Live from the Anthem of the wavy seas - Sept 3rd, 5 nights

lor74

Woke up to much smoother sailing. Forgot to change clocks, time to get up! I find the bed and pillows to be very uncomfortable...too firm. After being in bed for 20hrs, my lower back is quite sore. On a normal day like this, I would be running and doing laps before breakfast. Today we headed straight to the Windjammer for some food. There are some runners on the track...I am jealous. The pools have been drained. We had a bite and then remembered we have Northstar reservations for 9am. They are doing tests, and there is a door sensor issue. See how long it takes....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just started following along and all I can say is, WOW! So glad you are experiencing better seas this morning. Congrats on your weight loss! I am on my own journey and I love hearing about success stories! Can't wait to see what the rest of your cruise brings!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Gotta say - I love this thread.

Thank you for taking the time to update everyone on what is going on.

My wife and I have this exact same cruise booked for next year (Sept 9 2017) and she's a bit worried about taking the trip given what she saw on the news about your trip, AND the fact that its right around Hurricane Season.

I'd like to think that it's all dumb luck - but for the money we're spending, this would be awful (though it would deter us from going on another one in the future).

Hopefully the weather has turned for the better for you all - stay safe - and congratulations on your lifestyle change. I'm hoping to do the same by the time we board next year!

6a9127fa8ea73c4bd093a2420c251801.jpg

Glad to see the seas have flattened out.

When we were on the Zenith during Hurricane Edouard, we were bobbing in the ocean for 48 hours in a ship half the size. During the second night, the ship turned on its side and Candi rolled out of bed onto the floor with all the stuff on the desk falling on top of her. People grabbed their life jackets and were preparing to abandon ship. There was no announcement from the bridge for a half an hour. Scary. The ship looked like it was picked up and shaken like a mixmaster. It's amazing we still cruise.

Northstar:

We both were sure that we had 9am reservations today. We got there at 8:30am, and shortly there after the techs came and started testing. It was around 9:30am when they were open for business. I was the first person to arrive in the area, and as others arrived, a crew member started answering people's questions, but there was no line or anything like that. I had asked her if our reservation was guaranteed to get us on the 9am group. She said yes. At some point a line formed and I went from being the first person there to 30th. The device only takes 14 people at a time, for a 12 minute ride. I was a little upset about being misinformed, as the attraction is over booked by 30 minutes, and I would have only been in the 3rd group. She knew we had been there early, and was nice enough to put us in the front of group 2.....but then she couldn't find our reservation! The calendar section of the app has not been working for me since yesterday, so I could not even confirm it. She manually added us to the list. There were other people who had print outs of their reservation, but we're also not on the list...they were not happy. We finally get up there, and we are on our approach to king's Wharf. The ride is very smooth, but quite underwhelming. It looks nice, but 2 minutes would have been enough. I am happy I did it so that I do not need to even think about it on future cruises. Overall, it was a waste of almost 2hrs of the morning. Ro is happy to now be in the sun. The main pool is being filled, but the indoor pool is still empty. I am relaxing in the shade. Looking forward to a dip.

We were told that the Ifly was broken last night. There is a crack in the glass or something. He did not know if they would be able to fix it.

Edited by lor74

Watching on the webcam , glad the weather has changed for the good, enjoy [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Watching it arrive in Bermuda on live web cam from there. Probably will be at dock within the hour. Have a great time there and a safe trip home.

I am very prone to motion sickness and always take bonine. Works like a charm. You should be able to get some on the ship or maybe the pharmacy at the dockyard. Hope the rest of your trip goes well. Katherine

+ + +

I believe it's free onboard (well, used to be).

We were on the celebrity summit that got back to Bayonne yesterday (actually sat night at 10pm) we left Bermuda early at 7am Friday instead of 4pm and the capt took us out at 19 knots for the first day then slowed down on Saturday. We passed you and another ship Saturday around dinner time as you headed out. Fortunately we had smooth sailing thanks to the captain leaving early and at a high speed. Sorry to hear your experience looks like our Capt and the Capt of ncl breakaway made the right decision to leave Bermuda early.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Now that you've arrived safely in Bermuda, hope the rest if your trip is smooth sailing!

Sailing to Bermuda is high on my cruise list, but now I'm not so sure. Just a year ago we were on Oasis, and I loved sailing then. The water was actually warm at Labadee! Now I'm not so sure about sailing to Bermuda this time of year. Might have to go early in the season, since I know the Atlantic is always rough.

Looking forward to more of your report!

P.S. I get very seasick and start taking Bonine the night before boarding the ship--and oftentimes before I even get on the plane.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is noon Bermuda time, and people are now getting off. We are here until 4:30pm tomorrow. The forecast is partially cloudy with passing showers...it is quite humid. We have been here a few times already, so we have no set plans, and are in no rush. I just did 5 laps on the track and called it quits when some rain came down. Ro is parked at the pool, which is still not open. We have reservations tonight at Chops. I think it is time for me to eat, and then be good not to spoil my appetite the rest of the day

It is noon Bermuda time, and people are now getting off. We are here until 4:30pm tomorrow. The forecast is partially cloudy with passing showers...it is quite humid. We have been here a few times already, so we have no set plans, and are in no rush. I just did 5 laps on the track and called it quits when some rain came down. Ro is parked at the pool, which is still not open. We have reservations tonight at Chops. I think it is time for me to eat, and then be good not to spoil my appetite the rest of the day

Enjoy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We have been on 2 cruises with much worse seas. Please, do yourself a favor and prepare for the cruise back as seas most likely will still be rough. As has been suggested, get yourself some bonine or other medicine and begin taking it before you set sail. If possible buy each of you a set of sea bands and put them on. I can get seasick in dock so I know I must prepare. I use the sea bands, ginger pills and ginger gum and never get sick anymore on a cruise. Bonine and other meds put me to sleep and I don't cruise to sleep. Also, try peppermint schnapps or white cream de menthe in club soda. If they don't have white, green will work too. Besides, it tastes good. Works for me every time. You paid a lot of money to be sick in bed, take the medicine and enjoy your trip back home.

Twenty years ago this week we were on the Celebrity Zenith from NYC to Bermuda. The captain tried to steer the ship away from the hurricane but it found us anyway. Be safe.

cruise%2Bto%2Bhell.jpeg

We did our first on the Zenith in Sept of 2001. We had to leave from Baltimore because of 911 and the NY harbor was shutdown.

The Captain never warned us that there was a major storm in the Atlantic and when we hit open water everything in our suite was flying around like a Harry Potter movie. Broken glasses in our cabin and the incessant slamming of the anchor against the hull. Our window view from suite 1008 (remember no verandas then) showed all water one moment and all sky the next. Due to a delayed departure we had to do the Muster on the outer deck in the morning. What a ride.

Our first of more than 22 or so? since 2001.

bosco