Mitsugirlys FASCINATION with San Juan-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

P8151269%20copy-L.jpg

P8203225%20copy-L.jpg

P8203226%20copy-L.jpg

I seriously hate the way they have letters on this ship instead of numbers. I stayed confused by having to look up where I wanted to go and correspond that to the letter instead of a number.

At first glance, this always looked to me like it said "Samuel" (sorry for the bad photo)

P8151283%20copy-L.jpg

So that's the photo tour of the Fascination. I'm sure I probably missed things, but we spent a lot of time "away" from the ship so...

Yes, it's small, but that means it's super easy to learn your way around and easy to remember how to get to things. I like that.

Yes, it looks "dated", but it's still pretty in its own way. I didn't find anything out of place, dirty, torn, broken. They seriously keep the ship clean and in top shape. I found workers constantly cleaning...especially the glass around the ship. Non-stop cleaning and everyone was so friendly.

I will probably think of other things as my review continues, and I'll throw that in if so.

:)

GOOD BYE SAN JUAN...HELLO FIRST PORT!!!

IMG_5273%20copy-M.jpg

I'm going to stop for now. Next up is ST THOMAS!!! I can't wait to get to the port reviews. But, I have to go do my charting for today still and tomorrow I will need to work on this weeks school work some. If I need a break, I may return.

I hope I haven't lost anyone. I'm trying my best to keep it going the best I can.

Edited by mitsugirly

So that's the photo tour of the Fascination. I'm sure I probably missed things, but we spent a lot of time "away" from the ship so...

Yes, it's small, but that means it's super easy to learn your way around and easy to remember how to get to things. I like that.

Yes, it looks "dated", but it's still pretty in its own way. I didn't find anything out of place, dirty, torn, broken. They seriously keep the ship clean and in top shape. I found workers constantly cleaning...especially the glass around the ship. Non-stop cleaning and everyone was so friendly.

I will probably think of other things as my review continues, and I'll throw that in if so.

:)

GOOD BYE SAN JUAN...HELLO FIRST PORT!!!

Awesome so far! I'm not a fan of the much older ships so I'm looking fwd to seeing how this all pans out! I've got to say that you and your tribe have the same attitude my wife and I have...we're on a cruise and you have to (literally) TRY to ruin it for us, otherwise we're gonna have a great time!

Glad your son is going to be OK. Guess his accident could have been a lot worse than it was, although it certainly was bad enough! :eek:

I enjoyed the ship's tour. I love to see the interiors of all the different ships. :cool:

Now, on to my favorite part of your reviews - the ports! :D

Loved your review, my DW and I did this same intenary on the Valor. Only complaint i had was we checked in early dropped our luggage off, than they couldn't find our luggage till about 10pm than later on we were in the elevator and we found our luggage tag. On a good note they had one of the best strawberry cheesecake and after two years we still can't find as good as the one on the Valor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Still here and unashamedly clicking refresh. Love your reviews for their honesty, warts and all :) Nothing is perfect, but a balanced view is refreshing and frankly, is real life!

LOL, that cracked me up! Glad you're still here.

Awesome so far! I'm not a fan of the much older ships so I'm looking fwd to seeing how this all pans out! I've got to say that you and your tribe have the same attitude my wife and I have...we're on a cruise and you have to (literally) TRY to ruin it for us, otherwise we're gonna have a great time!

Yea, this was definitely a cruise that was picked for the ports and not the ship. We didn't mind the ship at all. There was very little time spent on it, but what time we did spend on it, we enjoyed. Easy to navigate and it never felt very crowded.

I'm still here as well! Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Thanks for sticking around. :)

Glad your son is going to be OK. Guess his accident could have been a lot worse than it was, although it certainly was bad enough!

I enjoyed the ship's tour. I love to see the interiors of all the different ships.

Now, on to my favorite part of your reviews - the ports! :D

Yea, I hate to see my kids hurt but gotta admit, seeing his finger tore up and the bone sticking out makes me miss my days in the ER!! :eek: :o :p

The ports=my favorite too!

Following

Thanks for being here.

Loved your review, my DW and I did this same intenary on the Valor. Only complaint i had was we checked in early dropped our luggage off, than they couldn't find our luggage till about 10pm than later on we were in the elevator and we found our luggage tag. On a good note they had one of the best strawberry cheesecake and after two years we still can't find as good as the one on the Valor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I almost did the Valor from here 2 years ago for my Spring Break cruise and everyone here talked me into the Pride out of Baltimore. It was a great cruise and I got to do a couple of new ports for us that time.

I have only had our luggage missing once and that was scary.

This ice cream guy went up and down the beach all day. He didn't bother anyone and just rang his bell. Like I said, it was HOT out. I can't believe that having the ice cream in a cooler thing like that actually keeps it from melting in this weather. I mean it should be ok for a little while, but I wouldn't think it would last long.

P8140705%20copy-L.jpg

The little "secret" to the non-melting ice cream is that it's not really ice cream. It's more like a sherbet. Usually they have coconut, passion fruit and either pineapple or a mix or two of the three flavors. Also, inside, the cart is a huge block of ice. They are filled with water (not completely as to give some space for expansion) and they are put in huge freezers overnight so the water inside freezes and that is what keeps the sherbets from melting. They are also insulated so the ice inside the cart doesn't melt as fast during the day.

Thank you for all of your pictures of Fascination. As you are already aware, I LOVE this itinerary and would love to do it again. There has been a lot of griping about Fascination, an older and smaller ship, put on the southern itinerary out of San Juan. I will admit, I was disappointed myself and also questioned that move. After seeing your pictures, I actually like what I'm seeing...Fascination is a beautiful ship!!! Jamman54 also had some great pictures of the inside of Fascination as well, but this was before she was moved to the southern itinerary out of San Juan and before I had real interest in her, so I'll be heading back to his review too. :D

Thank you for all of your pictures of Fascination. As you are already aware, I LOVE this itinerary and would love to do it again. There has been a lot of griping about Fascination, an older and smaller ship, put on the southern itinerary out of San Juan. I will admit, I was disappointed myself and also questioned that move. After seeing your pictures, I actually like what I'm seeing...Fascination is a beautiful ship!!! Jamman54 also had some great pictures of the inside of Fascination as well, but this was before she was moved to the southern itinerary out of San Juan and before I had real interest in her, so I'll be heading back to his review too. :D

I'll be going in 2018 with some friends, feel free to crash our party! :cool:

Looking forward to my first time on a Fantasy Class!

Well, I just got a text that my oldest son is in the ER with a dirt bike accident. I'm going to take a break and try to figure out what is going on.

While I'm gone...let me know what you want next

1) The full ship tour

2) Me to finish out our day then the ship tour.

I hope this isn't serious and he will be okay.