96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

I'm kicking myself for not asking earlier. A punch card or two would have nicely supplemented our evening alcohol. If you can, come back and verify that it was available in the beginning. Some have surmised that they don't offer it until the end to try and boost sagging alcohol sales if needed.

I may look into this myself when we sail on Freedom. I don't need a package but this would be nice for a couple of afternoon drinks a day.

I'm kicking myself for not asking earlier. A punch card or two would have nicely supplemented our evening alcohol. If you can, come back and verify that it was available in the beginning. Some have surmised that they don't offer it until the end to try and boost sagging alcohol sales if needed.

On the Oasis in May it was offered on day 3 or 4, not sure which.

I called RC this morning and they do offer this for most ships on most sailings. I will be on the 9/18 FOS and it will be available for that cruise. I can purchase it as soon as I get onboard. I am cancelling my premium drink package (because I don't drink enough to make it worth while) and doing this. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed your review and pictures. Thanks for doing the review.

Did they tell you that it would be available on day 1? I have never heard of that

Edited by molly361

I can't find if you have mentioned this but can you tell if the balcony dividers open on the cabins up there?

Thanks!

Yes they do, the two cabins next to us were open. I will also add that due to the slope of the front rail, the balcony is pretty tiny. Luckily, we were about 10' from the loungers on Deck 12. :D

Yes they do, the two cabins next to us were open. I will also add that due to the slope of the front rail, the balcony is pretty tiny. Luckily, we were about 10' from the loungers on Deck 12. :D
Interesting. We have connecting D3's on deck 7 but a couple cabins up there opened-up so I'm thinking of moving to them. The balconies may be smaller but opening the dividers should help out in that regard. I love the location though. Thanks for your quick response. :)

Interesting. We have connecting D3's on deck 7 but a couple cabins up there opened-up so I'm thinking of moving to them. The balconies may be smaller but opening the dividers should help out in that regard. I love the location though. Thanks for your quick response. :)

Here is the slope I was talking about. Had to crop, Laura was a little over exposed

96f88a027bead8e402070124d71aff1a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Haha!:D

It is kind of strange they way they did that. I guess it should help out looking down for the little ones.

Maybe it follows the lines of the old jogging track. Pretty sure the floor dimensions were set, but they could expand the upper portion when the added the roof above. That makes it feel bigger than it is. Just guessing.

Maybe it follows the lines of the old jogging track. Pretty sure the floor dimensions were set, but they could expand the upper portion when the added the roof above. That makes it feel bigger than it is. Just guessing.
Yes, looking at old pics of Freedom, it does appear they followed the outline of the old railing.

The more I look at them, the more I like these cabins. The decor/layout look great and like I said, love the location. Our two favorite locations... the Spa for DW and the Sky Bar for me!:D

Thanks you!

The agent I talked to said it was available the day we get on the boat.

We've been on Oasis, Rhapsody and Jewel this year and the Drink Cards were available mid-cruise. Not doubting you but sometimes the land based RCI agents don't always have the right answers. Hope you're not disappointed.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I called again tonight just to verify again and she said no it was a promotion. :(. I think it depends on who you talk to each time.

I think I would find value with 3 days remaining, maybe two, but not on last day only

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

John, thanks again for a great review! Your photo shoot pitures are beautiful. I'm glad you changed your minds and purchased some og them. I'll bet it was difficult to narrow it down to the ones you wanted.

Awesome review. Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. We sail the first 8 night the Freedom does in November.

Have to agree with everyone else that the BW photos are incredible. They must have some more "professional" photographers onboard, as we have encountered some lately that just snap and go!! I can see why they were hard to pass up buying.

Have a few questions.

Did either of you buy the soda package?? We normally do not buy any drink packages. I can't drink caffeine, so in the past we carried on some caffeine free diet coke. But the freedom cruise will be our first time with the coke machines. Do you know if the machines have CF Diet coke??

Also a question on the drink card?? Do you have any idea if this card can be used for frozen drinks?, ie, pina colada??

And what about your bed?? We have requested a mattress topper on our bed after reading some reviews about beds on the Freedom being as hard as a rock. I know this is a preference, and a firm mattress doesn't bother me. However, I really don't want to feel like I'm sleeping on the floor!!

Again, great review and great pictures.

Waterbugohio, if you are still following along here, I can confirm that the Freestyle machine has Caffeine Free Diet Coke. It is my go to drink, and I was extremely glad to be on a ship where it was available. I slept better than ever on Freedom!

I called RC this morning and they do offer this for most ships on most sailings. I will be on the 9/18 FOS and it will be available for that cruise. I can purchase it as soon as I get onboard. I am cancelling my premium drink package (because I don't drink enough to make it worth while) and doing this. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed your review and pictures. Thanks for doing the review.

Do the cocktails include frozen drinks on drink card?

Thanks for your awesome review, we board next week. Lala in all of the pics with your hair down your hair looks fabulous even in the wind. I have a similar style/cut and usually look a mess. What is your secret? Please be specific I will purchase your recommended products for my upcoming cruise. My hair looks good for about 5 minutes and terrible in all my pics.

Thanks Bob, I see a pina colada, bushwacker, and love connection in my near future. This is my first time purchasing the drink card. Sounds perfect for people like me who only have a couple of drinks a day. :cool:

Plus the drink card can be shared.:)

Waterbugohio, if you are still following along here, I can confirm that the Freestyle machine has Caffeine Free Diet Coke. It is my go to drink, and I was extremely glad to be on a ship where it was available. I slept better than ever on Freedom!

thanks so much. In the past I would carry caffeine free on board, but so like the idea of not having to do this. I know I will consume for than I need, as i don't try to drink much at home. But at least it will be caffeine free, and like you I hope to sleep great.

BTW, Royal really needs to work on the grammar in the pic above.

1 DAYS, really. :rolleyes:

Also from Freedom 2008, so much hasn't changed.

cakefixed.jpg

Oh, I forgot this think is one I did a poor attempt at photoshop deleting the S in 100th cruises.

Busy weekend, so I am just now catching up on your cruise. Enjoy. I'm sure I'll see Freedom again in her new home, I'm looking forward to trying a 8 or 9 day cruise.

Edited by BillOh

I ended up spending the afternoons in the Solarium pool. Specifically under the bridge to stay out of the sun. Chatted with lots of fun people.

907cfb7619dce6f8be5088adf9b04b5c.jpg

So I have come to the realization that I may really be a troll after all. :eek:

enhance

I definitely like this spot and the Freedom class Solarium over the Oasis one.