Upgrade Fairy

JoRoy218

Was pleasantly surprised yesterday to receive an email re: upgrade offer from Deluxe Balcony to Mini-Suite. Always the skeptic, I checked out the location of the cabin before accepting. Regal Princess and New England, we're ready! Anyone else have the same luck recently?

We are on its Oct 1 sailing. Haven't received any upsell email yet.

Out of 7 cruises (so far) we have had 2 upgrades and 2 upsell offers. One upgrade (our first cruise) we were moved from a poor balcony to a great balcony. The second upgrade we were moved from a forward inside cabin on Crown Princess to a Caribe deck HC balcony cabin. An amazing upgrade.

We declined the first upsell even though it was only something like $100 pp to change from a balcony to a mini as we wanted to keep C752. The aft-facing balcony was something we had booked on purpose and didn't want to lose it. the other upsell we took. We moved from an inside to a window mini.

I won't count on any more upgrades or upsell offers but one never knows... :D

Edited by Thrak

Friends got an upgrade offer today for a Diamond Princess 25-day Beijing-Sydney cruise departing late Oct - Inside to Balcony for $750pp.

I'm sure hoping to get one for our cruise on emerald in Nov :-)

We are on its Oct 1 sailing. Haven't received any upsell email yet.

Princess website currently shows October 1 as completely sold out so maybe they are in the upsell process.

We're on Oct 8 sailing & haven't received any upsell offers either.

We are perfectly fine with our IA inside that we booked 14 months out, but there are a few balcony's available.

Although this happened with another cruiseline (Holland America)....back in December 2014 I booked an inside sideways cabin (I believe it was their 2nd highest cat. inside) for an Alaska Cruise/Tour departing June 2015. In January, the price had dropped $300 each. In February it dropped another $50 each. Within 10 days or so of the cruise I received an upsell offer and snagged a vista suite for $349 each. So, for two dollars less than I originally paid for an inside, I got their highest category vista suite mid-ship.

Edited by jt58203

Out of 7 cruises (so far) we have had 2 upgrades and 2 upsell offers. One upgrade (our first cruise) we were moved from a poor balcony to a great balcony. The second upgrade we were moved from a forward inside cabin on Crown Princess to a Caribe deck HC balcony cabin. An amazing upgrade.

We declined the first upsell even though it was only something like $100 pp to change from a balcony to a mini as we wanted to keep C752. The aft-facing balcony was something we had booked on purpose and didn't want to lose it. the other upsell we took. We moved from an inside to a window mini.

I won't count on any more upgrades or upsell offers but one never knows... :D

We have never been offered an upgrade yet our daughter has been offered 1 upgrade a couple of years ago and 1 upsell last week, as we are cruising with them next year it remains to be seen if we are offered the same, we have been upgraded with P&O twice (almost ELITE)

Was pleasantly surprised yesterday to receive an email re: upgrade offer from Deluxe Balcony to Mini-Suite. Always the skeptic, I checked out the location of the cabin before accepting. Regal Princess and New England, we're ready! Anyone else have the same luck recently?

I got an email for upsell from my guarantee obstructed balcony BY to mini suite $149 per person. Since I am sole occupant it was 200% . 1st I was not going to take it, but giving it some thought I did take the upsell to mid ship Carib deck. Who knows when my guarantee cabin would be assigned, I hate not knowing my cabin location I never reserve a guarantee cabin . The price was right and nothing was available on Emerald deck. I like being on the

Lower decks I am doing a B2B , this leg is only 5 days Canada & New England. Next leg is 10 days Caribbean NY to Fla obstructed balcony aft

It will all work as long as there is no bad Atlantic weather in Oct.

I got an upsell e-mail offer today but the phone was busy & all i could do was leave a message. Probs a good thing because i dont know what to do. Owners suite for $629 pp. Its a lot of money (& who know if its still available) but the aft location to me is so tempting. it would be a terrific surprise for my husband but again i was just able to leave a message & maybe thats a good thing. What do people think? forgot to say its the Royal Princess 10 day cruise.

Edited by Marlenascruising

I got an upsell e-mail offer today but the phone was busy & all i could do was leave a message. Probs a good thing because i dont know what to do. Owners suite for $629 pp. Its a lot of money (& who know if its still available) but the aft location to me is so tempting. it would be a terrific surprise for my husband but again i was just able to leave a message & maybe thats a good thing. What do people think? forgot to say its the Royal Princess 10 day cruise.

Don't worry someone will call you back

I left a message and princess called me back at 8pm EDT, the nite I left the message.

I left a message and princess called me back at 8pm EDT, the nite I left the message.

Thanks but forgot to say it was forwarded from TA so original e-mail was sent yesterday. Would you take the offer??? lol i already talked myself into taking the offer if they call. There were 2 kind of suites offered, but if the owner's suite is still available then yeah I have to :D

Edited by Marlenascruising

We turned down an upsell offer and still received a nice upgrade--albeit not as nice as the offer would have been. We were offered the upgrade from a Cat. BF guarantee to a suite. We ended up getting an accessible Cat. BB. Second leg of our b2b we ended up receiving a Cat. B2 on the Caribe Deck for our BF guarantee.

Ron,

Maybe i am missing something but how did you already get upsells for your 3 2017 cruises? It is not usually done until about 14 - 30 days out.

That did concern me a bit. I just hope that it was not a "fishing line" and that the final pricing of the suites will come down to, or lower than, the net upsell price .Time will tell if it was just a marketing ploy.:D

• 1 month later...

Cabin assigned! For our Regal Christmas cruise we booked a BY obstructed balcony guarantee at a fantastic price. Today we were assigned a deluxe balcony, mid-aft, Marina deck(M617). We are close to the stairs(which we love to take), launderette, and are thrilled to have a couch. I also love the idea of being just one floor up to the Outrigger Bar. I may pack some ear plugs in case the Horizon is a problem.

Marie

Cabin assigned! For our Regal Christmas cruise we booked a BY obstructed balcony guarantee at a fantastic price. Today we were assigned a deluxe balcony, mid-aft, Marina deck(M617). We are close to the stairs(which we love to take), launderette, and are thrilled to have a couch. I also love the idea of being just one floor up to the Outrigger Bar. I may pack some ear plugs in case the Horizon is a problem.

Marie

Yay! Congrats, that sounds like a really nice room! Good call on the earplugs though. But that's so cool you got such a nice location too.

We have never been offered an upgrade yet our daughter has been offered 1 upgrade a couple of years ago and 1 upsell last week, as we are cruising with them next year it remains to be seen if we are offered the same, we have been upgraded with P&O twice (almost ELITE)

We have just got our cabin assignment for xmas and still in an inside but upgraded 4 levels.:)

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you for Norway but you can drink your wine and enjoy the views in ours if not.:D