Regatta Now

fred 15

Anyone on Regatta now? How is it after 2 days at sea?

Fred.... let me put it to you...I like Regatta so much that I have booked 3 back to back cruises...37 days with 3 to 4 days at sea at a time... Why would I do that if it wasent going to be something outstanding....and experience to savor.

Been on her in Alaska and she blew my sox off it was so nice... Sea days.. oh yea the best...gimme more sea days/

Fred.... let me put it to you...I like Regatta so much that I have booked 3 back to back cruises...37 days with 3 to 4 days at sea at a time... Why would I do that if it wasent going to be something outstanding....and experience to savor.

Been on her in Alaska and she blew my sox off it was so nice... Sea days.. oh yea the best...gimme more sea days/

Right on, Dan, we just did Alaska July then august on Regatta for the same reasons you said! Too bad we missed you, as i fear you might have needed help in emptying that wine packed cabin.:D

Right on, Dan, we just did Alaska July then august on Regatta for the same reasons you said! Too bad we missed you, as i fear you might have needed help in emptying that wine packed cabin.:D

Always have the cabin door open.... but I hardly ever bring wine or booze with me the Prem package makes it a fools errand for me. Like to meet up with some Canuk navy guys...

Dan

I am not sure how or why should Regatta be any different from Nautica or Insignia? :confused:

They are obviously identical ships except for the staff and crew, which cannot be predicted for the cruises in the future as the staff & crew come and go - it's kind of pot luck as far as that goes. The staff you had in Alaska may be gone by the time you cruise on Regatta.

Sirena is a different story for the time being.

Edited by Paulchili

I am not sure how or why should Regatta be any different from Nautica or Insignia? :confused:

They are obviously identical ships except for the staff and crew, which cannot be predicted for the cruises in the future as the staff & crew come and go - it's kind of pot luck as far as that goes. The staff you had in Alaska may be gone by the time you cruise on Regatta.

Same with key officers (Captain, GM, Head Chef) and CD's

I was on Regatta to Alaska last May and will be on Insignia mid Oct for close to a month. I assume they are basically the same, but will let you know ;-). I enjoyed Regatta immensely.

Agree completely

There is no distinction among the first 3 r ships. Your cruise will only be as good or bad as the itinerary, crew, chef and fellow passengers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 passengers were taken off in Acapulco. Captain reports 1 needed medical procedure, doing well. Other not as serious, was taken off for convenience, doing fine. We missed Huatulco due to time lost to diversion. On way to Nicaragua, but forecast of high seas may prevent tendering there. Other than sea days, all else is fine

Both CD (Dottie) & captain leaving ship in NYC.

Thanks. That makes sense. Back in Jan. on Marina, we asked the CD (Ray Carr) whether he'd be in Canada/New England this fall, and he said yes. The two CA/US cruises start mid-month from NYC, so guess he's coming on then. He claimed he would remember my husband - we'll see!