was told not to cancel the cruise till I have a new cruise to transfer my future cruise certificate on to .... I really am not sure they are all reading from the same book ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Celebrity's website is an acknowledged disaster - BUT it is being redesigned as we speak. So, as in any technical rework, you typically don't waste time improving/fixing the old. You just forge ahead with the new - and get it introduced as fast as proper testing will allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums