WOW Sale Price Match?

I booked a cruise in Sept. 2017 on the Anthem to Bermuda and saw that RCI has a WOW Sale going on currently. The room rates are not any different - really just a reduced deposit and an OBC offer.

Anyone have experience with calling to 'price match' and get the on board credit offer? Or does this only apply to room rate differentials?

Thanks!

Yes, I just had my TA call a couple of days ago and although the price had not dropped we did get the $100 OBC per cabin. They did not adjust the deposit amount (which would be silly - I already paid it, and I'm going to pay it at final payment if it gets reduced now).

Yeah, a lot of people complain when they can't get a better deal after the final payment time, but, in reality RCI is very fair with their repricing/optioning policies. They will typically give you the better price or perks up until the final payment and even after then give you another room at the better deal if you upgrade and pay a little more.

We've always found them to be really easy to work with and open to helping.

One thing. When they redo it, they have to do it with the current promos and prices. So, for example, if you have $200 OBC before, but the price went down (without OBC) you might lose the OBC. But, if the price drop is good enough you may still come out ahead.

That seems fair.

Tom

Yeah, a lot of people complain when they can't get a better deal after the final payment time, but, in reality RCI is very fair with their repricing/optioning policies. They will typically give you the better price or perks up until the final payment and even after then give you another room at the better deal if you upgrade and pay a little more.

We've always found them to be really easy to work with and open to helping.

One thing. When they redo it, they have to do it with the current promos and prices. So, for example, if you have $200 OBC before, but the price went down (without OBC) you might lose the OBC. But, if the price drop is good enough you may still come out ahead.

That seems fair.

Tom

How do I do this? Does it affect my existing reservation or just add an extra perk?

Yes it coud affect your existing reservation, see above post by tserface

Ah, okay, so I basically have to make a new reservation?

No, you should get the same terms booking a new reservation or modifying an existing reservation. However, if you book new, and cancel the old, you would lose the OBC from booking on board (if you had that), or lose the deposit if you booked on board and took the immediate OBC.

In other words, be very careful when cancelling an existing reservation.

No, you should get the same terms booking a new reservation or modifying an existing reservation. However, if you book new, and cancel the old, you would lose the OBC from booking on board (if you had that), or lose the deposit if you booked on board and took the immediate OBC.

In other words, be very careful when cancelling an existing reservation.

Ok, I thought that maybe I could just add another OBC to my existing reservation, and keep both the price and perks of my current booking.

Ok, I thought that maybe I could just add another OBC to my existing reservation, and keep both the price and perks of my current booking.

Nope, you cannot get the perks of the current promo without risking the loss of the price and perks that you already have.

Even thought there is a subtle difference, it's very much like rebooking (only you get to keep your room and what you've paid so far, etc.) You just have to decide if the new deal is better than what you have already (as two stand alone deals) and switch if it makes sense for you.

It would be unfair to ask for a new price and expect to keep the OBC you got in a different deal or expect a new OBC deal and keep the price you had before. The entire price is made up of all of the costs and components.

We typically just add them all up and see if it's worth changing or not. We've gotten some great upgrades over the years and, sometimes, been glad we booked a long time ago because the prices got worse.

Tom

Nope, you cannot get the perks of the current promo without risking the loss of the price and perks that you already have.

For instance, my Harmony GS is now $1000 high in total and my sold out Adventure GS price is now $1200 lower in total than a JS on the same itinerary. I don't think I'll be making that call.

I booked a cruise in Sept. 2017 on the Anthem to Bermuda and saw that RCI has a WOW Sale going on currently. The room rates are not any different - really just a reduced deposit and an OBC offer.

Anyone have experience with calling to 'price match' and get the on board credit offer? Or does this only apply to room rate differentials?

Thanks!

We ask our TA, or at times directly the line, to handle this with favorable results.