Oasis/ grand suites

Kathie13

I'd take deck 8 for sure. Straight out to central park, then just 2 flights down for boardwalk, and one extra for Promenade. Same for dining rooms. Elevators can be very slow on Oasis. We stayed on Deck 8 and found it absolutely perfect.

But I guess it also depends on whether you will be using Coastal Kitchen and other venues often as well.

Edited by BNBR

8660 for sure!! We just had 11660 on last week on Allure and I would take Starboard side anyway as Allure almost always ports on that side!! You get to see the coast coming in and do sail away from your balcony!! [emoji5] And its right outside the elevator which brings you directly to the Coastal kitchen...and along with Central Park, it was our favorite spot!! I booked the same room, same ship for this time next year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

8660 for sure!! We just had 11660 on last week on Allure and I would take Starboard side anyway as Allure almost always ports on that side!! You get to see the coast coming in and do sail away from your balcony!! [emoji5] And its right outside the elevator which brings you directly to the Coastal kitchen...and along with Central Park, it was our favorite spot!! I booked the same room, same ship for this time next year!!!

We have 11654 booked for October next year on Oasis so I'm glad to hear that the starboard side was the correct choice to make. I know it's not guaranteed the same side is docked each time but I can hope.

I like 12. Only 3 flights from the SL.

That's what I was thinking. We were on 9 and it worked, but it would've been nice to be closer to the SL. :)

Can't go wrong with either and each have their benefits. What's a couple flights in either direction? :)

Not sure if you've had a GS on the Oasis, but we just had one in April. You can check it out here: Oasis GS #9660

Edited by lv2bcruzin

• 7 months later...
That's what I was thinking. We were on 9 and it worked, but it would've been nice to be closer to the SL. :)

Can't go wrong with either and each have their benefits. What's a couple flights in either direction? :)

Not sure if you've had a GS on the Oasis, but we just had one in April. You can check it out here: Oasis GS #9660

Thank you for your pictures! We're staying in 9660 in July and can't wait! We had a GS on Independence of the Seas last year and LOVED it.

Hopefully you can help me as well. We're currently booked in 10254, port side, but 10654 on the starboard side is available. Only problem is that 10654 is a connecting cabin. Should we change cabins? I do prefer a view over the pier in port.

Hopefully you can help me as well. We're currently booked in 10254, port side, but 10654 on the starboard side is available. Only problem is that 10654 is a connecting cabin. Should we change cabins? I do prefer a view over the pier in port.

I would not change to a connecting stateroom on the chance that you might have a better view.

On our last cruise on Allure OTS (Dec2015) we had GS12654 which is also a connecting cabin. I was trying to change it to a non connecting cabin only because I thought it could be an issue with noise and etc. Nothing opened up on the Starboard side and we did not want to be on the Port side especially for a Western Caribbean cruise. We kept 12654 and loved it. The connecting door was right between the bar counter and the lamp next to the Sofa Bed. We put our suitecases right in front of the connecting door. We had no noise issue during our entire cruise. It was as if the door was not there.

I will also say that our preference on Oasis Class ships is always a cabin on the Starboard side and part of it is the same reason you stated.

To the OP, I would choose the GS on the Starboard side.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser