Bar prices Golden princess

jeep1

We are doing a cruise from Beijing to Sydney next month. Question I know drinks are more expensive on Australia cruises than US cruises. Can anyone tell me prices. Wine. Vodka. Etc. Thinking package might be the way to go. Thanks in advance:)

The onboard prices for that cruise will be in AUD. Remember the US prices do not include the 15% gratuity on drinks which is added later. The prices actually work out to be fairly similar once you take the exchange rate into consideration.

Wines average $8 per glass. By the bottle $30 upwards.

Beers are $6-8.

Most cocktails are $13.95, and there is an amazing selection to choose from.

Not sure about straight spirits but, again, around $8 I think.

Coffees - $1.75 for espresso, $3.50 - $4.50 for lattes, flat whites or cappuchinos.

Bottled water $2.50 and $5 I think.

Can't remember what freshly squeezed OJ costs, I only ever order it when I have a drinks package.

The onboard price of the drinks package is $59pp per day. Ignore what it says in your personalizer - there is a bug in the Princess software that shows incorrect drinks package prices on AUD cruises.

Thanks for these prices OKJJ! These will also be applicable for my Emerald cruise and it didn't take long to figure out that AIBP will definitely be worth it. I would only need to drink four of those cocktails a day to nearly break even...and that's easily done. When you factor in bottled water, at least two of those a day especially on port days, a coffee in the morning, an iced coffee during the day and a couple of fizzies.....easily past the $59 cost a day.

The drink package is never worth it unless you are a really heavy drinker to even having a drinking disorder. There is no way I could personally drink as much as what the cost per day is on the Princess package. I used to get the soda package but even now it is proving a rip off.

If you have credit or can log into the account then you can purchase on board credit and use that for your drinks. I do that now and it works well for me.

been our conundrum all along.

I was a bit dubious on the first cruise that we did that offered the package but DH thought it would make the cruise more relaxing not having to think about the price of every drink, and it did. I did the sums when we got home and we broke even 13 days into the 17 day cruise.

It works for us because we do like wine with our meals, and the odd cocktail or two. The only downside is that the wines available by the glass get a bit boring on a long cruise. There are only about 4-5 that I like.'

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I was a bit dubious on the first cruise that we did that offered the package but DH thought it would make the cruise more relaxing not having to think about the price of every drink, and it did. I did the sums when we got home and we broke even 13 days into the 17 day cruise.

It works for us because we do like wine with our meals, and the odd cocktail or two. The only downside is that the wines available by the glass get a bit boring on a long cruise. There are only about 4-5 that I like.'

I reckon with the combo of port/sea days we will be about the same break even price or a little under.I'm confident I'm calling it right for us.

Island cruise different story, I think we belted them out of the ball-park, and we weren't the only ones. Upwards of 10 drinks a/day, so that must make us raving alcoholics, but the funny thing was, there was no drama, no ill-feeling,

everyone just got along.

We did however position ourselves round the aft-bar well away from everyone else.

The drink package is never worth it unless you are a really heavy drinker to even having a drinking disorder. There is no way I could personally drink as much as what the cost per day is on the Princess package. I used to get the soda package but even now it is proving a rip off.

If you have credit or can log into the account then you can purchase on board credit and use that for your drinks. I do that now and it works well for me.

The drinks don't have to be alcoholic but you do have to drink quite a few.

Two cocktails and three glasses of wine a day when on holiday is being a heavy drinker or having a drinking disorder? Wow! I never knew :rolleyes:

Don't be silly, Brisbane41.

Yes I agree!! Hubby and I are not heavy drinkers, we don't drink during the week and barely on the weekends...however on a holiday we are not adverse to a cocktail or three/four. Having drunk cocktails in the past, I know I could easily down 3-4 a night, because they are so yummy, taste delicious and I don't really notice the alcohol much (hey maybe the mocktails are the way to go for me). Sort of feel like a raging alcoholic when a comment like the one above is posted.

Yes I agree!! Hubby and I are not heavy drinkers, we don't drink during the week and barely on the weekends...however on a holiday we are not adverse to a cocktail or three/four. Having drunk cocktails in the past, I know I could easily down 3-4 a night, because they are so yummy, taste delicious and I don't really notice the alcohol much (hey maybe the mocktails are the way to go for me). Sort of feel like a raging alcoholic when a comment like the one above is posted.

It may also depend on the medications that someone may be on.

It may also depend on the medications that someone may be on.

That's why I mentioned individual tolerance to alcohol earlier. However just because one person can't tolerate much alcohol for whatever reason doesn't mean that those that have a higher tolerence to alcohol are raging alcoholics. One has to be tolerant of the tolerances. ;) :D

That's why I mentioned individual tolerance to alcohol earlier. However just because one person can't tolerate much alcohol for whatever reason doesn't mean that those that have a higher tolerence to alcohol are raging alcoholics. One has to be tolerant of the tolerances. ;) :D

Exactly, and some may be doing or saying things that appear odd due to their medications prior to even drinking.;)

However, to be fair to Brisbane41, the national guidelines specify no more than 2 drinks (alcoholic) a day for women. They also recommend alcohol free days each week.

http://www.alcohol.gov.au/internet/alcohol/publishing.nsf/Content/guide-adult

Sure! But that goes out of the window on holidays :D

Please do not drink everyday, its a health hazard and you could be labelled an alcoholic.

Much better to smash them down, every third, so you can be labelled a Binge Drinker.

But please feel free to drink,1 to 2 red wines a day, as its beneficial.

But on the other hand when on holiday, de-stress and drink what you like.

But,but what,OMG.:rolleyes:

Edited by mrs and mrs