Live from the Anthem of the wavy seas - Sept 3rd, 5 nights

lor74

I did the Ripcord. Short version...cool thing to do, but 1.5hrs for 1 minute experience...would not do it again. It is sunny so far. As per most sea days heading home, it is windy, and the waves are getting bigger the closer we get. Had a fast bite for breakfast. Looking forward to fries at lunch. Off to the pool....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I have done the iFly on Quantum and both times on the Anthem. I would not hesitate to to it again - at no charge! We had so much fun - and were albel to photograph and video each other. There are iFly facilities in Chicago and they are pricey. The opportunity to do iFly is a great extra benefit for cruisers on Quantum class ships.

I am sitting on the balcony taking in the remaining hours of the cruise. It is currently very comfortable outside, with calm seas. There is a lightening storm happening out in the distance, which is cool to watch...we are not going in that direction [emoji106]🏻. My body is not very happy with me today, as I have gone very off schedule. I did not do any exercise, and with early reservations, did not eat at normal times. Breakfast was late because of Ripcord, then I had lunch at 12pm. The afternoon was partially spent in line at guest services to pay off my folio, and also at the pool. The deck cleared out early, as the wind kept getting stronger....thankfully the conditions got a lot better as we changed direction. I had a roast beef sandwich from 270 in the late afternoon. We had 6:30pm reservations for We Will Rock You. This was the most enjoyable show I have seen at sea in a while...I grew up listening to Queen. After the show, we went to the Windjammer to get in a quick bite before they closed. I only had a small plate of food, but they had a cake showcase going on....oh my, look at all those cakes, and all that chocolate! 3 slices later.....like I said, my body is [emoji35]. I am not getting on the scale tomorrow!

Tomorrow we will be doing early walk off. We are spending another night in NJ, and plan on spending the day in NY.

Ro and I are both of the opinion that this has been a good cruise. There were some minor annoyances along the way, and of course "that day", but overall there was nothing to complain about, and we both relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. RCCL in general is not our first choice when it comes to cruising, but I would go back on this ship again under the correct circumstances.

Thanks for following along, and happy cruising to all. Be back in January in the Princess forum [emoji41]

Thank you so much for your great, honest review! You had us checking the forums on a near-constant basis, waiting for your regular updates. Each time we saw you post, it was a YES!! moment while we anxiously opened our app to read about your latest adventure.

We're glad your cruise turned out positive (even with all those cake slices!!!) and we hope you have a great rest of trip in NY and would like to wish you safe travels back home. We're going to miss your wonderful style of writing!!! [emoji177]

We're going on Anthem is just 52 days. Our bodies will definitely be [emoji35] with us after 12 nights on board!! Lol

Take care!!

Glen and Laurie

I am sitting on the balcony taking in the remaining hours of the cruise. It is currently very comfortable outside, with calm seas. There is a lightening storm happening out in the We had 6:30pm reservations for

Just arrived at our hotel. It took 1hr in rush hour traffic to go 20km. It is going to be a very hot day walking around NY! Even though we arrived late, it was easy doing the self walk off. There was a long line to disembark, but it moved quickly, and we walked off at 8am. We cleared customs and had the car ready to go, hitting the highway at 8:30am.

Just arrived at our hotel. It took 1hr in rush hour traffic to go 20km. It is going to be a very hot day walking around NY! Even though we arrived late, it was easy doing the self walk off. There was a long line to disembark, but it moved quickly, and we walked off at 8am. We cleared customs and had the car ready to go, hitting the highway at 8:30am.

have enjoyed your honest review… And glad you're safely back on land hope you enjoy your day in NYC… I'm curious what your 'first choice' of Cruise lines is if you would share that.

I've been on about 20 ships and various cruise lines ....haven't found a favorite yet… Guess I'll keep trying!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, enjoyed reading the review. This reminds me I need to take a better attitude like you when things don't happen so perfectly. Seems to me, 5 days is too short especially losing a day (or more) like you did. Glad you enjoyed it and have a great day in NYC.

Beautiful pic of sunrise and view! love it.

We were supposed to be back in Bayonne at 5:30am. It is now 6:48am, and we are still making our approach to the terminal.

I was also on this cruise. The captain said we should be at the Pilot Station at 5:30 and hit Bayonne at 7. Passengers would be let off ship about 7:30. They made good on those times.

I hope you enjoy New York. It is a great City! I also agree that although things didn't go perfect, it was still better than being at work!

Yes, the Netflix was the hotel...

Arb3...thanks for the update...we sure were off the ship right on time!

Our favourite line is Princess. We feel they are unique in offering a product that is not as "family" as RCCL/NCL/Carnival, and not as mature as Celebrity. We always feel "at home" on a Princess cruise.

We walked 15km today....OMG, it was way too hot for 20,000 steps....I don't know how many L of water I lost....did my best to keep my fluids replenished with pizza sauce [emoji13]

Back home now....back to reality [emoji22]. Just got off the phone with MasterCard, it looks like someone from the the terminal/RCCL used my card for fraud. Several online purchases while I was at sea. I need a vacation! [emoji13]

Back home now....back to reality [emoji22]. Just got off the phone with MasterCard, it looks like someone from the the terminal/RCCL used my card for fraud. Several online purchases while I was at sea. I need a vacation! [emoji13]

How does the credit card company know the card was used in the terminal? (what is there to buy in the terminal?)

Did you have it in your hand for any reason?

It started being used fraudulently after I boarded. They took it as the credit card on account for the cabin. There were 2 charges from RCCL that showed up on my transaction history totalling around $100, that were dropped. Then a bunch of online purchases....and to top it all off, I was also charged for a mini bar purchase that I did not make, after I got off the ship.

It started being used fraudulently after I boarded. They took it as the credit card on account for the cabin. There were 2 charges from RCCL that showed up on my transaction history totalling around $100, that were dropped. Then a bunch of online purchases....and to top it all off, I was also charged for a mini bar purchase that I did not make, after I got off the ship.

Good thing you noticed the charges when you got back. in addition to speaking with your credit card company did you call Royal? (ps - very strange it was a combination of charges on ship and off....)

Will be calling RCCL later today. The card was not physically stolen, but someone took a note of the number and address to use for online purchases. Can't say for sure where, it is either from the hotel or the terminal. The charges started after boarding. There is zero liability, so it's is just a nuisance. A new card is in the mail.