Live from the Anthem of the wavy seas - Sept 3rd, 5 nights

lor74

It has been a rough day to say the least. The weather got progressively worse, and we eventually both succumbed to the seas. When the map showed 100 knot winds, I said hello to the throne. The pain in my stomach was pretty intense. The crazy thing of it all, is that while in the act of losing my breakfast, I was actually thinking about how this will not deter me at all from cruising. It is just "part of the job"

They announced that because so many passengers where in their cabins, that the pay per view movies are free today. The Crown & Anchor event has been postponed. My stomach is still upset. I am in bed watching The Avengers.

ae3f49cd098d769dcd325afe32376e66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by lor74

Hermine's current location based on the 2 pm advisory from the NHC: 37.2 N 69.3 W so the Anthem is NE of the center of the storm.

Which is where you don't want to be. If the storm had done what it was forecast to, they would be in smoother seas and probably south of it by now. While I'm glad the storm didn't come back in because we're heading to the beach tomorrow, it's made for a rougher ride for Anthem.

We did 30 ft seas and about 90+ mph winds on Grandeur in March 2014. It's not a fun ride and it lasted for about 12 hours. In our case there were 3 low pressure systems in the Atlantic, including one that had produced a snowstorm for the mid-atlantic. We were headed back to Baltimore and fortunately the storms were moving faster than us so our seas settled down for our last sea day. Anthem should see calmer seas once they pass Hermine.

Edited by BND

Holy Cow. :eek: Stay safe. We are all glued to your thread.

Yes, we're glued. Thank you for posting while under unpleasant conditions, 'cause we all want to know what's going on. Once you're feeling better we are looking forward to hearing that you're having the time of your lives, enjoying delicious food!!! You'll be hungry.

What are the wave heights listed at?

Here's the marine forecast for that region of the Atlantic:

TODAY E TO SE WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

TONIGHT SE WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 17 TO 32 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

MON S TO SE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

MON NIGHT S WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

Hopefully, conditions will improve as you progress.

It has been a rough day to say the least. The weather got progressively worse, and we eventually both succumbed to the seas. When the map showed 100 knot winds, I said hello to the throne. The pain in my stomach was pretty intense. The crazy thing of it all, is that while in the act of losing my breakfast, I was actually thinking about how this will not deter me at all from cruising. It is just "part of the job"

They announced that because so many passengers where in their cabins, that the pay per view movies are free today. The Crown & Anchor event has been postponed. My stomach is still upset. I am in bed watching The Avengers.

ae3f49cd098d769dcd325afe32376e66.jpg

Sorry you're not feeling well and hope you'll feel better soon.

We have friends on board and he just sent me a picture. Looks like the seas have calmed down and the sun is coming out.

Anthem_zpslmaaenlc.jpg

Here's the marine forecast for that region of the Atlantic:

TODAY E TO SE WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

TONIGHT SE WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 17 TO 32 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

MON S TO SE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

MON NIGHT S WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

Hopefully, conditions will improve as you progress.

Just took these screenshots off of the WeatherUnderground Storm app, Bermuda is below and the the right of center (the little light-blue ridge)...

28833896654_a0beb08644_c.jpg

29423717526_77448ec0d7_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

We had muster at 3:30 and have just sailed under the bridge (4.15pm). The captain said we would go North East to get around the bad weather on our way to Bermuda. He said to expect rough seas tomorrow. I am thinking of going to the gym now. We have 6:30pm reservations at the American Icon Grill.

Please excuse all typos, as this is coming from my iPhone.

I was in NYC yesterday. We went over to Governors Island and had a great view of Anthem at the pier in NJ. As I was looking at her I couldn't help but wonder what the weather had in store for her this week.

Ro is getting ready to go and eat. She recovers much faster than me from puking. We both got smashed on our bachelor parties. She vomited and the went out for cheesecake. I was carried to the couch and dry heaved for 2 hrs straight the next day. She is much stronger!

Ro is getting ready to go and eat. She recovers much faster than me from puking. We both got smashed on our bachelor parties. She vomited and the went out for cheesecake. I was carried to the couch and dry heaved for 2 hrs straight the next day. She is much stronger!

Hope you're better soon too! :)

TMI..........lol JK.

Just because RO recovers faster, does not mean she is stronger. Hubby is a wuss when it comes to vomiting, me not so much.

Now slam both our fingers in a door, and let's see who the wuss is:eek: I can tell you it would be me....lol

Hope you feel better :)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

You made the news. Fox News Channel just had a quick headline and comments about your rough journey. Hope you don't have any more newsworthy seas. Be safe.

Geezzzz. This ship has made the news more than any other ship in recent times...and how old is the Anthem? :eek:

Haha! Love it.

ATTAGIRL, Ro!! :p