Live from the Anthem of the wavy seas - Sept 3rd, 5 nights

lor74

Will be calling RCCL later today. The card was not physically stolen, but someone took a note of the number and address to use for online purchases. Can't say for sure where, it is either from the hotel or the terminal. The charges started after boarding. There is zero liability, so it's is just a nuisance. A new card is in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had it happen to me after trip to Nashville used the card once in 6 months and 2 weeks later got a call from bank telling me they had frozen the card due to unusual transactions. They took a couple of weeks to use it.

Glad you ended up having a good cruise I am on the Anthem next month.

That didn't look any worse than some of the storms I've been in on Jewel of the Seas (10/29/11) and Explorer of the Seas (11/1/2014)- and I never felt like my life was in jeopardy or unsafe in any way. I held on for dear life to keep from falling out of bed a few times, but it was more fun than dangerous! The ship rocks and rolls in high seas and people get sick. The ship rocks and rolls in not-so-high seas and people also get sick. The ship doesn't rock or roll at all and people get sick.

She's a drama queen and looking for attention and sympathy - and probably on her way to the lawyer from the airport. Don't you think it was kind of ironic that the news media was there at the airport as she got off the plane?

I know people like that (my sister, a couple neighbors) who think they can get something for nothing at every turn. I just shake my head!

Edited by Croozin Soozin

That didn't look any worse than some of the storms I've been in on Jewel of the Seas (10/29/11) and Explorer of the Seas (11/1/2014)- and I never felt like my life was in jeopardy or unsafe in any way. I held on for dear life to keep from falling out of bed a few times, but it was more fun than dangerous! The ship rocks and rolls in high seas and people get sick. The ship rocks and rolls in not-so-high seas and people also get sick. The ship doesn't rock or roll at all and people get sick.

She's a drama queen and looking for attention and sympathy - and probably on her way to the lawyer from the airport. Don't you think it was kind of ironic that the news media was there at the airport as she got off the plane?

I know people like that (my sister, a couple neighbors) who think they can get something for nothing at every turn. I just shake my head!

That's what I think too. I'd like to get the OP's thoughts as well

Edited by VASOXFANN

She makes me embarrassed to be a Canadian it looks like the seas when I was on the Breakaway in January sure it rocked and rolled and yes people do get sick but no you are not in any danger. She's looking for some sort of a payout which hopefully she won't get as it will just encourage others.

Also embarrassed to be Canadian. As far as I am concerned, the captain did a great job trying to avoid the weather, and keeping us informed. Unfortunately, the storm had moved north with us. We were never in any danger, and the waves were not even close to the height this woman reported. With 5000 passengers, even with slight motion on a sunny day, you will have some people take a fall...especially seniors. On that day, if you were lucky enough not to be sick, it would have been quite foolish to move around the ship without being cautious. 12 hours of waves, is hardly "the cruise from hell". The next day in Bermuda, and the journey home was smooth sailing....staying in a hotel and flying home....complete idiocy!

I do fully understand however, if this was your first cruise and you got sick, that you might be inclined to never cruise again.......but why would you do anything of this nature for the first time without knowing what you are possibly getting into!

Edited by lor74

Guest maddycat
Just got off with customer service. The mini bar charge is being refunded, and a note was made regarding the credit card. Back to reality and work tomorrow....the next cruise cannot come fast enough!!!

Did you actually use your credit card at check in at Cape Liberty? I put my credit card information in when I do the online check in and didn't have to give anyone my card at the terminal. Did you use your card in Bermuda or anywhere else in NJ?

Also embarrassed to be Canadian. As far as I am concerned, the captain did a great job trying to avoid the weather, and keeping us informed. Unfortunately, the storm had moved north with us. We were never in any danger, and the waves were not even close to the height this woman reported. With 5000 passengers, even with slight motion on a sunny day, you will have some people take a fall...especially seniors. On that day, if you were lucky enough not to be sick, it would have been quite foolish to move around the ship without being cautious. 12 hours of waves, is hardly "the cruise from hell". The next day in Bermuda, and the journey home was smooth sailing....staying in a hotel and flying home....complete idiocy!

I do fully understand however, if this was your first cruise and you got sick, that you might be inclined to never cruise again.......but why would you do anything of this nature for the first time without knowing what you are possibly getting into!

Thanks (you too girlcruiser) for posting your thoughts. I agree completely!

Did you actually use your credit card at check in at Cape Liberty? I put my credit card information in when I do the online check in and didn't have to give anyone my card at the terminal. Did you use your card in Bermuda or anywhere else in NJ?

I had registered the card online in advance, but I was still asked to show it in the terminal. After that, the card never left my wallet/safe. I paid my statement in cash.

I had registered the card online in advance, but I was still asked to show it in the terminal. After that, the card never left my wallet/safe. I paid my statement in cash.

We did not have to show a credit card when we checked in for the same sailing. I offered the credit card since it is swiped at all other ports we have sailed from and was told she did not need it. I wonder if you found someone with a skimmer.

Enjoyed reading your reports lor74 ... thanks!

Here's a follow-up video ... http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/tropical-storm-turns-family-cruise-into-a-nightmare-1.3066586 ...

Why should Royal Caribbean pay her off they didn't ask her to get off and stay in a hotel... CTV should do a little more research before they post things like this

Glad you made it home OK. My credit card seems to get stolen on a yearly basis now. Most of the time after I visit a hotel. Thankfully they always refund the fraudulent charges. Biggest pain for me is changing all the bills I auto pay using the card (need to get travel points).

As far as the chip, you are supposed to use a PIN along with the card. I am not aware of anyone doing that in the US, so it really isn't any more secure.

FWIW - I didn't have to show the card at the Pier. I registered online and all my charges on the cruise were charged to the card.

Why should Royal Caribbean pay her off they didn't ask her to get off and stay in a hotel... CTV should do a little more research before they post things like this

The original interview was done at Pearson's by Global TV when she got off the plane --- I have no idea how they met her there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=gbcoOCVkkwA&a=&app=desktop

Wonder why they should up??

This might not sound right but it works. If you can get some alcohol wipes open one up when you start to feel like your going to get sick. Take it and smell it with a few good breaths. It will reset the receptors in the brain and you won't get sick.

I'm just now seeing your response. Wow, I've never heard of this solution to motion sickness. I'll keep this one in mind, thanks for sharing.