Doing 1 speciality dining restaurant on Equinox, what would you pick?

mikeysed

Hi all,

We have done Qsine on Reflection with a group which was excellent and will be doing 1 specialty dining restaurant on our soon-upcoming cruise on Equinox.

We are not picky eaters and love all food types. We live in North NJ, so we have some of the best restaurants around (from steakhouses to Italian and everything in between both in NJ and NYC).

We are looking to do specialty dining 1 night. Out of the 3 specialty restaurants (Silk Harvest, Tuscan, Murano) what would you recommend?

I know I will be the one eating and paying (using OBC), but since we like all types, would love to know who have eaten at multiple and if they were to choose just 1, what one would they pick?

Thanks,

Mike

For a fun meal, QSine would be my choice....good food served in creative ways. Murano has very good food, served in a continental manor...very different atmosphere. Tuscan Grill, to us, falls somewhere between the two...I've never had a great meal there, but it's definitely higher quality than the MDR/Blu. Nicest view of any of the specialty restaurants...but you aren't eating view.

We've tried Silk Harvest twice and will not eat there again...note: I enjoy cooking, especially asian cooking and IMHO, Silk Harvest is highly americanized asian food prepared, in some cases, well in advance and not cooked or prepared to order). I'd really suggest avoiding it and eating asian food in your home town....not worth any extra cost, at least to us. (Our worst experience was the sushi rolls with disgustingly soggy Nori wrapping, clearly made much earlier in the day and refrigerated until serving....just awful).

Haven't been on Equinox in 5 years but...

If I was to do one, I'd do Murano. It feels more like a special event for us with many dishes we normally don't typically get to try based on the restaurants we frequent. But it can feel a bit stuffy as others have mentioned.

I like Tuscan Grill too. A lot of the dishes you can eat anywhere but I still enjoy the whole meal experience there: a little antipasto to start, nice view out the aft of the ship, etc.

Silk Harvest would be our bottom choice and we likely would not eat there again. Glad I tried it but the flavours weren't there for us. FWIW, the maître d' while checking up on tables, came by to asked us how the food was. When could tell that we weren't very enthused, he explained that some of the flavours were toned down for a more broader appeal.

This is going to be a very subjective topic.

Silk Harvest was my least favorite. I found the flavors as Americanized Asian food. The quality of the meat was not very good with a lot of gristle. Sushi is also no longer available here as it's been reallocated to Sushi on 5.

Tuscan was ok but has the best ambience with the glass windows to the stern of the ship.

I would go with Murano if it were one speciality restaurant. The flavors, preparation of some meals table side, and warm plates make it a unique experience. Just don't get the two-top near the curtained windows as it has horrible vibrations from the ship.

Without a doubt, Murano. The food and ambience is wonderful and equivalent to any four star restaurant in NYC.

The steaks in Tuscan Grill, imho, are just okay. Do not expect the quality of Ruth's Chris or The Palm; more like a tourist steak restaurant near Times Square.

The dishes at Silk Harvest are as authentic as La Choy is. Think more chop suey than true Asian dishes. You can get the same quality in the Oceanview Cafe.

I was on Equinox in January, 2016.

Of the 3 specialty restaurants onboard, I enjoyed Silk Harvest the most....

I have to agree - have dined in all the variations of speciality restaurants celebrity has and thought silk harvest was so nice on the Equinox. Not that I have any issue with anywhere else but (for me) felt the least pretentious.

Talking of yummy food, I'm missing my mast grill cheese burgers already - roll on Reflection next summer.......

Dover Sole, as suggested, is perhaps the single most talked about specialty meal on the ship. Murano's service is excellent, but be prepared for a very non-rushed experience.

Any pics, what exactly is their "Dover Sole"?

Hi all,

We have done Qsine on Reflection with a group which was excellent and will be doing 1 specialty dining restaurant on our soon-upcoming cruise on Equinox.

We are not picky eaters and love all food types. We live in North NJ, so we have some of the best restaurants around (from steakhouses to Italian and everything in between both in NJ and NYC).

We are looking to do specialty dining 1 night. Out of the 3 specialty restaurants (Silk Harvest, Tuscan, Murano) what would you recommend?

I know I will be the one eating and paying (using OBC), but since we like all types, would love to know who have eaten at multiple and if they were to choose just 1, what one would they pick?

Thanks,

Mike

I'd suggest either Murano or Tuscan Grill depending on what you are looking for and how big your party is.

For an intimate "date night", you can't beat Murano. It's pretty small and the menu is wonderful. I'd suggest ordering one of the meals finished table side (lobster, dover sole or Chateaubriand) for a nice treat.

On the other hand, you can't beat the Tuscan Grill for the view. I've always requested a windowside table and enjoyed the view. The food is good, but similar to what you could get at an upscale Italian place. This can be a nice date night or a lot of fun for a larger group. BTW, they also have a few after dinner drink options that I did not see elsewhere onboard. The limoncello was enjoyed by my wife while I loved the grappa.

We have dined at each of the Equinox restaurants several times and always had excellent food and service. If you are only dining in one I would go for Murano's.

It isn't just about the food, it is about the ambiance, the theatre of table side preparation, the leisurely non rushed service....after many Murano meals on several ships we always still see it as a 'special' evening.

We tend to always make a real night of our Murano evenings. We will keep to a small lunch, enjoy a light and refreshing aperitif pre dinner, take our time dining finishing with leisurely coffees and liqueurs....

Whatever restaurant you choose I hope you enjoy!

Acknowledging that the food will not come within a hairs breadth of being as super-fantastic as anything you can get in your home area.....:rolleyes:

...I would go with Tuscan Grille for the great location and view if you are lucky enough to get a table right by the window. We had two excellent meals there - once as we cruised up the shoreline of Macedonia, and once as we sailed away from Lisbon.

The food in Murano is good...but I felt like I was in I Dream of Jeannie's bottle. and Silk Harvest is ok, but I'd rather go to P F Chang on land. :p:p:p:p

Question: Tuscan Grill, Murano, Qsine, Silk Harvest are the names, I believe of specialty restaurants on all Solstice Class ships. Comments provided seemed to be in response to the OP's question regarding Celebrity Equinox. Would these comments apply also to all the same name restaurants on all Solstice Class ships or is there a difference, let's say between Murano on Equinox versus Murano on Solstice etc?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on Equinox in January, 2016.

Of the 3 specialty restaurants onboard, I enjoyed Silk Harvest the most....

We second this! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:D

We had a group of 12 go in 2014, and 23 last Nov.

We did dine in Tuscan 2x, the beef Tartar is one of the best appetizer's we have had. And 2x in Murano.

Silk is just that tad different, oh, the good is outstanding too.

image.jpg.678fbd6f9191d794ba1b0a860a232c0a.jpg