Tongue-in-cheek: all new "I/S" cat inside SUITE?

fann1sh

I love my inside cabins, especially those lower prom cat "I" midship insides. (Thanks so much, RuthC!)

Of course I love Neptune suites, too. But these days I have less occasion to book them. It seems a waste of money for a solo. (IMO:YMMV)

But, if they build a Pinnacle class sister ship for Konigsdam: what about a new category? The I/S inside suite! Located where there were formerly 2 or 3 inside J cabins, adjacent to the Neptune lounge!

All the perks of a Neptune suite, without the balcony. Because even suite balconies are shrinking, and virtual windows are the next thing. LOL!

Depending on price point, anyone interested?

Edited by fann1sh

An interesting idea, but I wonder how much demand there would be for such a room. I suppose if they had connecting inside rooms they could remove the beds from one and add a sofa & table & chairs to make it a sitting room without too much expense. It could even be a "convertible" room, depending on the length of the cruise. Personally, I've got to have a window! :)

You may well be correct about lack of demand, jtl513: I expected more response, even if it was to laugh about this notion. (...and: "Hi" to you and Carol!)

Frank and Loren - what does it say about my age that I remember cabins like that!?!

But, with the return of solo cabins on Konigsdam, I thought there was more interest in Seattle in appealing to solo cruisers. On this board, I thought there would be more interest in an upscale solo.

In 2018, I could book Konigsdam for 10 days:

* in an inside J for $1,900; or an I for $2,300;

* an outside C for $2,300 - same price as that inside I!;

* a solo outside for $2,900 - and IMO that's an ugly price for cabins that would be a "G" on older ships;

* a verandah for $4,500, plus or minus, depending on sub-category;

* a Vista for $7,000;

* a Signature for $9,000;

* a Neptune for $11,000.

If there was an option for a SI = 2 J but with Neptune amenities?

I'd seriously consider it if it were priced around $4,500.

That's more than 2 J with solos in them.

I value highly two Neptune amenities: breakfast service in the Pinnacle (or alternate); and the services of the concierge.

Yes, stewards and other helpful HAL employees *should* be able to provide muscle and other assistance to make me comfortable. But the concierges make it seem like magic, with no standing in line at the Front Desk.

This would be, for me, akin to the "priceless" of those credit card ads.

So, that's my pitch. YMMV!

Edited by fann1sh

I love my inside cabins, especially those lower prom cat "I" midship insides. (Thanks so much, RuthC!)

Of course I love Neptune suites, too. But these days I have less occasion to book them. It seems a waste of money for a solo. (IMO:YMMV)

But, if they build a Pinnacle class sister ship for Konigsdam: what about a new category? The I/S inside suite! Located where there were formerly 2 or 3 inside J cabins, adjacent to the Neptune lounge!

All the perks of a Neptune suite, without the balcony. Because even suite balconies are shrinking, and virtual windows are the next thing. LOL!

If there is no balcony, I won't even consid No that I er it but i APPLAUD YOU thinking gTHE issue through and trying to findalernatives for us who are now solos b ut are accustomed gto Neptunes./c abins with veandahsaSWW MUCH As I always loved our verafah and DH AN i USED THEM, i WANT ant ut as much as e4ver if not more.

Edited by sail7seas

Not I, sorry. The only thing I would like about a Neptune is the balcony. So, without that, I see no reason to pay the extra freight for an inside suite.

I never get up early enough that I would eat breakfast in the Pinnacle. I never "stand" in line at the Front Desk, as I am 1.) on my scooter, so no standing, and 2.) go when there's no line, so no waiting. I don't need any late afternoon snacks, as lunch is sometime after 2:00. If I really, really need a bite, there's a cookie somewhere besides the Neptune.

I do love the idea of the extra room that your inside suite idea provides, but it's not worth a lot of extra money to me.

We like our cabins to be inside, low, and amidships. I have often joked I will never been in a suite unless it meets my three criteria.

I would like HAL to amend some inside cabins for solo occupancy as follows: Remove one bed, add a recliner and a bar fridge in place of the second bed:) I'm still thinking what they could put in place of the sofa.