How to book Azamara cruise?

mafig

We have always booked the mass market cruise companies, using a TA to get the best deals.

However, we were looking at Oceania. Upon doing some research I've found that it's best to book through a TA because they offer additional benefits such as more OBC, paid gratuities (sometimes, and I know that Az offers them included), and cashback....new to me, but apparantly common on Oceania).

I just found an interesting cruise on Azamara. How do most of you book to get the most for your $. ? Are the above-mentioned extras available through a TA with Azamara?

:)

Varies. I always price up the cost by doing it direct with Azamara and then get a couple of quotes from TAs then compare before deciding. If the cruise includes taking a long haul flight, them I'm more likely to book direct as I will want to use Avios to upgrade my flights to Business class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi mafig.

As you have previously cruised with Celebrity, I believe that any 'loyalty points' can be used with Azamara.

Also do read the current threads on here, where you will pick up tips on Land Discoveries and On Board Credit.

We always book the whole package through a Travel Agent. Any problems and they are there to help.

I've used travel agents for my cruises since 2000.

However, when I researched Oceania I found there were TAs that gave better deals for Oceania than the TAs I've used in the past. They are members of the "connoiseaur club" (I know I spelled that incorrectly).

So I was wondering if, indeed, there was such a group for Azamara.:)

Booked our first one direct and will never do that again as we had zero in onboard credits. Thanks to the advice of this board, I was prepared to do the second one differently, and booked onboard for those benefits, then transferred to a travel agent when I got home for some additional credit. This board is great :)

I've put this out to bid on that site, and one of them comes back with exclusive amenity package of $..... Is this another way of saying OBC. Or is it something else?

Some TA's will rebate you back 10% of cruise fare for stateroom in the form of OBC. Then there is also some OBC offered from Azamara for select bookings.

Some will give you a cash rebate. Mine does.

Wendy, what percent of the cruise fare (minus taxes and port fees, which are non-commissionable to TAs) does your TA give back to you? I've had the same TA for 20+ years, and I like her, but other than booking the actual cruise (which I'e already selected), I do everything else myself (I book airfare, hotels, and private guides myself). She has a car/limo bring us to and from our home airport (worth about $140) but that's all I get from her. So just wondering?

Wendy, what percent of the cruise fare (minus taxes and port fees, which are non-commissionable to TAs) does your TA give back to you? I've had the same TA for 20+ years, and I like her, but other than booking the actual cruise (which I'e already selected), I do everything else myself (I book airfare, hotels, and private guides myself). She has a car/limo bring us to and from our home airport (worth about $140) but that's all I get from her. So just wondering?

If you are not getting at least 10% of the commissionable, in cash back you can use as you please, you are leaving significant dollars on the table.

If you book in the UK, then you are unlikely to get anything!

We usually get a 10% discount from our TA on commissionable fares for Azamara, it varies by cruise line depending on their percentage commission.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are not getting at least 10% of the commissionable, in cash back you can use as you please, you are leaving significant dollars on the table.

Further to this, I read on CC somewhere (search it) that the average travel agent gets 10-17% of the commissionable fare (which excludes port fees and taxes). The agent typically makes 11% of the fare with the balance of an overall 15-20% commission going to the agent's travel agency. Agents and agencies that do higher volume get the higher end commissions. I'm not trying to squeeze travel agents, but after being loyal to the same agent for over 20 years and all we get are airport transfers worth $140, I asked her if she could do a little better for me and she said she'd have to check with her agency. Ten percent of the commissionable in cash back on our December 2016 Journey cruise would be almost $1400...

And as I said in a prior post, all she does is book it. I figure out what cruise and stateroom I want and handle all the airfare, hotels, private guides, etc., myself.

To those people trying to find the good rebating TA's, it is against CC rules to either ask others to provide those names or for those of us who have these TA's to post any information about these TA's. You simply need to talk to people when you cruise, search on the web for TA's who rebate and be very observant while looking for these TA's where ever you are looking. Can't say more due to CC rules. Good luck and happy searching,