Checking in for flight home

We'll be taking our first cruise, Sept 5-16, on Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas. We are not buying the internet package. Is there a way to check in with the airline for our flight home without having to pay for internet service? We'll be docking in Venice the afternoon before departure, so what is the probability that we can find free wifi off the ship to be able to check-in?

Thanks! Yes, it is a round trip booking with Air Canada. I did a little more searching on their page, and it does say we can check in up to an hour before our flight. We plan to be at the airport a few hours in advance, so that should be no problem. I guess I'm just used to having internet access and checking in in advance.

In the morning, simply check in on your phone...you can print a boarding pass when you get to the airport!

Once you're back in your home port, there won't be "roaming" charges on your phone...you'll be back on land-based towers.

The OP is in Venice...not in the US, or in the OP's case, Canada. So an international plan, or expensive data roaming would be required.

Correct, CruiserBruce. I'm from the US, but flying Air Canada to Venice, Italy where the cruise will start and finish. To all, I appreciate your input, and good ideas. I'm sure we'll have no issues, I'm just getting anxious to have my ducks in a row, now that we are only a few days away from travelling!

Correct, CruiserBruce. I'm from the US, but flying Air Canada to Venice, Italy where the cruise will start and finish. To all, I appreciate your input, and good ideas. I'm sure we'll have no issues, I'm just getting anxious to have my ducks in a row, now that we are only a few days away from travelling!

Good luck. My last reply was to a less than trustworthy post...wanted to make sure you didn't get led astray, as that poster has been known to do.

2 hrs and Venice is easy to go in and out of. If you are going to LIPZ (Marco Polo there are only 10 flights an hour 5 in 5 out so it's reasonably quiet. Rouge flys a 767 in and out of there. (Nice size) Shouldn't be too crowded. I have a flight tracking program so can check any airport in the world. The airport is on main land in Tessera not on the island but there are shuttles, cabs and Cruise line busses allso. Don't stress. It's all easy as you land at 7 in the morning so you ahve some time to tour Vencie. Don't pay full price for the Gondola, don't turn your back on anyone. always stand in a V, behind and with your wife if you can, pickpockets are rampant. They try to prey on women with pocketbooks with straps. Carry all papers, $ CC and ID under your shirt in a fanny pack in front. OOPS I think hes half way there now.

Edited by WupperAV

2 hrs and Venice is easy to go in and out of. If you are going to LIPZ (Marco Polo there are only 10 flights an hour 5 in 5 out so it's reasonably quiet. Rouge flys a 767 in and out of there. (Nice size) Shouldn't be too crowded. I have a flight tracking program so can check any airport in the world. The airport is on main land in Tessera not on the island but there are shuttles, cabs and Cruise line busses allso. Don't stress. It's all easy as you land at 7 in the morning so you ahve some time to tour Vencie. Don't pay full price for the Gondola, don't turn your back on anyone. always stand in a V, behind and with your wife if you can, pickpockets are rampant. They try to prey on women with pocketbooks with straps. Carry all papers, $ CC and ID under your shirt in a fanny pack in front. OOPS I think hes half way there now.

Lots of good advice. But OP is already on the ship.